More food industry sleaziness

WARNING: This section may contain jokes or topics of an offensive nature.
Recommended for over 18's only. Send Admin a PM to request exclusion.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Supermarket chicken breast is not what it seems:

"Frozen chicken breasts on sale in leading supermarkets are being pumped up with water and additives that make up nearly a fifth of the meat to the point where consumers are paying about 65p a kilo for water, the Guardian can reveal.

The legality of the industrial process, in which cheap imported chicken is "tumbled" in cement mixer-like machines, has also been called into question, but the products are available in discount ranges sold in high street retailers."

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/d ... asts-water" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Why are multi-national firms still allowed to make massive profits by ruining our food - eating is one the most basic and natural human activities and is essential for life but no one seems to care what people are given to eat?
Malabus
Are we really surprised. Human money worship comes first....
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I agree Mal. Just wish people would wake-up.
ctfc-fan
It's been known for years that meat is full of water and other ingredients, not a new thing.
Malabus
Best thing to do is to use some intelligence (in which we have been granted with) and love animals and not to take an axe to their throats. What kind of Earthlings have will become IF we butcher other Earthlings to maintain our temporary bodies.
Daveangel
Malabus wrote:Best thing to do is to use some intelligence (in which we have been granted with) and love animals and not to take an axe to their throats. What kind of Earthlings have will become IF we butcher other Earthlings to maintain our temporary bodies.
Indeed, what have we become. We need to take a leaf out of the book of those cavemen, and eat lentils and beans.

In other news, my rare roast beef dinner was absolutely smashing.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Nothing wrong with roast beef. Very nice and tasty to eat. It's the industrial farming and food manufacturing industry which is the problem which is why I rarely eat meat unless I know the farm.