Register    Login    Search    FAQ

CTFC.com Official Site Cheltenham Town FC 500 Club

Other Useful Links:     Leo's Blog    Robins Trust    CTFC Chatter    Football Ground Guide    This is Gloucestershire    News Now    CTFC History Site

Board index » THE NEST » NON FOOTY/JOKES ETC

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Post subject: Cycle sales are outstripping cars
 Post Posted: 30 Oct 2013, 12:10 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/1041310 ... -cars.html

An AA spokesman believes the soaring demand for two-wheeled travel is down to simple economics.

“It makes sense especially for people travelling short distances to the shops, pick up a paper or go with their children to school because of the high cost of fuel’” he said.

Top  Share on FacebookShare on Twitter
 Post subject: Re: Cycle sales are outstripping cars
 Post Posted: 30 Oct 2013, 14:35 

If you have any kind of intelligence cycling is the most sensible and environment friendly option. Cycling is the future.

Post Posted: 30 Oct 2013, 15:09 

The Golden Age of Cyclists will soon be upon us. They will rule for 800 years before the Pro-Walking campaigners finally get their way and we all have to live within 3 miles of our workplace.

Eventually, we will resort to swinging through the trees for a while before we resort to crawling everywhere on our stomach and then swimming the rest of the way.

Post Posted: 30 Oct 2013, 15:29 

asl wrote:
The Golden Age of Cyclists will soon be upon us. They will rule for 800 years before the Pro-Walking campaigners finally get their way and we all have to live within 3 miles of our workplace.

Eventually, we will resort to swinging through the trees for a while before we resort to crawling everywhere on our stomach and then swimming the rest of the way.

And all the obese people sat in a traffic jam getting angry would have died out millennia before

Post Posted: 30 Oct 2013, 18:50 

asl wrote:

:lol:

Has anyone seen the film Premium Rush? Typical bloody cyclists running red lights and not giving a c!#p about anybody but themselves...

Post Posted: 30 Oct 2013, 18:56 

Shade wrote:
asl wrote:

Has anyone seen the film Premium Rush? Typical bloody cyclists running red lights and not giving a c!#p about anybody but themselves...

Objection: Incorrect use of the word 'typical'.

Post Posted: 31 Oct 2013, 05:40 

Reversed evolution. Sounds intense.

Post Posted: 31 Oct 2013, 12:13 

RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Shade wrote:
asl wrote:

Objection: Incorrect use of the word 'typical'.

I stand by the use of the word typical; the use of the word meaning "most" in this instance... Included in that are the ones who decide they don't want to wait at the lights like a road user, so jump onto the pavement and use the crossing.

Post Posted: 31 Oct 2013, 12:13 

SteveBurnsTV wrote:
Reversed evolution. Sounds intense.

And painful. Things popping back into places they grew from... :o

Post Posted: 31 Oct 2013, 12:25 

Shade wrote:
I stand by the use of the word typical; the use of the word meaning "most" in this instance... Included in that are the ones who decide they don't want to wait at the lights like a road user, so jump onto the pavement and use the crossing.

Complete, utter and horrific non sense. The majority of good cyclists like myself abide by the UK road rules and laws. I am totally offended by your loose tongue comments!!

Post Posted: 31 Oct 2013, 14:05 

Shade wrote:

I would say some, not most.

Post Posted: 31 Oct 2013, 14:26 

Malabus wrote:
Shade wrote:

Complete, utter and horrific non sense. The majority of good cyclists like myself abide by the UK road rules and laws. I am totally offended by your loose tongue comments!!

The majority of good cyclists makes up 1% of all cyclists. So the majority of good cyclists is >1%.

I speak facts. Just carried out my own survey based on 30 minutes in the car, driving round with heavy rock turned up to 11 and shouting at any tw@ getting in my way.

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Board index » THE NEST » NON FOOTY/JOKES ETC