Register    Login    Search    FAQ



CTFC.com Official Site Cheltenham Town FC 500 Club

Other Useful Links:     Leo's Blog    Robins Trust    CTFC Chatter    Football Ground Guide    This is Gloucestershire    News Now    CTFC History Site

Board index » THE NEST » NON FOOTY/JOKES ETC




 Page 1 of 1 [ 31 posts ] 



Author Message
 Post subject: Littlejohn Fail
 Post Posted: 01 Nov 2013, 15:03 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 04:27
Posts: 20519
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
I wish people took the time to do this to everything the odious man writes!

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... daily-mail


Top  Share on FacebookShare on Twitter
 Post subject: Re: Littlejohn Fail
 Post Posted: 01 Nov 2013, 15:22 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 13:26
Posts: 12123
Location: The Death Star.
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 0 time
But she can afford the £1000's of tattoo art on her skin.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Littlejohn Fail
 Post Posted: 01 Nov 2013, 15:45 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 20 Oct 2011, 12:45
Posts: 2890
Location: Dawlish
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
Malabus wrote:
But she can afford the £1000's of tattoo art on her skin.


Congratulations, you are the 10,000th person to point out her tattoos. Click here to win a free iPad!

Have you considered they may have got them before she had money issues or after she had managed to get a job?

This is exactly the kind of thing that people do in an attempt to somehow demonise working class/poorer people. You can't find a reasonable argument against them so you attack their way of life or their looks. Are working class people banned from getting tattoos or the other main one, owning a flat screen television? I highly doubt she was living the unpleasant lifestyle she had to just so she can get inked up once she recieves her next payment.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Littlejohn Fail
 Post Posted: 01 Nov 2013, 16:25 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 04:27
Posts: 20519
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
To be honest Joey, I disagree with you there.

I have a cheap 22 inch Logik TV because I wanted to use the money on things I find more worthwhile (Season Ticket, Holiday, Wine, etc).

If I brought a big plasma then I'd be knowingly re-allocating some of my budget to that away from other things, and would be happy to accept having less budget for other things. Or, of course, if my budget was suitably expanded I could do both.

What I would not do is to by a big plasma and then moan I can't buy as much other stuff because of it.

So as much as I despise the low-wage society we have with exploited people working full-time for big profitable firms but not earning enough to survive, I maintain those people still have a budget to manage and if they allocate resource to a giant plasma then they have to accept they have less to spend on food and fuel.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Littlejohn Fail
 Post Posted: 01 Nov 2013, 20:18 
Offline

Joined: 04 Jun 2012, 15:41
Posts: 260
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Mal has clearly just read John Littledick's piece and not the reply which clearly states when and how the tattoos were paid for - not that it is in any way relevant. Either that or conveniently ignored it as it didn't fit with his agenda.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Littlejohn Fail
 Post Posted: 01 Nov 2013, 20:54 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 13:26
Posts: 12123
Location: The Death Star.
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 0 time
TheRaven wrote:
Mal has clearly just read John Littledick's piece and not the reply which clearly states when and how the tattoos were paid for - not that it is in any way relevant. Either that or conveniently ignored it as it didn't fit with his agenda.


Incorrect. I made an observational opinion after she was crying over the tesco value red kidney beans. I have a brain so do not fall for these 'sorry' stories.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Littlejohn Fail
 Post Posted: 01 Nov 2013, 21:21 
Offline

Joined: 04 Jun 2012, 15:41
Posts: 260
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Your observational opinion doesn't tally with the clearly stated timeline.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Littlejohn Fail
 Post Posted: 01 Nov 2013, 21:27 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 13:26
Posts: 12123
Location: The Death Star.
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 0 time
TheRaven wrote:
Your observational opinion doesn't tally with the clearly stated timeline.


Sorry I don't understand.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Littlejohn Fail
 Post Posted: 02 Nov 2013, 00:26 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 04:27
Posts: 20519
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
Malabus wrote:
TheRaven wrote:
Your observational opinion doesn't tally with the clearly stated timeline.


