Cycle sales are outstripping cars

WARNING: This section may contain jokes or topics of an offensive nature.
Recommended for over 18's only. Send Admin a PM to request exclusion.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/1041310 ... -cars.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

An AA spokesman believes the soaring demand for two-wheeled travel is down to simple economics.

“It makes sense especially for people travelling short distances to the shops, pick up a paper or go with their children to school because of the high cost of fuel’” he said.
Malabus
If you have any kind of intelligence cycling is the most sensible and environment friendly option. Cycling is the future.
asl
The Golden Age of Cyclists will soon be upon us. They will rule for 800 years before the Pro-Walking campaigners finally get their way and we all have to live within 3 miles of our workplace.

Eventually, we will resort to swinging through the trees for a while before we resort to crawling everywhere on our stomach and then swimming the rest of the way.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
asl wrote:The Golden Age of Cyclists will soon be upon us. They will rule for 800 years before the Pro-Walking campaigners finally get their way and we all have to live within 3 miles of our workplace.

Eventually, we will resort to swinging through the trees for a while before we resort to crawling everywhere on our stomach and then swimming the rest of the way.
And all the obese people sat in a traffic jam getting angry would have died out millennia before
Shade
asl wrote:The Golden Age of Cyclists will soon be upon us. They will rule for 800 years before the Pro-Walking campaigners finally get their way and we all have to live within 3 miles of our workplace.

:lol:

Has anyone seen the film Premium Rush? Typical bloody cyclists running red lights and not giving a c!#p about anybody but themselves...
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:

Has anyone seen the film Premium Rush? Typical bloody cyclists running red lights and not giving a c!#p about anybody but themselves...
Objection: Incorrect use of the word 'typical'.
SteveBurnsTV
Reversed evolution. Sounds intense.
Shade
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Shade wrote:

Objection: Incorrect use of the word 'typical'.
I stand by the use of the word typical; the use of the word meaning "most" in this instance... Included in that are the ones who decide they don't want to wait at the lights like a road user, so jump onto the pavement and use the crossing.
Shade
SteveBurnsTV wrote:Reversed evolution. Sounds intense.
And painful. Things popping back into places they grew from... :o
Malabus
Shade wrote:I stand by the use of the word typical; the use of the word meaning "most" in this instance... Included in that are the ones who decide they don't want to wait at the lights like a road user, so jump onto the pavement and use the crossing.
Complete, utter and horrific non sense. The majority of good cyclists like myself abide by the UK road rules and laws. I am totally offended by your loose tongue comments!!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote: I stand by the use of the word typical; the use of the word meaning "most" in this instance... Included in that are the ones who decide they don't want to wait at the lights like a road user, so jump onto the pavement and use the crossing.
I would say some, not most.
Shade
Malabus wrote:
Shade wrote:I stand by the use of the word typical; the use of the word meaning "most" in this instance... Included in that are the ones who decide they don't want to wait at the lights like a road user, so jump onto the pavement and use the crossing.
Complete, utter and horrific non sense. The majority of good cyclists like myself abide by the UK road rules and laws. I am totally offended by your loose tongue comments!!
The majority of good cyclists makes up 1% of all cyclists. So the majority of good cyclists is >1%.

I speak facts. Just carried out my own survey based on 30 minutes in the car, driving round with heavy rock turned up to 11 and shouting at any tw@ getting in my way.