Truly a feather in our cap.

WARNING: This section may contain jokes or topics of an offensive nature.
Recommended for over 18's only. Send Admin a PM to request exclusion.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Daveangel
Makes me so damn proud!

http://www.gloucestercitizen.co.uk/ve-r ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(Before one of you gits found it :) )
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
It's because in Cheltenham and Chelsea the residents appreciate quality items so buy them and keep them. In Gloucester people are more interested in Primark tracksuits and commercial-tat so the excess finer more cultured items are discarded in waste bins.
Daveangel
I can't imagine the bloody loon finds many "Cultured Items" to be fair. I suspect he's over the moon with broken chair leg and a half eaten BigMac!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Daveangel wrote:I can't imagine the bloody loon finds many "Cultured Items" to be fair. I suspect he's over the moon with broken chair leg and a half eaten BigMac!
Haha very true.
Malabus
Russell Brand let himself go.
Joey
Gloucester Foodbank gave food parcels to 4,500 people in the last year.

Depressing.
taxidave
Joey wrote:Gloucester Foodbank gave food parcels to 4,500 people in the last year.

Depressing.
Why spend benefits on food when you can get it for nothing and then have all that additional cash for booze and drugs. :shock: :shock:
Joey
taxidave wrote:
Joey wrote:Gloucester Foodbank gave food parcels to 4,500 people in the last year.

Depressing.
Why spend benefits on food when you can get it for nothing and then have all that additional cash for booze and drugs. :shock: :shock:
:|

Really Dave?
Malabus
taxidave wrote: Why spend benefits on food when you can get it for nothing and then have all that additional cash for booze and drugs. :shock: :shock:
Too true....the 70" televisions need paying for too.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
taxidave wrote:

Depressing.
For 5% of claimants. What about the other 95%?
Malabus
Dead Kennedy's
taxidave
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
taxidave wrote:

Depressing.
For 5% of claimants. What about the other 95%?
I presume you can back up those figures.
Joey
To claim from a food bank you need to be given a ticket by the authorities, you simply do not turn up and claim food.
taxidave
Joey wrote:To claim from a food bank you need to be given a ticket by the authorities, you simply do not turn up and claim food.
And these can be bought quite cheaply in most pubs in Gloucester, you really are quite gullible Joey if you think there are not ways around the system.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I do not have figures to back them up it was a figure of speech to indicate that once again you generalise hundreds of thousands of people based on prejudice. The same prejudice that generalises that 'most' benefit claimants are pulling our legs and pulling our system when in fact only around 2% of benefit payments are deemed to be fraudulent according to the DWP: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -estimates" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The data on who uses foodbanks and how much income they have and what they spend it on is unavailable obviously, and although my 5% remark was glib, it is still greater than the 2% for benefit fraud and it's not beyond the realms of intuition the two may be similar. Equally I am fully aware how easy it is to play the system - I didn't even know there was a system to be played and thought anyone could use a foodbank that could be bothered to ask how to use one.

Personally, when I see 100+ loaves of bread being dumped into yellow bin bags in Sainsbury's before closing time I'd like nothing more than for them to be given away to people to eat rather than wasted and thrown away.

The incredible amounts of food waste is probably the thing I detest most about our social system and I don't care if people buy a big TV then spend hours queuing up being looked down on to get bread that would otherwise be incinerated or buried - fair play to them.
Joey
taxidave wrote:
Joey wrote:To claim from a food bank you need to be given a ticket by the authorities, you simply do not turn up and claim food.
And these can be bought quite cheaply in most pubs in Gloucester, you really are quite gullible Joey if you think there are not ways around the system.
I'm not even going to bother trying to respond to this. It seems nothing will get past the great cynicism and negative outlook on life you hold.