Sorry I don't understand.


That explains a lot.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Littlejohn Fail
 Post Posted: 02 Nov 2013, 01:05 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 13:26
Posts: 12123
Location: The Death Star.
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 0 time
3. Ah, the tattoos. An easy distraction from the real issues. Read this slowly and absorb: I got my first tattoo when I was 18 (no baby, in work) and continued spending my wages on my tattoos until I didn't have wages to spend on them any more. I did not spend my "benefit money" on tattoos. End of. I do still have them, because tattoos are permanent, so even when you're freezing and starving you can't sell them for a bit of cash.


OHH I see....didn't read that bit.

Instead of having tattoos she should have saved and shouldn't have had a child if she can't feed herself. No strong or valid excuse really.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Littlejohn Fail
 Post Posted: 02 Nov 2013, 08:16 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 04:27
Posts: 20519
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
I assume Mal you save your money rather than spending it on ale, cider and Balkan jollies?


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Littlejohn Fail
 Post Posted: 02 Nov 2013, 11:23 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 13:26
Posts: 12123
Location: The Death Star.
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 0 time
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
I assume Mal you save your money rather than spending it on ale, cider and Balkan jollies?


If my spending budget can accommodate for that, then yes.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Littlejohn Fail
 Post Posted: 02 Nov 2013, 11:24 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 20 Oct 2011, 12:45
Posts: 2890
Location: Dawlish
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
Malabus wrote:
3. Ah, the tattoos. An easy distraction from the real issues. Read this slowly and absorb: I got my first tattoo when I was 18 (no baby, in work) and continued spending my wages on my tattoos until I didn't have wages to spend on them any more. I did not spend my "benefit money" on tattoos. End of. I do still have them, because tattoos are permanent, so even when you're freezing and starving you can't sell them for a bit of cash.


OHH I see....didn't read that bit.

Instead of having tattoos she should have saved and shouldn't have had a child if she can't feed herself. No strong or valid excuse really.


You don't know the ins and outs of Miss Monroe's life, it's not yours or anyone's place to tell her how she should live her life.

If only people like you and those of the Daily Mail attacked who are damaging the planet and our way of life with such tenacity.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Littlejohn Fail
 Post Posted: 02 Nov 2013, 11:26 
Offline

Joined: 04 Jun 2012, 15:41
Posts: 260
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Malabus wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
I assume Mal you save your money rather than spending it on ale, cider and Balkan jollies?


If my spending budget can accommodate for that, then yes.


AT THE TIME, her spending budget could accommodate that. I thought it was quite straightforward.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Littlejohn Fail
 Post Posted: 02 Nov 2013, 11:32 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 13:26
Posts: 12123
Location: The Death Star.
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 0 time
Joey wrote:
Malabus wrote:
3. Ah, the tattoos. An easy distraction from the real issues. Read this slowly and absorb: I got my first tattoo when I was 18 (no baby, in work) and continued spending my wages on my tattoos until I didn't have wages to spend on them any more. I did not spend my "benefit money" on tattoos. End of. I do still have them, because tattoos are permanent, so even when you're freezing and starving you can't sell them for a bit of cash.


OHH I see....didn't read that bit.

Instead of having tattoos she should have saved and shouldn't have had a child if she can't feed herself. No strong or valid excuse really.


You don't know the ins and outs of Miss Monroe's life, it's not yours or anyone's place to tell her how she should live her life.

If only people like you and those of the Daily Mail attacked who are damaging the planet and our way of life with such tenacity.


I've not "attacked" anyone on this thread. My views are based on reason : rationality.
The conclusion that is obvious to see - Richard Littlejohn conjures and raises valid arguments.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Littlejohn Fail
 Post Posted: 02 Nov 2013, 11:43 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 04:27
Posts: 20519
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
Malabus wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
I assume Mal you save your money rather than spending it on ale, cider and Balkan jollies?


