Farage

WARNING: This section may contain jokes or topics of an offensive nature.
Recommended for over 18's only. Send Admin a PM to request exclusion.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

asl
...follows Bo Jo in walking away from the mess he helped to create. I imagine he will continue to claim his MEP salary and expenses for as long as possible and then, with no chance of him grasping the irony, become dependant on his German wife.

I see UKIP's one MP is distraught at the news.
Malabus
Mess?....
The only mess is made up in the scaremongers mind and the foolish that believe it.
Nigel Farage is a great servant to the UK. He has offered to help in the negotiations for #brexit.
Hardly "walking away".
Shade
I have to agree that all this 'mess' nonsense is scaremongering.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Would not surprised if Andrea Leadsom is hoping to take him on in some capacity if she wins the leadership contest.

Other than that, a good time to go out on a high. The Tory leadership candidatea, aside from AL, are likely to delay Article 50 for some time and get Parliament to vote on it and vote on whatever agreements come on the back of it.

As it is a Parliament issue now and Farage has never been elected to Parliament he no longer has a relevant role to play. He offered to help with negotiations but they won't happen until Article 50 is executed which could some way off. Farage would have nothing to do in the meantime even if anyone was daft enough to let him be involved.
asl
Shade wrote:I have to agree that all this 'mess' nonsense is scaremongering.
Having a rudderless government and no opposition does not constitute a 'mess'?
Shade
Only if you're shortsighted enough to not realise it will be sorted out.
asl
Shade wrote:Only if you're shortsighted enough to not realise it will be sorted out.
Not by Farage and Bo Jo, it won't be - which takes me nicely back to my original point...
Malabus
Farage is a political genius. Changing politics and the system without having a seat in parliament. The man is on par with the greats.
Shade
asl wrote:
Shade wrote:Only if you're shortsighted enough to not realise it will be sorted out.
Not by Farage and Bo Jo, it won't be - which takes me nicely back to my original point...
This only makes me much more confident. As long as Gove has nothing to do with anything, ever.