Olympic Hockey

WARNING: This section may contain jokes or topics of an offensive nature.
Recommended for over 18's only. Send Admin a PM to request exclusion.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

asl
The GB ladies just showed the men how the game should be played. Under the cosh for long periods of the game, throwing their bodies on the line and spilling a proper amount of claret in the process. Their reward is a place in the gold medal match.

Cracking semifinal! My favourite sport (i.e. the one I was best at) at school - but we never had a boys or mixed team. Always regret not finding a club and having a go after I finished school.
Si Robin
I was much the same asl, I did it for a term at GCSE and loved it, as well as being quite good at it. Never considered looking into it outside of school though.
Shade
I never played it thanks to going to a rugby hard-on school, but I do love watching the women's hockey.........
asl
GOLD! Incredible defending and outstanding goal keeping by Maddy Hinch. Well done, girls!
Shade
I feel like everything has already been said by the entire country but it brought a tear to my eye. I think we should sign Maddy Hinch (said every set of fans with a dodgy keeper, not us...). Incredible achievement against the World and *previous* reigning back-to-back Olympic champions.

The high of that to the low of Lutalo Muhammed...poor bloke, less than a second from a gold medal...all he had to do was run away or jump at the guy and he wouldn't have a silver medal round his neck.