Ashes - second test

WARNING: This section may contain jokes or topics of an offensive nature.
Recommended for over 18's only. Send Admin a PM to request exclusion.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

asl
Looks like this is going to be just as tense. Three wickets fell in the morning session in pretty good batting conditions. Trotty and Belly steadying the ship.
Shade
Trott's dismissal was frustrating. He should have been there until Tea at least. Bairstow and Bell need to stay there until 275-300 minimum now.
taxidave
asl wrote:Looks like this is going to be just as tense. Three wickets fell in the morning session in pretty good batting conditions. Trotty and Belly steadying the ship.
Don't these cricketers have odd names !
I assume one of them goes to the toilet a lot and the other drinks a lot of beer.
Shade
taxidave wrote:
asl wrote:Looks like this is going to be just as tense. Three wickets fell in the morning session in pretty good batting conditions. Trotty and Belly steadying the ship.
Don't these cricketers have odd names !
I assume one of them goes to the toilet a lot and the other drinks a lot of beer.
Nooooooo!

They both go to the toilet a lot, but it'd be confusing calling them both Trotty, so the other one is Dicky Belly.
asl
Oh, I can't wait to watch the highlights after Siddle clean-bowled Bairstow - only to have stepped a millimetre over the line! Oh, how unfortunate! :lol:
Shade
Gutted for the Aussies. Especially as Bairstow was half way back to the pavillion :)
Shade
Destruction. Carnage. Luck. And it's all going England's way. How refreshing! :)
asl
Love it. :lol:
Shade
Just when I thought they were going to have to turn up again tomorrow for potentially just one ball, Swann gets the last wicket. Easy, this Ashes...
asl
Let's really go all out to grind them into the ground - the way they did to us for 15 years or so. 5-0 will be a nice series.
Shade
Yep, looking for 10-0 early 2014! Keep hearing sympathy for the Aussies and that people wish it was a closer run thing...balls! I'm pretty sure they didn't feel sorry for us when they spent the best part of 20 years destroying us time and again! Savour every single run we win by.
taxidave
I was travelling the other day from Clapham Junction to Waterloo and near Vauxhall station I could see some stands and floodlights but I do not know of any football ground near there; is there a football ground I am not aware of or could it have been the Oval cricket ground ?
asl
Yes, almost certainly the Oval I'd have thought. Surrey must've been losing to some team that day.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Was lovely to see the best captain England never had - Chris Taylor - on as 12th man/sub at one point.

Average of around 43 in his last season for Glos.

The first player to make a ton in his first class debut where that debut was also at Lords.

Paid the price for being a one-county man. Played for his county of birth, and although that ruled him out of England selection he chose not to move to a county where he'd have been guaranteed England caps.