Bo Jo out of leadership race

WARNING: This section may contain jokes or topics of an offensive nature.
Recommended for over 18's only. Send Admin a PM to request exclusion.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

asl
Oh, my... How accurate does this Opinion in last Saturday's Gurniad look now????? I posted a link to it before, although that link is now dead - so here it is again on a better link.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/g ... 571149c8b9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Indeed. And the Downfall video!
Judge_Dreddful
The rats are fighting amongst themselves already? Poor Boris...stabbed in the back by the human charisma bypass that is Michael Gove.

LOL, as the kids say.
Malabus
It's such a ugly shame we have posters on this forum that take pleasure in insulting Michael Gove. Just plain nastiness that has spread on this forum at great speediness.
kora
What else can you do to a weasel like Gove, now he's stabbed his best mate in the back. Another posh boy on the make, beware.
Judge_Dreddful
Michael Gove has the sort of face that you'd never tire of punching.
Shade
Other than his lack of experience and he was Remain, if the tories want to come across as caring about the people of Britain I can't see how they can look past Stephen Crabb.
confused.com
Agree shade either him or May. Boris signed his own execution warrant with his piece in the Tele on Monday when he hinted that single market was more important than immigration. Exit stage left
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
May would be my choice although she has ruled out a general election so I will reserve judgement until hearing the others' views.
Malabus
Brexiter Andrea Leadsom edges it for me. She would make a great PM.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Malabus wrote:Brexiter Andrea Leadsom edges it for me. She would make a great PM.
I thought you were "going for Gove"?
Malabus
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Malabus wrote:Brexiter Andrea Leadsom edges it for me. She would make a great PM.
I thought you were "going for Gove"?
I heard Andrea Leadsom on LBC and came across very well. She sounded very positive and has plenty of experience regarding economics : Barclays etc.
Malabus
asl
Bo Jo: Foreign Secretary. Blimey.
Shade
asl wrote:Bo Jo: Foreign Secretary. Blimey.
Foreigners love him, he speaks 8 languages and he's not as stupid as he looks.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:
asl wrote:Bo Jo: Foreign Secretary. Blimey.
Foreigners love him, he speaks 8 languages and he's not as stupid as he looks.
Yes I think he will be good as FS. His friendliness and willingness to relax and get stuck in will suit the role. No stoney faced stiff upper lip, he will be straight in their trying traditional foods and activities all round the world.
asl
He like to be portrayed as a bumbling buffoon - but he is probably one of the most intelligent people in the commons. Before he was mayor of London, he was MP for...Henley? Marlowe? somewhere around there, anyway. A friend of mine was one of his constituents and she was fairly apolitical but she always said he was, without a doubt, the best constituency MP she had ever lived under. Apparently he did an incredible amount of work on behalf of his people, no matter too small, and was never afraid to get involved. I also think he'll do a decent job - and, on reflection, he was the obvious candidate for one of the roles that will be directly involved with the Brexit negotiations: if not FS, then he'd have to have the new job that David Davies has been given - even if it's for no other reason than there has to be someone from the Leave campaign to blame wh...I mean if it all goes wrong.

I'm not even slightly sad to see the back of Gove and Morgan - but I'm a bit surprised to see Truss being given a job. She always comes across as somewhat nice-but-dim.
Shade
I'm a little bit surprised a new role wasn't made up comprising all of the worst, most hideous jobs known to Parliament, especially for that weasel Gove.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Mal, what do you think of Andrea Leadsom having been appointed environment secretary?

You supported her Leave and Leadership roles - what do you think of her climate change denying, pro-fracking, pro-fox hunting views?
Malabus
False accusations RCS.
Don't come back after your Google search and give a lecture.