Cameron successor...

WARNING: This section may contain jokes or topics of an offensive nature.
Recommended for over 18's only. Send Admin a PM to request exclusion.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Malabus
He will be gone by the weekend and so will the idiot Osbourne.

Boris for Prime Minister?

#VoteLeave show Merkel and Jean-Claude Juncker who insulted this country saying that we will be neglected when our forefathers fought two world wars to free Europe.

We are Great Britain we created the modern world.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
We did create it, so vote remain to stay part of it.
Malabus
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:We did create it, so vote remain to stay part of it.
With no control of laws;immigration and trade.

It's not rocket science, RCS.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Malabus wrote:

Not rocket science but it is a lot more complicated than the generalisations, untruths and simplified soundbites you spam us with on here.
Malabus
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Malabus wrote:

Not rocket science but it is a lot more complicated than the generalisations, untruths and simplified soundbites you spam us with on here.
I believe you will #VoteLeave as you come across as an intelligent person.
asl
Malabus wrote:I believe you will #VoteLeave as you come across as an intelligent person.
Coincidentally, I think you will vote Leave as you come across as a complete tit...
Malabus
asl wrote:
Malabus wrote:I believe you will #VoteLeave as you come across as an intelligent person.
Coincidentally, I think you will vote Leave as you come across as a complete tit...
Reported.
Ralph
Malabus wrote:
asl wrote:
Reported.
You can't even do that right :lol:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
asl wrote:
It would have helped then if you and Leave made intelligent arguments.

Generally intelligent people will pay more attention to leading economic, science, and social science experts than they will to people peddling scare story lies about foreigners.

This is not a vote on the EU for me anymore. It is a vote on whether you support campaigns of division and hate or not. If you don't and want Britain to be a symbol of decency and humanity then vote with your conscience.
confused.com
asl wrote:
It would have helped then if you and Leave made intelligent arguments.

Generally intelligent people will pay more attention to leading economic, science, and social science experts than they will to people peddling scare story lies about foreigners.

This is not a vote on the EU for me anymore. It is a vote on whether you support campaigns of division and hate or not. If you don't and want Britain to be a symbol of decency and humanity then vote with your conscience.
You should be better than that !
Way to simplistic and so wide of the mark to stain everyone who may want to vote leave as being racist or hate filled. That is almost and unworthy of comment as a UKIP poster. Just as you have selected decency and humanity as your reason to vote to remain, many others have very valid reasons as to why they may want to leave a failed state, which by its own admission has done as much negotiations on reform as it us going to do.

Would I invest in a company that has a failed financial plan , but sticks by it - no
Would I invest in a company that refuses to be audited - no
Would I invest in a company that has never had it's accounts signed off - no
Would I care one jot if the leadership of the said company was white, black , arab, or even English :) - no

I like to know where my hard earned money goes - I vote for those I want to spend it.
I want to have a government who stands for Humanity and decency and puts this into action with a robust foreign aid programme - I will vote for them
I want to have a Government who will allow the immigration of any race or creed that can add to our economy in a sensible manner - I will vote for them

But filled with hate for anyone, I am not. Have lived through enough hate in my life without wanting anyone else to go through it
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
confused.com wrote:
Way to simplistic and so wide of the mark to stain everyone who may want to vote leave as being racist or hate filled. That is almost and unworthy of comment as a UKIP poster. Just as you have selected decency and humanity as your reason to vote to remain, many others have very valid reasons as to why they may want to leave a failed state, which by its own admission has done as much negotiations on reform as it us going to do.

Would I invest in a company that has a failed financial plan , but sticks by it - no
Would I care one jot if the leadership of the said company was white, black , arab, or even English :) - no

I like to know where my hard earned money goes - I vote for those I want to spend it.
I want to have a government who stands for Humanity and decency and puts this into action with a robust foreign aid programme - I will vote for them
I want to have a Government who will allow the immigration of any race or creed that can add to our economy in a sensible manner - I will vote for them

But filled with hate for anyone, I am not. Have lived through enough hate in my life without wanting anyone else to go through it
I am not meaning to stain everyone with that brush, certainly not you Confused as one of the few people I have seen make proper thought through arguments for leaving many of which I agree with.

