100% behind the Prince of Wales comments.

WARNING: This section may contain jokes or topics of an offensive nature.
Recommended for over 18's only. Send Admin a PM to request exclusion.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Malabus
On climate change deniers.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... ckens.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Joey
Scrap the monarchy and designate their funds to curbing climate change.
Malabus
Joey wrote:Scrap the monarchy and designate their funds to curbing climate change.
We would lose trillions in tourism. Americans and Oriental Asians will not come if there isn't a Royal Disneyland in-which they are obsessed with.
Si Robin
Even less pollution from air travel then Mal. Win-win.
Ralph
Joey wrote:Scrap the monarchy .
Crazy....
baggy89
As opposed to, in this case at least; "Climate change believers are inbred simpletons"

Wonder what carbon footprint the classic aston, countless Range Rovers, pointless jollies in 1st class on BA flights round the world, etc leave?
Joey
Ralph wrote:
Crazy....
You cannot live in a proper democracy with a unelected head of state. The ruling elite of the country starts at the royal family, we cannot expect to free of the class system and live in an equal society while they exist. Once the celebrity culture that currently plagues our society ends, maybe people will realise that our culture, money and power should not lay in the hands of a dictatorial monarchy.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ralph wrote:
Crazy....
I thought you lot fought a war to escape the monarchy? Do you run a one-man protest on July 4th?
Ralph
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Ralph wrote:
Crazy....
I thought you lot fought a war to escape the monarchy? Do you run a one-man protest on July 4th?
I'm English :roll:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ralph wrote:
Apologies - the amount you go on about how society and the economy and policy is better in the US I thought you'd turned American at heart.

Your neighbours over there moan about paying taxes for roads and healthcare, and you expect us over here to pay taxes for the Royal Family land and property upkeep?

The Queen is one thing, but when the 40th in line to the throne are still living in tax-payer funded country estates it is a bit much.
Ralph
Ralph wrote:
Apologies - the amount you go on about how society and the economy and policy is better in the US I thought you'd turned American at heart.

Your neighbours over there moan about paying taxes for roads and healthcare, and you expect us over here to pay taxes for the Royal Family land and property upkeep?

The Queen is one thing, but when the 40th in line to the throne are still living in tax-payer funded country estates it is a bit much.
if you say so...
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
My taxes and yes I do say that there are far too many hangers-on in the wider Royal Family living off my taxes.

Queen and the big-guns do bring in a lot of tourism revenue etc, but I doubt the Earl of Nobody walking his dogs round his subsidised land in Lincolnshire is on the Japanese tour-bus route.

Talk about benefits street - vast swathes of the UK are benefits fields.

If you disagree please state why and provide some sort of evidence like an adult.
Ralph
If you disagree please state why and provide some sort of evidence like an adult.
I have zero interest in increasing your post count still further by discussing anything with you.. You took the first shot and i'm not biting
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Nothing to do with post count - just trying to see if you can make a sensible point to back up a statement. Which it appears you cannot.