Total Disbelief

WARNING: This section may contain jokes or topics of an offensive nature.
Recommended for over 18's only. Send Admin a PM to request exclusion.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

confused.com
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36900310" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ask yourself

1. Would it have made the news if it was a page from the bible
2. Would anyone have objected if it was a page from the bible
3. Even if they had objected, would the C5 have pulled it.

This country has gone mad
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Only question I would ask is whether it was a deliberate attempt to incite religious hatred, which I doubt.

The country has gone mad; no religion of any denomination should influence public activity or law, and it is a slippery slope to division and conservatism/conformism.

Time to be more even liberal in our approach to dealing with conservative religious interference in public life, whether it be Muslims complaining about Fireman Sam, Christians in N. Ireland bleating about abortion, or Orthodox Jewish men refusing to sit next to women on trains and planes. By all means wear your gear and garb and worship in your homes and places of worship, but when out and about secular laws free-speech and human rights will take priority.
confused.com
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Only question I would ask is whether it was a deliberate attempt to incite religious hatred, which I doubt.

The country has gone mad; no religion of any denomination should influence public activity or law, and it is a slippery slope to division and conservatism/conformism.

Time to be more even liberal in our approach to dealing with conservative religious interference in public life, whether it be Muslims complaining about Fireman Sam, Christians in N. Ireland bleating about abortion, or Orthodox Jewish men refusing to sit next to women on trains and planes. By all means wear your gear and garb and worship in your homes and places of worship, but when out and about secular laws free-speech and human rights will take priority.
There was me thinking it was Sam's way of showing all were inclusive. Especially as nobody sees what bit of paper he slips on :)

With you on religion being a personal thing. Also believe that that applies to Fireman Sam, peoples views on abortion or who they choose to sit beside. It doesn't impact me, just believe in a level playing field. I would no more want to force a Muslim to eat pork than I would want a Christian to do something that was against their religious views. There is always an alternative in life and folk are too easily offended
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
confused.com wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Only question I would ask is whether it was a deliberate attempt to incite religious hatred, which I doubt.

There was me thinking it was Sam's way of showing all were inclusive. Especially as nobody sees what bit of paper he slips on :)

With you on religion being a personal thing. Also believe that that applies to Fireman Sam, peoples views on abortion or who they choose to sit beside. It doesn't impact me, just believe in a level playing field. I would no more want to force a Muslim to eat pork than I would want a Christian to do something that was against their religious views. There is always an alternative in life and folk are too easily offended
Indeed, an so they should not enforce that upon others.

I.e. I won't make a Christian fundamentalist have an abortion, however I do not think they should try and stop other people doing so.