If my spending budget can accommodate for that, then yes.


So at the time hers may have accommodated tattoos.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Littlejohn Fail
 Post Posted: 02 Nov 2013, 11:47 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 04:27
Posts: 20519
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
Malabus wrote:
Joey wrote:
Malabus wrote:
3. Ah, the tattoos. An easy distraction from the real issues. Read this slowly and absorb: I got my first tattoo when I was 18 (no baby, in work) and continued spending my wages on my tattoos until I didn't have wages to spend on them any more. I did not spend my "benefit money" on tattoos. End of. I do still have them, because tattoos are permanent, so even when you're freezing and starving you can't sell them for a bit of cash.


OHH I see....didn't read that bit.

Instead of having tattoos she should have saved and shouldn't have had a child if she can't feed herself. No strong or valid excuse really.


You don't know the ins and outs of Miss Monroe's life, it's not yours or anyone's place to tell her how she should live her life.

If only people like you and those of the Daily Mail attacked who are damaging the planet and our way of life with such tenacity.


I've not "attacked" anyone on this thread. My views are based on reason : rationality.
The conclusion that is obvious to see - Richard Littlejohn conjures and raises valid arguments.


I would not say Mal damages the planet at all. His posts regarding motor transport, fossil fuels and countryside housing suggest he is one of, if not the, biggest carers of the planet on this forum


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Littlejohn Fail
 Post Posted: 02 Nov 2013, 11:49 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 13:26
Posts: 12123
Location: The Death Star.
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 0 time
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Malabus wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
I assume Mal you save your money rather than spending it on ale, cider and Balkan jollies?


If my spending budget can accommodate for that, then yes.


So at the time hers may have accommodated tattoos.


But she obviously got herself in a position in-which she is currently in by spending more than she received. That is called extreme foolishness and Littlejohn correctly points this out.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Littlejohn Fail
 Post Posted: 02 Nov 2013, 12:10 
Offline

Joined: 04 Jun 2012, 15:41
Posts: 260
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Do you honestly believe that we live in a world where absolutely everything that happens to us is as a direct result solely of our own decisions; where there are absolutely no external factors or obstacles to overcome? If so, it seems paradoxical that someone as odious and vile as Littlejohn enjoys success. Therefore, we do not live in such a world. The simple facts: bad things happen to good people sometimes. Good things happen to bad people (sadly more often than the other way round). As this lady points out in her response, the welfare state should be a safety blanket. She has contributed plenty to the welfare state through her employment previously, and needed to rely on it when circumstances conspired against her. Her observation is that it is barely sufficient as it is, and further cuts risk leaving many, many people in poverty. If it is your view that everyone in the position of having to rely on the welfare system is somehow deservedly being punished for something, then I pity you for your worldview.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Littlejohn Fail
 Post Posted: 02 Nov 2013, 12:17 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 20 Oct 2011, 12:45
Posts: 2890
Location: Dawlish
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
TheRaven wrote:
Do you honestly believe that we live in a world where absolutely everything that happens to us is as a direct result solely of our own decisions; where there are absolutely no external factors or obstacles to overcome? If so, it seems paradoxical that someone as odious and vile as Littlejohn enjoys success. Therefore, we do not live in such a world. The simple facts: bad things happen to good people sometimes. Good things happen to bad people (sadly more often than the other way round). As this lady points out in her response, the welfare state should be a safety blanket. She has contributed plenty to the welfare state through her employment previously, and needed to rely on it when circumstances conspired against her. Her observation is that it is barely sufficient as it is, and further cuts risk leaving many, many people in poverty. If it is your view that everyone in the position of having to rely on the welfare system is somehow deservedly being punished for something, then I pity you for your worldview.


