Its like a luxurious holiday camp in prisons..

WARNING: This section may contain jokes or topics of an offensive nature.
Recommended for over 18's only. Send Admin a PM to request exclusion.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Malabus
Wonder if they get popcorn and a can of pop too!

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/18-rated-films ... ml#klv5wor" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Look what the destruction liberalism has produced. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
80% of prisoners are ill, mentally. Need medical care, not TV or harsh treatment.
Slothar
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:80% of prisoners are ill, mentally. Need medical care, not TV or harsh treatment.
Is that a genuine figure? Seems high to me.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Slothar wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:80% of prisoners are ill, mentally. Need medical care, not TV or harsh treatment.
I don't have a source other than a colleague who wrote their LSE dissertation on prisoner culture and behaviour told me it when we were discussing prison policy earlier in the week. Sounds lame I know can follow up their source.

I recall a Panorama or Dispatches or similar a couple of years back that cited over 75% so it is in the same region as that.
Slothar
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Slothar wrote:
I don't have a source other than a colleague who wrote their LSE dissertation on prisoner culture and behaviour told me it when we were discussing prison policy earlier in the week. Sounds lame I know can follow up their source.

I recall a Panorama or Dispatches or similar a couple of years back that cited over 75% so it is in the same region as that.
Fair enough. I'd be interested to know more about that and what is classed as mental illness for that figure.
I also heard that a significant number (similar, about 80% of inmates) committed the crime they were jailed for while under the influence of, or as a result of a dependency, upon alcohol or narcotics.

Certainly the current system isn't the most cost or result effective way of rehabilitating and preventing re-offending.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I would personally class addiction as a mental illness, so maybe the two stats are related.