Farrage rinses Clegg

WARNING: This section may contain jokes or topics of an offensive nature.
Recommended for over 18's only. Send Admin a PM to request exclusion.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Polls show 69% in favour of Nigel Farrage as he destroys Nick Clegg in the debate tonight

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... ond-debate" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Having watched the debate with my own opinion on the matter I don't necessarily agree with Farrage but it was clear he won the debate.
Malabus
Good old Nige.
Joey
There was once a man before the last election who was rinsing his opponents in the TV debates. His name is Nick Clegg and he is now one of the most unpopular men in British politics. Farage 'won' simply because he had a bit of passion behind him, Clegg came across as too sensible and now everyone in the country is sceptical towards him.

Farage is a fanatic, last night there was too many "simple truths" that weren't so true. Played the fear card too often and has a mindset that we still rule the waves. UKIP are a dangerous party, behind Farage are plenty of unpleasant individuals who nobody knows of because UKIP is a one-Farage band. If such a party are to come to power and if we are to leave the EU, I'll be on the first plane to Munich as this country will be dead in the water.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I don't disagree Joey. Regarding the debate and simple truths some were obviously playing on fear - "need to build a house every seven minutes" with no timeframe. But Clegg did not help himself saying how only 7% of our laws are made in Brussels when Farrage, quoting from the same document said it was over 60% - Clegg did nothing to explain what the difference was. Fact check this morning proves both incorrect.
Joey
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:I don't disagree Joey. Regarding the debate and simple truths some were obviously playing on fear - "need to build a house every seven minutes" with no timeframe. But Clegg did not help himself saying how only 7% of our laws are made in Brussels when Farrage, quoting from the same document said it was over 60% - Clegg did nothing to explain what the difference was. Fact check this morning proves both incorrect.
53% of regulations come from the EU.

https://fullfact.org/europe/eu_make_uk_law-29587" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Both will be be two people who could've done more (especially Clegg) in 10 years time.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Joey wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:I don't disagree Joey. Regarding the debate and simple truths some were obviously playing on fear - "need to build a house every seven minutes" with no timeframe. But Clegg did not help himself saying how only 7% of our laws are made in Brussels when Farrage, quoting from the same document said it was over 60% - Clegg did nothing to explain what the difference was. Fact check this morning proves both incorrect.
53% of regulations come from the EU.

https://fullfact.org/europe/eu_make_uk_law-29587" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Both will be be two people who could've done more (especially Clegg) in 10 years time.
BBC fact-check said 14%, with the caveat that it's basically impossible to tell.

53% is too high and that has actually swayed my opinion towards a referendum if correct.

Clegg certainly could have done more - he should have thought of that in 2010. Although, destroying your own party is quite a big feat.

Just a shame the likes of Vince Cable are wasted as they will always be associated with the scabs now, when Cable himself s probably the best qualified and best policy-making major politician we have.

A real dilemma for the tactical voters of Cheltenham next year. Apart from one or two Labour die-hards in my family, we have always voted Lib Dem just to keep the Cons out - but that will not be comfortable thing to be doing after Clegg's sell-out and Alexander's neo-con glee.
Joey
Your last sentence is why we need the alternate-vote, I am in a similar situation to you where the Conservative will always win the Cotswolds seat. Cameron launched his "This NHS baby doesn't need AV" campaign and the entire thing flopped. I will never vote for the Liberal Democrats, Conservative party even though my vote will essentially count for nothing at least I'll have some dignity.

I agree with you on Vince Cable and the rest of the LDs, one day you'll seem them on Question Time actually talking sense and the next speaking the Tory script on BBC news. This was proved today when Tim Farron said they'd show opposition to the bedroom tax in the vote today, as we all saw....they didn't.

It is depressing to watch the UKIP snake increase it's grip on this country. It's laughable they're being considered for the television debates when they have no MPs and control no councils. I'd be more open to the idea if perhaps Respect and the Greens were invited as they actually have MPs.