another annoying "word"

WARNING: This section may contain jokes or topics of an offensive nature.
Recommended for over 18's only. Send Admin a PM to request exclusion.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Nesty
HASHTAG when used in conversation........

It was Hashtag marvelous darling ....
Shade
Has somebody actually used that in your presence? If so they are a dick.

If they are actually referring to twitter, then it is fine. If they use it in everyday speech, along with people saying "lol", L.O.L or W.T.F., then they are dicks.
Nesty
On TV, some gushy chat show guest.....

I nearly spat my sanatogan out
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I have heard it in conversation.

Usually in an ironic sense in the same essence as 'lol' and 'totes redonk'.

Generally when one knows a response should be due but there really is nothing you can or want to say, and you want something more interesting to say other than 'ah ok' or 'mmhmm'.

The odd thing is, the more geeky the and intellectual the people I know the more they seem to say it - my friend who says hashtag the most is now working at Harvard, via Columbia (NY), LSE and UC Berkley - but equally you know it is even more ironic and satirical when they do it.

When people use it a genuine word due to limited vocabulary or because they think it's cool then I agree it is annoying.
Andy
Wife and I say it a lot. But purely when taking p!## out of things and generically linking it to the twitter frenzy and constant addiction some of our friends / family have with it all the time.

hashtag just posting...
taxidave
Oh dear am I missing something because I haven't got a clue what this thread is all about, what/who/where is "hashtag".
Andy
taxidave wrote:Oh dear am I missing something because I haven't got a clue what this thread is all about, what/who/where is "hashtag".
#

On a UK keyboard it's three keys to the right of the letter L, next to the Enter key.

:)
Andy
taxidave wrote:Oh dear am I missing something because I haven't got a clue what this thread is all about, what/who/where is "hashtag".
or my other response to this question Dave:

If, when we dont attend a match we arent allowed to participate in commenting on the match, why do you feel it necessary to comment on something you are not part of :)
asl
Talking of these new 'words', there was a comment on Radio 5 the other day during a discussion about Mylie Cyrus that made me chuckle: "I always thought 'twerk' was where Yorkshire people go from 9 til 5 each day..."
taxidave
At least I now know where it is but I still have no idea of its significance.
As to why I am commenting on it, I just wish to improve my knowledge as my own little world does not come into contact with any ####/
Andy
Its a way on Twitter of indexing items. If you # (hashtag) a word it links it to other posts that also use the same hashtagged word. So when tweeting about CTFC some people add #ctfc

If you then searched for #ctfc you will see all posts with that hashtag in.

So in short, its a way of index linking words.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
reckon if all @ctfcoffical followers #taxidave at once we can get him trending?
Andy
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:reckon if all @ctfcoffical followers #taxidave at once we can get him trending?
No idea #RCS - I dont use Twitter :)
Malabus
INNIT and BLUD....frigging awful words.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Andy wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:reckon if all @ctfcoffical followers #taxidave at once we can get him trending?
Then how can you possibly comment on this topic! :mrgreen:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Malabus wrote:INNIT and BLUD....frigging awful words.
God yes. Takes me back to my evenings on London Buses..."that is bad innit blud it's bare sick jokes man" and other such nonsense from the 'yoof'.
Andy
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Andy wrote:
Then how can you possibly comment on this topic! :mrgreen:
Because I have used it - just dont any more.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Yes! I used to go to every match. Will have to use that one.
Malabus
Andy wrote:Because I have used it - just dont any more.
If you follow Cheltenham fans you tend to get awful tweets on your timeline. Secret is to follow interesting and knowledgeable people that don't tell you what they are eating or that they cannot sleep.
Andy
Malabus wrote:
Andy wrote:Because I have used it - just dont any more.
If you follow Cheltenham fans you tend to get awful tweets on your timeline. Secret is to follow interesting and knowledgeable people that don't tell you what they are eating or that they cannot sleep.
or to avoid that completely...dont log in :)
baggy89
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:I have heard it in conversation.

Generally when one knows a response should be due but there really is nothing you can or want to say, and you want something more interesting to say other than 'ah ok' or 'mmhmm'.

The odd thing is, the more geeky the and intellectual the people I know the more they seem to say it - my friend who says hashtag the most is now working at Harvard, via Columbia (NY), LSE and UC Berkley - but equally you know it is even more ironic and satirical when they do it.

When people use it a genuine word due to limited vocabulary or because they think it's cool then I agree it is annoying.
No, it is merely an attempt to appear ironic, in order to cover for their social ineptitude.
Shade
baggy89 wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:I have heard it in conversation.

No, it is merely an attempt to appear ironic, in order to cover for their social ineptitude.
B I N G O
VeraLickleklubsBack
Some kind of Scottish food (see another thread). :o