Sky tv

WARNING: This section may contain jokes or topics of an offensive nature.
Recommended for over 18's only. Send Admin a PM to request exclusion.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

taxidave
I had a cold call the other day, when I was not in, from a Sky tv rep. who informed my wife that Branson had sold his shares in Virgin Media to Sky and that it would now be cheaper for me to get my programmes from Sky. I have not heard any reports of Branson selling up, surely it would be big news if he had, so do I believe this man or was my wife just getting things mixed up (as usual !) and was he telling the truth about Sky being cheaper.
asl
Virgin Media is owned by Liberty Global and Sir Richard now owns a mere 2 or 3% in it. Even if it's true and he really has sold his remaining stake (to Murdoch?? I somewhat doubt it!), I doubt very much such a deal would be the catalyst of any consumer price changes. Sounds like a nonsense phishing call, to me.

Liberty Global, incidently, is rumoured to be a potential M&A target for Vodafone once it finalises the disposal of Verizon Wireless in the early part of next year, as VF are desperate to be firmly established in the fixed-line business in Europe (hence the purchase of Cable & Wireless Worldwide and Kabel Deutscheland and an Italian provider who's name escapes me.) Even stronger rumours suggest that VF, itself, could be a viable target for AT&T who have made no secret of their desire to buy into the weak European market while the price might be good.
Shade
Depends what you want from either, I'm sure there are usually deals on that make one of them cheaper than the other in one respect or another. Incidentally, Sky are running a deal until Monday to get £100 credit on your first bill... http://www.sky.com/shop?panel=1&DCMP=ba ... ue&dfaid=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Honestly, I don't understand it, as it's only for the first bill and doesn't include phone or broadband or customised TV packages...so how the hell you'd get £100 credit for one month I don't know, as their most expensive TV package, with phone and broadband, is about £90 a month.