FLU JABS.

WARNING: This section may contain jokes or topics of an offensive nature.
Recommended for over 18's only. Send Admin a PM to request exclusion.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Malabus
Never had a winter flu jab, but after last winter in which I was quite ill I have decided to have the jab. David Icke does say it's a vaccine for mind control but I'm going to take the risk.

If you are a poor working adult like me then you'll have to pay. If anyone is thinking of having a paid vaccine then the cheapest places are :

MORRISONS
ASDA

Both at £7.00 a shot. Phone to make booking.
C.V
Good lad got to keep you young un's fit
Shade
Never realised you could buy them. Just assumed it was a thing for OAP's who got a letter through from their doc's.
Malabus
Shade wrote:Never realised you could buy them. Just assumed it was a thing for OAP's who got a letter through from their doc's.
http://www.morrisons.co.uk/more-for-you ... y/Flu-jab/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://your.asda.com/news-and-blogs/it- ... a-pharmacy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ctfc-fan
Malabus wrote:Never had a winter flu jab, but after last winter in which I was quite ill I have decided to have the jab. David Icke does say it's a vaccine for mind control but I'm going to take the risk.

If you are a poor working adult like me then you'll have to pay. If anyone is thinking of having a paid vaccine then the cheapest places are :

MORRISONS
ASDA

Man up will you!!
Ralph
Malabus wrote:Never had a winter flu jab, but after last winter in which I was quite ill I have decided to have the jab. David Icke does say it's a vaccine for mind control but I'm going to take the risk.

MORRISONS
ASDA

its the gov's way to thin the herd each winter legally
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Flu jabs at ASDA? What on earth.
asl
Tesco Value flu shots are delivered as a suppository rather than an injection, I gather.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
asl wrote:Tesco Value flu shots are delivered as a suppository rather than an injection, I gather.
I bet it's horse tranquilliser.
Malabus
Back on topic and a serious valid point, flu kills 4000 people in this country each year.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Malabus wrote:Back on topic and a serious valid point, flu kills 4000 people in this country each year.
which is why at risk groups get jabs each year?
Circa 1887
I'm with you on this Mal - I had flu in April for the first time in my adult life. It was f'ing awful, I lost about 10lbs over two-three weeks of having it - I'm in the process of organising my jab.
C.V
Mal when Taxi Dave and Nesty were young un's like you before the war they never had the problem l reckon its all the open borders and immigration :P
asl
They certainly did have that problem, CV: don't you realise just how many of their friends and family must've perished during the outbreak in 1918-20...?
Malabus
C.V wrote:Mal when Taxi Dave and Nesty were young un's like you before the war they never had the problem l reckon its all the open borders and immigration :P
The new yearly flu strain comes from South East Asia; pigs and birds spread the virus and inevitably onto humans and humans tend to use planes more than we ever did and travel the world, this is a major problem to tackle the flu: air travel is a big menace regarding viruses spreading globally. Immigration doesn't help.
Shade
Circa 1887 wrote:I'm with you on this Mal - I had flu in April for the first time in my adult life. It was f'ing awful, I lost about 10lbs over two-three weeks of having it - I'm in the process of organising my jab.
First time in your life?! You lucky sod!
Malabus
Just tho add.

Having high levels antioxidants is a great way of tackling the flu virus. Eating more fruit and vegetables in the winter would be beneficial. Also one of the greatest weapons is to consume a glass of green tea at least three times a day.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
And Ribena
TheRaven
Mass use of the jab will make the strains more resistant and the effect of the vaccine less pronounced. That is why only the at-risk groups are encouraged to get them. Those of us who would survive a bout of flu should not be rushing to be vaccinated. In just the same way, our society's reliance on anti-biotics for the most minor ailments will also bite us in the ass in the next few years.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
TheRaven wrote:Mass use of the jab will make the strains more resistant and the effect of the vaccine less pronounced. That is why only the at-risk groups are encouraged to get them. Those of us who would survive a bout of flu should not be rushing to be vaccinated. In just the same way, our society's reliance on anti-biotics for the most minor ailments will also bite us in the ass in the next few years.
Unlike the MMR jab where a minimum number of people need it for it to work, yet people didn't want it. Perverse.
TheRaven
As an education professional, I can state firmly that the paranoia and fear of autism/ASD hangs in the air at every single Parents' Evening. Not so many parents seem concerned about measles, mumps and rubella. Even though their children are more likely to a) suffer from one of these at some point, b) come to serious harm from them and c) easily avoid them by taking a simple vaccination, they'd rather take their (or rather, let their child take their) chances just in case the widely-ridiculed false link (not backed up by evidence) that a now-discredited doctor made happens to be true. Progress.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
TheRaven wrote:As an education professional, I can state firmly that the paranoia and fear of autism/ASD hangs in the air at every single Parents' Evening. Not so many parents seem concerned about measles, mumps and rubella. Even though their children are more likely to a) suffer from one of these at some point, b) come to serious harm from them and c) easily avoid them by taking a simple vaccination, they'd rather take their (or rather, let their child take their) chances just in case the widely-ridiculed false link (not backed up by evidence) that a now-discredited doctor made happens to be true. Progress.
Another thing to blame the the Daily Mail for. Talk about hating Britain
Nesty
C.V wrote:Mal when Taxi Dave and Nesty were young un's like you before the war they never had the problem l reckon its all the open borders and immigration :P
I used to get Florence Nightingale to give me my flu jabs
Malabus
Had my jab today at Morrisons....worth every penny if it works.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Malabus wrote:Had my jab today at Morrisons....worth every penny if it works.
Keep on the green tea for two or three weeks: "Once protected with the flu vaccination, it can take 10–21 days before protection commences"

http://www.morrisons.co.uk/more-for-you ... y/Flu-jab/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shade
Would rather have the dreaded flu than a jab whilst I'm young and fit enough to fight it naturally.
Plus...a week on the sick is worth a few days of sweating my balls off, feeling sick and being sore all over :P
Malabus
Shade wrote:Would rather have the dreaded flu than a jab whilst I'm young and fit enough to fight it naturally.
Plus...a week on the sick is worth a few days of sweating my balls off, feeling sick and being sore all over :P
Sounds like you never had real man flu, Shade.
asl
A doctor I once knew said that if you're in bed sneezing, achy, hot and cold, etc and you see a £50 note blowing around in the wind outside - if you struggle out to get it, you've just got a bad cold. If you think "f#$k it" and wrap yourself up tighter in the duvet, then you've got the flu.
Malabus
H7N9 will be a global killer. Save yourself and get jabs!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Natural population control. Don't interfere.
taxidave
But that is something you cannot quantify. If you go all winter without getting flu was it because of the jab or was it because you never came into contact with the virus.
But if you do happen to get flu then you will say the jab was a waste of money and didn't work.
Malabus
taxidave wrote:
But that is something you cannot quantify. If you go all winter without getting flu was it because of the jab or was it because you never came into contact with the virus.
But if you do happen to get flu then you will say the jab was a waste of money and didn't work.
I was given three strains and now my immune system has the valuable information required to destroy any potential attack.

Keep this handy map on you phones, iPods and other electronically devices.
http://healthmap.org/h7n9/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Three jabs! So next year each of those strains will have adapted to get round the vaccine and there will be six jabs needed.
Malabus
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Three jabs! So next year each of those strains will have adapted to get round the vaccine and there will be six jabs needed.
Three strains in one jab.