Hear hear.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Littlejohn Fail
 Post Posted: 02 Nov 2013, 12:22 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 13:26
Posts: 12123
Location: The Death Star.
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 0 time
TheRaven wrote:
Do you honestly believe that we live in a world where absolutely everything that happens to us is as a direct result solely of our own decisions; where there are absolutely no external factors or obstacles to overcome? If so, it seems paradoxical that someone as odious and vile as Littlejohn enjoys success. Therefore, we do not live in such a world. The simple facts: bad things happen to good people sometimes. Good things happen to bad people (sadly more often than the other way round). As this lady points out in her response, the welfare state should be a safety blanket. She has contributed plenty to the welfare state through her employment previously, and needed to rely on it when circumstances conspired against her. Her observation is that it is barely sufficient as it is, and further cuts risk leaving many, many people in poverty. If it is your view that everyone in the position of having to rely on the welfare system is somehow deservedly being punished for something, then I pity you for your worldview.


Was her producing a child she couldn't afford to feed influenced by "external factors"
I cannot see no fault at all with the issues that Littlejohn raises.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Littlejohn Fail
 Post Posted: 02 Nov 2013, 12:26 
Offline

Joined: 04 Jun 2012, 15:41
Posts: 260
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Really? Do we need to revisit the whole timeline issue again? She could afford it at the time. THEN CIRCUMSTANCES CHANGED.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Littlejohn Fail
 Post Posted: 02 Nov 2013, 12:32 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 13:26
Posts: 12123
Location: The Death Star.
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 0 time
Let me quote Littlejohn

That meant giving up a £27,000-a-year salary in order to live on benefits. Jack says she simply couldn’t make ends meet on her fire brigade income.

Thread closed.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Littlejohn Fail
 Post Posted: 02 Nov 2013, 12:44 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 20 Oct 2011, 12:45
Posts: 2890
Location: Dawlish
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
Malabus wrote:
Let me quote Littlejohn

That meant giving up a £27,000-a-year salary in order to live on benefits. Jack says she simply couldn’t make ends meet on her fire brigade income.

Thread closed.


2. When I returned to work after maternity leave, my relationship broke down, and I found it impossible to cover the irregular night shifts 30 miles from home with any form of childcare. Childminders just don't work all night. Her son's father did and does look after him, but at the time it was impossible to match our work shifts up with friends, family and childcare to cover my working hours. Because he works too. But don't let that ruin your image of a very good man as a feckless waster. I applied for flexible hours under the fire service flexible working policy, I applied for a job share post, I applied for day work roles, other jobs in the fire service closer to home, and was turned down on all counts.

3. I didn't sail out of the door for a life on benefits, I left to find a job closer to home, with better hours more suited to bringing up a young child alone. It took 18 months for me to find that job, and hundreds of applications, but I did it. And that's what sticks in your craw, isn't it? Because in order to satisfy the stereotype that you peddle day in day out in the rag currently lining my ferret cage, I should have stayed feckless and unemployed, and not tried to feed myself and my son decent nutritious meals, nor had the audacity to write about it.

4. I'm sure married men can raise families on £27k. There's a few thousand in the fire service. I wouldn't have had to give up my job if I'd had a wife to look after my child on night shifts either, so your point is null and void. What was I meant to do, take my son to work? (I actually asked …)

5. I'm a "hard-pressed British taxpayer" too. You know that £27k salary I just mentioned? Well I paid tax into the big welfare pot from that salary. The difference between us is that I am glad I live in a country that seeks to look after its citizens with a safety net, imperfect as it is, it's surely better than no support at all.

6. Claiming benefits wasn't a lifestyle choice. See above.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Littlejohn Fail
 Post Posted: 02 Nov 2013, 12:57 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 13:26
Posts: 12123
Location: The Death Star.
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 0 time
The real facts are that she had a great job with a male partner in-which came a child. She then was inflicted with a mental curse and decided she wanted to become a lesbian and after all she got what she desired from the male partner : a child.
Her left wing Bolshevik madness created an idea that she didn't have work with a child; the state is entitled/required to pay for her greed and other many desires, the greed got bigger and bigger and she then decided to look the poor and helpless victim whilst struggling to open a can of tesco value red kidney beans.

