Sure the 5 million Romanians & Bulgarians will help things

WARNING: This section may contain jokes or topics of an offensive nature.
Recommended for over 18's only. Send Admin a PM to request exclusion.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Malabus
In January 2014 and the next few years.

http://www.itv.com/news/story/2013-08-2 ... obs-eases/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This country is f+cked!
RTT
Where is your proof of the 5 million or is this just another Daily Mail scare story?
C.V
RTT wrote:Where is your proof of the 5 million or is this just another Daily Mail scare story?

Hmmm seem to remember the same being said about small amount we were expecting from Poland.The Goverment are not panicking for nothing they know immigration is out of hand they dont even know how many have actually come in.Add to this the ex pats that are clammering to come back to Britain because they have realised these retirment homes they have in Spain Cyprus are worthless the grass isn't always greener etc etc.
TheRaven
Malabus wrote:In January 2014 and the next few years.

http://www.itv.com/news/story/2013-08-2 ... obs-eases/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This country is f+cked!
Population of Romania = ~22m
Population of Bulgaria = ~7.5m

So you're saying that 1 in 6 Romanian/Bulgarians will make their way to Britain? Get real.
Malabus
TheRaven wrote:
Malabus wrote:In January 2014 and the next few years.

This country is f+cked!
Population of Romania = ~22m
Population of Bulgaria = ~7.5m

So you're saying that 1 in 6 Romanian/Bulgarians will make their way to Britain? Get real.
Correct.
http://www.novinite.com/view_news.php?id=144916" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Joey
If we shut Mal in a room full of immigrant do you think he'd implode?
Malabus
Joey wrote:If we shut Mal in a room full of immigrant do you think he'd implode?
I would kill them all with an axe with a joyous expression on my face. :grin:
asl
There's only one way to find out...

Besides, let's look back over history: without the Irish, the drainage, the canals and the railways would probably never have been built within the same time-frames to fuel the agricultural and industrial revolutions. More recently, remove all the 'immigrant' medical workers and the NHS simply would not exist.

Like it or not, Britain relies an awful lot on immigrants. Many of them are willing to do jobs that too few British people would consider because it involves hard work - and, yes, sure: some immigrants are claiming benefits. I'd like to see a statistical breakdown of benefit claims by ethnicity. I bet there's plenty of free-loading, white, 'indigenous' people balancing it out.
Malabus
asl wrote:There's only one way to find out...

Besides, let's look back over history: without the Irish, the drainage, the canals and the railways would probably never have been built within the same time-frames to fuel the agricultural and industrial revolutions. More recently, remove all the 'immigrant' medical workers and the NHS simply would not exist.

Like it or not, Britain relies an awful lot on immigrants. Many of them are willing to do jobs that too few British people would consider because it involves hard work - and, yes, sure: some immigrants are claiming benefits. I'd like to see a statistical breakdown of benefit claims by ethnicity. I bet there's plenty of free-loading, white, 'indigenous' people balancing it out.
We don't need any increase in population which is the concerning issue at present and especially in Jan 2014.
RTT
Look at all the areas of the world that we have colonised in the past. Large parts of Africa, the Indian sub continent, Singapore / Hong Kong region, Australia, New Zealand, North America and took part in scourge of Slavery there causing thousands to die in a civil war.

Closer to home, in the case of Poland. The were our allies in the 1939-45 war and lost a lot of people in it, including the Battle of Britian. So what do we do, we make a pact with Stalin that places the Polish nation under Soviet rule for decades. I think we owe Poland quite a lot.
Malabus
RTT wrote:Look at all the areas of the world that we have colonised in the past. Large parts of Africa, the Indian sub continent, Singapore / Hong Kong region, Australia, New Zealand, North America and took part in scourge of Slavery there causing thousands to die in a civil war.

Closer to home, in the case of Poland. The were our allies in the 1939-45 war and lost a lot of people in it, including the Battle of Britian. So what do we do, we make a pact with Stalin that places the Polish nation under Soviet rule for decades. I think we owe Poland quite a lot.
OHHH DEAR.....many European countries owe us regarding WW2 but we are not flocking to these places and exploiting and leeching their welfare system.
RTT
I think you mean the Americans or the Soviets, as without their assistance the war would not have gone the way it did.

If the Germans had got their tactics right the we would probably been invaded after the Dunkirk retreat, but Hilter wanted to do by air and hence the Battle of Britian, and the Polish and Commonwealth pilots.
Malabus
RTT wrote:I think you mean the Americans or the Soviets, as without their assistance the war would not have gone the way it did.

If the Germans had got their tactics right the we would probably been invaded after the Dunkirk retreat, but Hilter wanted to do by air and hence the Battle of Britian, and the Polish and Commonwealth pilots.
Eractic Aldolf Hitler had Russia invading his thoughts that was our 'saving grace'.
C.V
Cant see the argument here to be honest there just isn't enough jobs now.
Robin
asl wrote:There's only one way to find out...

Exactly anyone who believes we should cease all immigration is living in cuckoo land! The real question should be why are we seeing so many arrive versus say France and Germany who are similar sized economies.