My point was simply that, with the UKIP immigration-phobia discourse dominating the debate I will vote for whatever it takes to deny that argument victory. Same way I have always been a fan of Zac Goldsmith and wanted him to win the Mayoral election, until his campaign turned vile when I was glad he lost. The EU can and will have to change. I'd happily save that for the future if it means stamping out divisive and nasty politics in the present.

If the debate the last few weeks was more factual, intellectual with none of the division then as I was a few weeks ago I may have continued leaning towards leave. Unfortunately the Leave campaign completely alienated me. I hope Farrage, Gove and Johnson retire tomorrow after dragging our democracy into the squalid gutter. If anyone can do better, it is Britain's politicians and public.
Shade
But you're not voting for UKIP/Farage/whoever now. Surely the time to make a stand about them would be at the next General Election? Isn't that potentially cutting off your nose to spite your face? Or, even, cutting off your nose because it's got a spot on it?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:But you're not voting for UKIP/Farage/whoever now. Surely the time to make a stand about them would be at the next General Election? Isn't that potentially cutting off your nose to spite your face? Or, even, cutting off your nose because it's got a spot on it?
No. The whole leave campaign has been unsavoury. If it succeeds then divisive and nasty politics will only get worse. I hope an end is put to it tonight.
confused.com
confused.com wrote:

I am not meaning to stain everyone with that brush, certainly not you Confused as one of the few people I have seen make proper thought through arguments for leaving many of which I agree with.

My point was simply that, with the UKIP immigration-phobia discourse dominating the debate I will vote for whatever it takes to deny that argument victory. Same way I have always been a fan of Zac Goldsmith and wanted him to win the Mayoral election, until his campaign turned vile when I was glad he lost. The EU can and will have to change. I'd happily save that for the future if it means stamping out divisive and nasty politics in the present.

If the debate the last few weeks was more factual, intellectual with none of the division then as I was a few weeks ago I may have continued leaning towards leave. Unfortunately the Leave campaign completely alienated me. I hope Farrage, Gove and Johnson retire tomorrow after dragging our democracy into the squalid gutter. If anyone can do better, it is Britain's politicians and public.
Your logic should then have you voting leave ?
A leave vote will see Farage and his like redundant and then you have the democratic right to vote in whichever philanthropic government you wish to ?

Voting to remain, especially if by a small margin, does not move us any further. Actually will probably embolden UKIP, as with every more from the EU machine, they will be able to say ..... I told you so. Much like SNP.
It would be a foolish man who does not give thought to the belief, that a remain vote will be seen as a green light to the EU to start clawing back some of our rebate etc. Like we are constantly being told, there is no going back and that works both ways.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
confused.com wrote:
confused.com wrote:

Your logic should then have you voting leave ?
A leave vote will see Farage and his like redundant and then you have the democratic right to vote in whichever philanthropic government you wish to ?

Voting to remain, especially if by a small margin, does not move us any further. Actually will probably embolden UKIP, as with every more from the EU machine, they will be able to say ..... I told you so. Much like SNP.
It would be a foolish man who does not give thought to the belief, that a remain vote will be seen as a green light to the EU to start clawing back some of our rebate etc. Like we are constantly being told, there is no going back and that works both ways.
Bring it on.
Malabus
Nigel Farage must be in the BREXIT team to negotiate a smooth and fair exit from the monster EU.
Jean-Claude Juncker and his other unelected cronies will make extremely hard for us, make a example of us to warn and frighten other EU nations.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I thought we had enough of unelected law makers: why would you want to have another one?
Malabus
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:I thought we had enough of unelected law makers: why would you want to have another one?
Elected MEP that enough for me.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Malabus wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:I thought we had enough of unelected law makers: why would you want to have another one?
Elected MEP that enough for me.
Did not know you held the EU Parliament in such high regard.
asl
Not sure I agree with all of this, but:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... =624025626" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Certainly interesting times asl. Could be many months yet until we know when Article 50 will be triggered.
confused.com
Malabus wrote:Nigel Farage must be in the BREXIT team to negotiate a smooth and fair exit from the monster EU.
Jean-Claude Juncker and his other unelected cronies will make extremely hard for us, make a example of us to warn and frighten other EU nations.
Hopefully not. We need some heavy weights in there who will command respect and I don't think Nigel ticks either of those boxes. Would be as useful as bringing Eddie in his / her pink beret (btw would like to congratulate him on bringing out the leave vote in such large numbers by his display on question time)

