Heathrow third runway.

WARNING: This section may contain jokes or topics of an offensive nature.
Recommended for over 18's only. Send Admin a PM to request exclusion.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Stop this endless debate and media coverage and just build the bloody thing as soon as possible.
ctfc-fan
Yup. Just knock some bloody houses down and sort it out!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Heathrow will be pay them more compensation now than they'll be able to sell their houses for once it's built so might as well get the bulldozer out sooner rather than later.
Malabus
People won't be happy until every last piece of greenness is concrete in an act of piety to the money God (Greed and Destruction).
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
About 80% of uk is greenspace. Gatwick would also be fine
ctfc-fan
Malabus wrote:People won't be happy until every last piece of greenness is concrete in an act of piety to the money God (Greed and Destruction).
Have you flown internally recently and see just how much space our country still has?
Malabus
ctfc-fan wrote:
Malabus wrote:People won't be happy until every last piece of greenness is concrete in an act of piety to the money God (Greed and Destruction).
Have you flown internally recently and see just how much space our country still has?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Stop this endless debate and media coverage and just build the bloody thing as soon as possible.
Stop being a b#!#%#d...and grow a brain.
ctfc-fan
You weren't known years ago as Swampy were you? I bet you're on benefits and sit in trees all day stinking where you haven't washed...
Shade
The Amazon rainforest still has a few million square kilometres left, so we should be ok to bulldoze a sh*tload more of it, eh.

I don't actually give a monkeys either way about Heathrow, but saying that it should be built because there is space is a poor argument. Just ask the Fonz.
ctfc-fan
Shade wrote:The Amazon rainforest still has a few million square kilometres left, so we should be ok to bulldoze a sh*tload more of it, eh.

I don't actually give a monkeys either way about Heathrow, but saying that it should be built because there is space is a poor argument. Just ask the Fonz.
Don't spoil our fun! Let's all pick on Mal!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:The Amazon rainforest still has a few million square kilometres left, so we should be ok to bulldoze a sh*tload more of it, eh.

No one said it should be built because there is space. That was only mentioned in reply to Mal.
Daveangel
I think it should be built because there is space, whether it is required or not.

Possibly two.
C.V
Better still develope Staverton into a major airport think of all the employment it would bring to the area + all the buiness it would bring.It would make Gloucestershire a major area for investment.it would bring Billions to the area
C.V
C.V wrote:Better still develope Staverton into a major airport think of all the employment it would bring to the area + all the buiness it would bring.It would make Gloucestershire a major area for investment.it would bring Billions to the area

Also a big plus point the motorway access traffic wouldnt impact to much into the area
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
C.V wrote:
C.V wrote:Better still develope Staverton into a major airport think of all the employment it would bring to the area + all the buiness it would bring.It would make Gloucestershire a major area for investment.it would bring Billions to the area

Also a big plus point the motorway access traffic wouldnt impact to much into the area
Very true CV. I have always been in favour of Staverton expansion - they have wanted to extend the runway for a while to take bigger aircraft and one of the domestic carriers was interested in providing funding a few years ago. Trying to get anything done is tough due to the complex ownership structure and general reluctance of locals.
Si Robin
Having lived, and gone to school, on the flight path of Staverton Airport I can safely say larger planes would be bloody annoying.

I'd hate to live on the flight path of a major airport.
C.V
Classic NIMBY comment that Si it would bring employment oppurtunities to many people even for the next generation.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
C.V wrote:Classic NIMBY comment that Si it would bring employment oppurtunities to many people even for the next generation.
Including those living by the airport and being awarded compensation for doing so.
Si Robin
Should point out that I don't live there anymore. I wouldn't protest either, far too much like hard work that.
ctfc-fan
I would love to see Staverton expand, but the runway wasn't extended, the safety run off was. The fact Staverton was there long before a lot of Cheltenham, Gloucester and Churchdown is lost on a lot of people also.

Maybe Mal is actually that Lister guy who apparently cycled down to the airport often to complain against it? Bloody hippies!