Brings a tear to the eyes of the gullible!

Believe I've pissed the highest on this subject, gentleman.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Littlejohn Fail
 Post Posted: 02 Nov 2013, 13:44 
Offline

Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 11:29
Posts: 3215
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Malabus wrote:
The real facts are that she had a great job with a male partner in-which came a child. She then was inflicted with a mental curse and decided she wanted to become a lesbian and after all she got what she desired from the male partner : a child.
Her left wing Bolshevik madness created an idea that she didn't have work with a child; the state is entitled/required to pay for her greed and other many desires, the greed got bigger and bigger and she then decided to look the poor and helpless victim whilst struggling to open a can of tesco value red kidney beans.

Brings a tear to the eyes of the gullible!

Believe I've pissed the highest on this subject, gentleman.


Wow.

I know you like to wind people up Mal but I have to say that your constant references to homosexuality as a mental curse, or some kind of affliction is frankly insulting.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Littlejohn Fail
 Post Posted: 02 Nov 2013, 14:25 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 13:26
Posts: 12123
Location: The Death Star.
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 0 time
Si Robin wrote:
as a mental curse, or some kind of affliction is frankly insulting.


Image


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Littlejohn Fail
 Post Posted: 03 Nov 2013, 23:54 
Offline

Joined: 26 Nov 2009, 13:52
Posts: 74
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Malabus wrote:
Si Robin wrote:
as a mental curse, or some kind of affliction is frankly insulting.


Image


Not sure what your point on that is? Are you saying that people should accept prejudice because that's the way it is? Are you an apathetic extremist or simply a nihilist?

Regarding your earlier point though, you're right in a way though, any characteristic or attribute that a human has is 'mental' in the sense that is founded or routed neurologically. Terming it a curse is simply a matter of perspective.

I bet there are times when maybe even you, Malabus, curse your heterosexuality (I'm assuming you're not openly homosexual, though 'the lady doth protest too much' springs to mind).

Perhaps - and this is mere speculation of course, I really do not know what floats your boat - you have strong temptations towards the elderly?

Perhaps one day, as you're cycling past the old folks home and find yourself inexplicably aroused (yet again), you race home, mind awash with the phrase 'look but don't touch, look but don't touch' and then debase yourself as you scramble through the Saga holiday's catalogue. After that, you might just find you look into the cold, grimy, besmirched mirror of your lonely abode. There you find looking back at you two sad accusing eyes that melt from shame just enough to let a solitary tear trickle down your cheek until that you'll slump down on the spattered linoleum and exclaim, 'Curse my, Malabus', socially mocked form of heterosexuality'.

I'm not actually saying that you, Malabus, have an unhealthy fascination with old women, I'm definitely not saying that you, Malabus have forbidden urges towards the plus seventies, or that you combat those urges via relentless self-satisfaction, I'm not saying any of thosse things. I'm just saying that a hypothetical possible scenario exists.
I mean, I don't have any evidence that you're like that. Then again, as Littlejohn is fond of saying - you couldn't make it up.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Littlejohn Fail
 Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013, 00:15 
Offline

Joined: 23 Dec 2009, 02:56
Posts: 4464
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 3 times
And away we go......


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Littlejohn Fail
 Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013, 00:20 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 13:26
Posts: 12123
Location: The Death Star.
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 0 time
Ralph wrote:
And away we go......


I don't bite on drunken unintelligible rants.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Littlejohn Fail
 Post Posted: 06 Nov 2013, 15:19 
Offline

Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 10:37
Posts: 4628
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 2 times
http://newsthump.com/2013/11/06/compute ... ne-morons/


Top 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
 Page 1 of 1 [ 31 posts ] 




Board index » THE NEST » NON FOOTY/JOKES ETC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: