Cameron successor...

WARNING: This section may contain jokes or topics of an offensive nature.
Recommended for over 18's only. Send Admin a PM to request exclusion.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Circa 1887
Agree with Red Duke. You elect the party, not the person. People get too obsessed with the cult of personality.
asl
Yep, me too: the only time I didn't follow my political beliefs was that year Cheltenham's Tory candidate was John Taylor who played the race card and thoroughly wound me up. Pretty much called his potential-constituents racist, iirc. I thought bugger that and decided I didn't want to be represented by someone who intended to continue living in Birmingham.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Circa 1887 wrote:Agree with Red Duke. You elect the party, not the person. People get too obsessed with the cult of personality.
True for a leader, yes, so I take back my last comment.

However for an MP who is elected to represent an area the individual is important. If Alex Chalk stepped down and the party put in place someone who said they would campaign to build on Glos greenbelt then that would be a point in case.
Malabus
Leadsom attackers must exam their conscience.
Theresa May will be a total disaster. 40% of tories will defect to UKIP whilst Sadiq Khan and Thresa May Islamify London into a non Christian city with Sharia courts.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07 ... rea-leads/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Red Duke
Malabus wrote:Leadsom attackers must exam their conscience.
Theresa May will be a total disaster. 40% of tories will defect to UKIP whilst Sadiq Khan and Thresa May Islamify London into a non Christian city with Sharia courts.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07 ... rea-leads/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Your link shows nothing about islamifying London into a non Christian city with Sharia courts. Please provide the link to back up your statement.
Malabus
Red Duke wrote:

Your link shows nothing about islamifying London into a non Christian city with Sharia courts. Please provide the link to back up your statement.
It's my personal view and I'm never wrong.

Theresa May, a proven Remainiac, who as Home Secretary never once called Cameron out on his blatant fib regarding getting net migration "down to the tens of thousands", and who remained in hiding throughout the referendum campaign. Wouldn't trust the woman at all, asked our hard working police persons.
Red Duke
Malabus wrote:
Red Duke wrote:

It's my personal view and I'm never wrong.

Theresa May, a proven Remainiac, who as Home Secretary never once called Cameron out on his blatant fib regarding getting net migration "down to the tens of thousands", and who remained in hiding throughout the referendum campaign. Wouldn't trust the woman at all, asked our hard working police persons.
As it is your personal view, why provide a link below your text to something that doesn't support your argument?

Also you obviously don't understand cabinet government. Even if you disagree something, you make your point in cabinet but if the consensus is to do something different, then it is part of your responsibility of being in Cabinet is to implement it.

If can't do that, then you do what Michael Heseltine did over Westland Helicopters and you walk away.
confused.com
My view on May and remain is this. She was being touted as a Brexit vote until very late in the day when she came out as remain. I am presuming out of some sense of loyalty, because as you say, she was obvious by her absence in all things connected with the remain campaign. Hence her being able to get support fro MP's who vocally backed Brexit .
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Indeed, a reluctant Remainer. As we all (should) know she has previous said UK should leave the ECHR, after all.