F1

WARNING: This section may contain jokes or topics of an offensive nature.
Recommended for over 18's only. Send Admin a PM to request exclusion.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Malabus
Do people actually still watched this 'so called' sport.
Daveangel
Good God, we agree on something!
Second only to cycling as the most pointlessly inane and boring sport in existence.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
The team tactics of a cycling Grand Tour make F1 look like a nursery school mad half hour. Cycling is only comparable to test match cricket. Thing is you have to follow a cycling tour from day one. If you just watch a random day without being up to date with the significant context it is dull and pointless to watch.
Shade
I watch it, and went to the Italian GP last month.

Vettel and Red Bull's dominance is making it a bit boring though. Rather than to watch a good race I now find myself watching to see if Vettel's car breaks down. Only happened twice in 2 seasons though, that I can remember.

Meanwhile I find cycling dull as ditchwater, so...
Andy
I watch it and went to the British Grand Prix. Can certainly recommend going to a GP - as there is a lot more happening over the weekend than just the F1 Practice, Qualifying and race.
Shade
Andy wrote:I watch it and went to the British Grand Prix. Can certainly recommend going to a GP - as there is a lot more happening over the weekend than just the F1 Practice, Qualifying and race.
Unless you're in Korea, where you don't get any support races and the nearest proper city is hundreds of miles away!

I would also recommend going to one, although I'd rather go to one abroad than at home as there are new and foreign places to explore at night. It was also interesting seeing the way Italians "book" their spot for the race, taping off large parts of land by the track and camping out overnight with BBQ's. Some of them were so wasted and tired by the time the race started that they were still asleep on their roll up matresses :lol: Not like they were wasting money though, as I'm pretty sure they walked in to the circuit for free when everyone else was leaving the night before.

On another note, Red Bull had their advertising cars out and were giving out free cans to anyone who wanted them throughout the weekend in and around the circuit. They must have given away well over a million, judging by the huge piles of empty cans every couple of hundred yards throughout the national park that the circuit is set within. A bit of PR work at a circuit where 90% of the fans want Ferrari to win!
Andy
Must admit Shade, I would love to go to one abroad and this year was the first time I actually have been to one, and then it was only because someone fell ill and I rushed there on the Saturday (made it just in time for qualifying) to join my son to watch the rest of the weekend.

The British GP was very good this year though because of all the tyre blow outs :)
Shade
True, there was more action at Silverstone than Monza! Plus Vettel didn't win!

Hopefully going to Spa next year, the second British GP, as it's known.
Andy
Must admit Im considering saving a couple of years and doing monaco - as that would be one the wife wouldnt mind as she would come as well then

otherwise its hoping my son and his friend book up to go somewhere again and his friend falls ill again... :) LOL
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Be cheaper for me to spend a free after noon on Alpe d'Huez watching the next great battle for the mallieu jeune take place. Though I do like F1 and gave always wanted to go to a race.