All Mals whining about cyclists and cars..

WARNING: This section may contain jokes or topics of an offensive nature.
Recommended for over 18's only. Send Admin a PM to request exclusion.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Ralph
the guy on this bike deserves a slap.. he's the aggressor http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -rage.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Malabus
All drivers are inconsiderate w@nkers and cyclists have to put up with their behaviour on a daily basis. I get sick and tired of the idiots trying to murder me.
Ralph
did you watch the video and see the terrible aggression of the cyclist at the start and then pursuing the car to the next lights
Malabus
Ralph wrote:did you watch the video and see the terrible aggression of the cyclist at the start and then pursuing the car to the next lights
Good on the cyclist. Hope he'll press charges against this menace motorist and if justice prevails see the Audi driver imprisoned and brutally tickled by the other inmates.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ralph wrote:did you watch the video and see the terrible aggression of the cyclist at the start and then pursuing the car to the next lights
No one has said you don't get aggressors or idiots on bikes, same as you do with any mode of transport.

In fifteen minutes driving yesterday I saw several cars speeding, one driver on a mobile and several people not knowing how to use an indicator. And it was not very busy.

Also saw about five people on bikes. One was on a pavement and the others were well lit and cycling sensibly. I did almost have a head on collision with an oncoming car who overtook a cyclist when it was not safe or appropriate to do so - I had to break and swerve and it was quite unnerving. Dangerous and thoughtless from the other driver which could have had severe consequences

Unfortunately, I do see more bad and illegal driving than cycling because there are vastly more cars on the road. And ultimately, if a cyclist is dangerous it is their own life most at risk, whereas any lawbreakers in a two ton metal machine travelling at speed are a risk to the lives of others, which I consider to be worse.

I am tempted to put a dash board camera in my car such is the scale of bad or illegal driving. At least some video evidence may get some points on licences and people banned from driving.
Piro Teknix
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:I am tempted to put a dash board camera in my car such is the scale of bad or illegal driving. At least some video evidence may get some points on licences and people banned from driving.
Snitch !!! :( :(
Daveangel
Malabus wrote:All drivers are inconsiderate w@nkers and cyclists have to put up with their behaviour on a daily basis. I get sick and tired of the idiots trying to murder me.
Genuine question. If you had any friends to go cycling with, would you ride two abreast, causing a long tailback on Shurdington Rd? They didn't even get out of the way when a paramedic car with it's siren going was trying to get past (they were wearing headphones, pink to go with their Lycra suits).

That's not very public spirited.
Malabus
Daveangel wrote:
Malabus wrote:All drivers are inconsiderate w@nkers and cyclists have to put up with their behaviour on a daily basis. I get sick and tired of the idiots trying to murder me.
Genuine question. If you had any friends to go cycling with, would you ride two abreast, causing a long tailback on Shurdington Rd? They didn't even get out of the way when a paramedic car with it's siren going was trying to get past (they were wearing headphones, pink to go with their Lycra suits).

That's not very public spirited.
No I would not feel safe riding two abreast and its a nuisance for others.
Daveangel
Fair play. How anyone is brave enough to cycle (motor or push) down Shilurdington Rd I don't know. Some of the pot holes shake me to the bone in a 3.5 tonne van.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Daveangel wrote:Fair play. How anyone is brave enough to cycle (motor or push) down Shilurdington Rd I don't know. Some of the pot holes shake me to the bone in a 3.5 tonne van.
God knows, but it does indicate it's a desire line for journeys and that the Shurdington Rd is the best option. The sensible answer would be to build a safe alternative route for non-motorists.