A suggestion

WARNING: This section may contain jokes or topics of an offensive nature.
Recommended for over 18's only. Send Admin a PM to request exclusion.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Shade
Red Duke wrote:Hopefully, as UKIP being a single issue party and it has achieved what it wanted, becomes redundant and so we no longer have to listen to Nigel Farage and he disappears off into the sunset.
My thoughts exactly. Why we've even been listening to someone that's unelected non-expert for the last couple of days I don't know.
Malabus
Red Duke wrote:Hopefully, as UKIP being a single issue party and it has achieved what it wanted, becomes redundant and so we no longer have to listen to Nigel Farage and he disappears off into the sunset.
That won't be the case.
I am a supporter of the party and there are plenty of things to improve in this country that may take decades.
If it wasn't for Nigel Farage this referendum wouldn't have materialised, the man saved us from the monstrous EU. He is on par with some of the greats and will be around along time and I greatly applaud this.
Three cheers for Nigel Farage ... Hip hip HORAY!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Circa 1887 wrote:Lads, just a quick note to say how refreshing this thread is - as I catch up on it tonight. We live in a democracy and no one vote is more valid or less valid than the rest. Sadly, social media has been utterly vile and toxic today - so it's reassuring to see grown up and respectful discussion, not pathetic name calling and ostracising.

But then again - clearly we're an intelligent bunch given our club allegiance.
Vileness and toxicity is not the way to make a better united Britain.

Both halves of the electorate had and do have genuine concerns and grievances. These to be listened to and acted upon to make a more united and equal country. Starting with moving parliament out of London.

A great vision for the future here:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... xit-brexit" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Joey
I am surprised in the way regions up and down the country voted Leave, if anything this proves how the current system has left these regions behind. These are people who haven't seen their regions be left behind by globalisation and free market economics. I honestly find it hard to believe that every single vote was down to immigration policy, there has to be more than to it.

Personally, I am not as distraught about this result despite other people my age acting like the world has ended. The EU in its undemocratic way has pushed its own agenda upon the countries who belong to it without any mandate. Labour and trade unions laws are being dismantled in France, Italy are having unelected goverments forced on them and the Greek people are suffering under its austerity plans. My hope is now other nations such as Spain, Greece and Holland will decide to call referendums and through democracy begin the winding down of the EU.
Malabus
Joey wrote:I am surprised in the way regions up and down the country voted Leave, if anything this proves how the current system has left these regions behind. These are people who haven't seen their regions be left behind by globalisation and free market economics. I honestly find it hard to believe that every single vote was down to immigration policy, there has to be more than to it.

Personally, I am not as distraught about this result despite other people my age acting like the world has ended. The EU in its undemocratic way has pushed its own agenda upon the countries who belong to it without any mandate. Labour and trade unions laws are being dismantled in France, Italy are having unelected goverments forced on them and the Greek people are suffering under its austerity plans. My hope is now other nations such as Spain, Greece and Holland will decide to call referendums and through democracy begin the winding down of the EU.
Shows Labour strong holds have no faith in "remainder" Corbyn.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Joey wrote:These are people who haven't seen their regions be left behind by globalisation and free market economics. to be more than to it.
Well done for showing the same ignorance as the out of touch politicians and media.

Yes the Midlands or North West in Central Birmingham or Manchester are fully part of the global economy. But there are so many deprived and excluded communities.

Every region in Britain has rampant inequality. No region voted more than 59%.

On the live coverage they were surprised Newcastle was only 52% remain as it had a university and because media and politicians only see the well heeled and splendid city cente. They just did not know the extent of poverty in huge swathes of deprived areas who live in a different world to the rest of the city, let alone London or Europe.

From Cornwall to Carlisle and from Durham to Dover the nation is inequal. And this is what happens when people ignore it.

