Former fan takes over local pub.

WARNING: This section may contain jokes or topics of an offensive nature.
Recommended for over 18's only. Send Admin a PM to request exclusion.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

taxidave
http://www.thisisgloucestershire.co.uk/ ... z2g7LSswjG" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ralph
always liked chatting to Martyn and his brother and parents in years gone by. If theres a guy that knows his ale, its Martyn. Used to remember standing by him when the C&G was without roof in the winter and he'd be there in his blue sweater .. happy times!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Why is he not a fan any more?
taxidave
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Why is he not a fan any more?
Probably for the same reason a few other thousand people don't go any more,... whatever that may be.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I wasn't commenting on attendance - you can be a fan and not ever go to games.
taxidave
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:I wasn't commenting on attendance - you can be a fan and not ever go to games.
Obviously your definition of a fan and mine are very different.
Andy
Dave,

This is where it all goes down to definitions:

fan: A person who has a strong interest in or admiration for a particular sport, art or entertainment form, or famous person.

supporter: A person who is actively interested in and wishes success for a particular sports team.

So Im a fan of the England football team - but I have never actually been to an England match but I am a supporter of Cheltenham albeit not as actively as some (ie only a few away games).
asl
Yep, agreed. I'm an Arsenal fan but a Cheltenham supporter. That's the definition of the two things I've always used, too.
paperboy
Yep, remember the Herberts' standing on the uncovered terracing at the Prestbury Road end- how times have changed.

I thought the jumpers' were always red in colour- I would like to know ,it's really important to me.

Wish him all the best in his new venture ,even though I'm a low-life lager lout.
C.V
taxidave wrote:
Probably for the same reason a few other thousand people don't go any more,... whatever that may be.

Whilst we were still in the conference and Beaver homes before that we had a hard core of about 1000 diehard supporters.When we got promoted to the league we lost a lot of that support for various reasons. Some thought the fun had gone out of it,got to expensive,didnt like the travelling league supporters,prefered it when they could swap ends plus a variety of other reasons.They have been replaced by others who thought we didnt exist till 1999 how long they will hang around is anybody's idea.They seem to come and go you dont see anyone for ages then when the big games come around there they are the lifelong fans :lol: :lol:
Ralph
C.V wrote:
taxidave wrote:

Beaver homes
Please tell me this is a typo and you knew the actual name of the league sponsor :lol:
C.V
:oops: :oops: Beazer Homes was a typo :oops: :oops:
Ralph
Made me laugh out loud lol
TheRaven
C.V wrote: Beaver homes
Dam it.
Malabus
Ralph wrote:Made me laugh out loud lol
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Guess who has a bladder full of steaming urine ready for battle...