The War is over now for the peace treaty. As with all peace treaties, the thing to avoid is imposing unacceptable harshness on either side.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
confused.com wrote:
Malabus wrote:Nigel Farage must be in the BREXIT team to negotiate a smooth and fair exit from the monster EU.
Hopefully not. We need some heavy weights in there who will command respect and I don't think Nigel ticks either of those boxes. Would be as useful as bringing Eddie in his / her pink beret (btw would like to congratulate him on bringing out the leave vote in such large numbers by his display on question time)

The War is over now for the peace treaty. As with all peace treaties, the thing to avoid is imposing unacceptable harshness on either side.
Indeed. We all* know what happened in the aftermath of the Treaty of Versailles.

(*anyone who doesn't should be on the 'too unknowledgeable to vote list')
confused.com
confused.com wrote:

Indeed. We all* know what happened in the aftermath of the Treaty of Versailles.

(*anyone who doesn't should be on the 'too unknowledgeable to vote list')

aware that it is totally undemocratic, buy always thought there should be an IQ level to gain a vote :lol:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
confused.com wrote:

aware that it is totally undemocratic, buy always thought there should be an IQ level to gain a vote :lol:
Makes sense in a way. How can people with no knowledge what they are voting about be expected to make the best decision. Not saying that is the case in the EURef, just in general.
confused.com
indeed ! why should some oik who wears his best tracksuit to court have as much say as to the country's future as someone with decent education?
Makes no sense at all.

Would also rule out the 'right on', 'cool' brigade. Best let them stay in the mud at Glastonbury, where they can idolise some twat who thinks because he can play a musical instrument, that it gives him / her a better insight into the worlds problems
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
confused.com wrote:indeed ! why should some oik who wears his best tracksuit to court have as much say as to the country's future as someone with decent education?
Makes no sense at all.

Would also rule out the 'right on', 'cool' brigade. Best let them stay in the mud at Glastonbury, where they can idolise some twat who thinks because he can play a musical instrument, that it gives him / her a better insight into the worlds problems
Unless of course such people are very knowledgeable and informed in current affairs and socio-economic policy.

Hence the test.
confused.com
True, the IQ test and musical ability are not mutually exclusive.

I read yesterday about some band lead singer who was asked about his views on the vote. He said he felt betrayed and devastated. He heard the news just as he had landed in Paris and was worried as he did not know if he should join the EU or non EU queue at passport control .......... enough said
Malabus
I'm going for Michael Gove.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Fox eliminated thankfully. And Crabb walks.
confused.com
on which park bench did Sky news find Ken Clarke ?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
May it is then!
asl
Funny how both Labour and the Conservatives have reversed their respective position on having a new PM by coronation rather than General Election since Gordon Brown took control mid-term!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
asl wrote:Funny how both Labour and the Conservatives have reversed their respective position on having a new PM by coronation rather than General Election since Gordon Brown took control mid-term!
Indeed. I agree with Tim Farron's view that a GE should be called.
Red Duke
asl wrote:Funny how both Labour and the Conservatives have reversed their respective position on having a new PM by coronation rather than General Election since Gordon Brown took control mid-term!
Indeed. I agree with Tim Farron's view that a GE should be called.
I totally disagree. Everyone seems to forget is that we don't have a presidential voting system. We vote for a party to win an election and by default, the leader of that party becomes Prime Minister. If the leader changes, then his/her replacement becomes PM.

I don't recall any time that when a PM has left office that there has been a general election.

In USA where they have a presidential system, they don't have an election when the leader leaves office.

It is just wishful thinking by Tim Farron.