Read this: http://www.theguardian.com/politics/com ... estminster" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Some answers from Leave voters themselves Joey:

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... ave-the-eu" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Malabus
Watch this happen. It's very important to understand the global manipulators and their dirty tactics.
Malabus
Sums up to left wing remainders.
Daveangel
Robin wrote:Shocking stats that RCS, I know a lot of young people who are completely disillusioned with today's result.
I hope they blame the 70 odd percent who couldn't be arsed to vote. :)
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Some more insight for you Joey:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... -ebbw-vale" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Malabus
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Some more insight for you Joey:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... -ebbw-vale" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The 368 million we save each week can be invested back into our country for projects we chose to fund.
Projects are never chosen by any British people; because we are not allowed too because of the EU.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Malabus wrote:

The 368 million we save each week can be invested back into our country for projects we chose to fund.
Projects are never chosen by any British people; because we are not allowed too because of the EU.
The DCLG choose where to allocate the money.
Malabus
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Malabus wrote:

The DCLG choose where to allocate the money.[/quote
Brussels chose the projects when we receive (60%) and then inform everyone on a big sign with the 28 stars on. It's ridiculous, so glad we are getting out of Germany controlled EU.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
No. The EU give the funds to the regions via DCLG. All potential ERDF and ESF projects submit applications to LEPs and DCLG in their region who allocate the money.

I have worked on such bids so I know the process inside out.
confused.com
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:No. The EU give the funds to the regions via DCLG. All potential ERDF and ESF projects submit applications to LEPs and DCLG in their region who allocate the money.

And the prize for getting the most initialism's in one sentence goes to ...... :)
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
confused.com wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:No. The EU give the funds to the regions via DCLG. All potential ERDF and ESF projects submit applications to LEPs and DCLG in their region who allocate the money.

And the prize for getting the most initialism's in one sentence goes to ...... :)
Idk. RCS? Lol.

Fyi, grotesque apostrophe btw.
confused.com
confused.com wrote:

Idk. RCS? Lol.

Fyi, grotesque apostrophe btw.
Couldn't agree more about the apostrophe. My only defence, and I thought long and hard about using it, was that my spell checker was refusing to allow any plural version of initialism. I knew someone would find it objectionable and can't complain.

On another note, the decision to leave may have just come in time. Have you noticed the share prices of a lot of the major banks in Europe, particularly the likes of Italy, Spain, Portugal etc. They have fallen through the floor, in such a manner that it makes RBS look like a safe house. There is another debt crisis on the way it would seem and it won't be pretty
Malabus
confused.com wrote:

He's trying to make us believe that he knows what his talking about.
kora
I was talking to a man in the pub who reckoned in 20 years the EU would comprise of Germany and Greece with Greece making daily pleas to leave and Germany saying "not till you pay us the 50 gazillion euros you owe us".
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
confused.com wrote:
Couldn't agree more about the apostrophe. My only defence, and I thought long and hard about using it, was that my spell checker was refusing to allow any plural version of initialism. I knew someone would find it objectionable and can't complain.

On another note, the decision to leave may have just come in time. Have you noticed the share prices of a lot of the major banks in Europe, particularly the likes of Italy, Spain, Portugal etc. They have fallen through the floor, in such a manner that it makes RBS look like a safe house. There is another debt crisis on the way it would seem and it won't be pretty
Yup there sure is. Italy has been rocking for months and the election chaos in Spain shows how uncertainty and chaos is rife across Europe.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Malabus wrote:
confused.com wrote:

He's trying to make us believe that he knows what his talking about.
:roll:
confused.com
confused.com wrote:

Yup there sure is. Italy has been rocking for months and the election chaos in Spain shows how uncertainty and chaos is rife across Europe.
Did not read or hear a lot of the fallout over the weekend as I was in Paris. However one of the most telling remarks was by some German guy on French TV. He openly admitted that when DC went looking for reform, they played hard ball because they never thought a leave vote would come. Now, all we can hear from the 27 is the need for reform. Pity they didn't have the foresight to avoid all this in the first place, rather than believing they were in Las Vegas, rather than Brussels.

Thinking of leaving UK anyway, I had no idea I was living with 17+ million racists :lol: