Bo Jo

WARNING: This section may contain jokes or topics of an offensive nature.
Recommended for over 18's only. Send Admin a PM to request exclusion.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

asl
Does anyone else think Boris is taking a massive risk with his political career over the referendum? While Cameron would probably survive a Leave vote (at least to see out his term), I'm not convinced that even bulletproof Boris would survive a Remain - let alone ever get the top job. Is he taking an enormous gamble with this?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
asl wrote:Does anyone else think Boris is taking a massive risk with his political career over the referendum? While Cameron would probably survive a Leave vote (at least to see out his term), I'm not convinced that even bulletproof Boris would survive a Remain - let alone ever get the top job. Is he taking an enormous gamble with this?
He'll have a career as back bench MP, after dinner speaker, columnist and TV commentator so doubt he'll be too bothered.
confused.com
asl wrote:Does anyone else think Boris is taking a massive risk with his political career over the referendum? While Cameron would probably survive a Leave vote (at least to see out his term), I'm not convinced that even bulletproof Boris would survive a Remain - let alone ever get the top job. Is he taking an enormous gamble with this?
For it to impact Boris terminally, the Leave % would have to be emphatic. For anything less than about a 10% gap, it could be argued, that even with the power of the government control of civil service , spin doctors etc. They are still left with a very significant number of people who no longer have any faith in them