Brexit crisis live: contagion spreading

WARNING: This section may contain jokes or topics of an offensive nature.
Recommended for over 18's only. Send Admin a PM to request exclusion.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
The financial turmoil is spreading from City computer screens to peoples savings and pensions.

Thank god Mark Carney is sticking around to try and steer the economy through the summer.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/li ... iness-live" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
asl
Savings and pensions? Pah. All we voted for was to "take control of our borders and sovereignty." Too many immigrants. Never mind the value of our savings and pensions. All those Muslims coming over here and taking those jobs we don't want to do - that's the *real* problem.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
asl wrote:Savings and pensions? Pah. All we voted for was to "take control of our borders and sovereignty." Too many immigrants. Never mind the value of our savings and pensions. All those Muslims coming over here and taking those jobs we don't want to do - that's the *real* problem.
Silly me.
Malabus
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Nigel who? Some ex-MP with no plan?
Shade
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Nigel who? Some ex-MP with no plan?
MP?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:
MP?
Oops, not even that!
Circa 1887
Financial turmoil? I'm making a killing on my share portfolio at the moment - and I haven't made a trade since March - though I stick to FTSE 100 and some penny stocks. Currently netting a 20-25% return, although I self invest - and certainly would never touch the property bubble, which is so cyclical in performance and suffers from market inflation.

The key indicators of market stress remain much lower than the '08 recession or Euro crash. Currency dipping down is a two way street, not all bad news.

Too much hysteria as usual.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Circa 1887 wrote:Financial turmoil? I'm making a killing on my share portfolio at the moment - and I haven't made a trade since March - though I stick to FTSE 100 and some penny stocks. Currently netting a 20-25% return, although I self invest - and certainly would never touch the property bubble, which is so cyclical in performance and suffers from market inflation.

The key indicators of market stress remain much lower than the '08 recession or Euro crash. Currency dipping down is a two way street, not all bad news.

Too much hysteria as usual.
FTSE 250 is a better indicator of the UK environment. The 100 takes into account all sorts of global factors.
Circa 1887
Mate, it's my job. I'm not looking to gauge the market, I'm looking to ensure I invest wisely. Any decent pension fund manager would be doing the same, investing in companies and funds that derive revenues in foreign currency. Any fund manager suffering now is doing so through poor planning and insight.
Malabus
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Shade wrote:
MP?
Oops, not even that!
"Not even that" and changed UK politics.
That's why Nigel Farage is up there with Admiral Horatio Nelson.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Collingwood was better than Nelson.
Shade
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Collingwood was better than Nelson.
Indeed. Pretty sure Collingwood never got out on Nelson. Great fielder to boot. One of the best.
Malabus
Let's spread the real message, ignore the remainiacs.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/201 ... um=twitter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I do not think anyone would claim counter to the need to trade globally and the opportunities to do so.