Tour of Britain

WARNING: This section may contain jokes or topics of an offensive nature.
Recommended for over 18's only. Send Admin a PM to request exclusion.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Watching the TOB highlights as the race goes from Wales to Bath.

Fantastic to see the Gloucestershire roads and scenery in full glory and the Shire folk out in force watching the race.
Malabus
Very boring spectator sport.
paperboy
Malabus wrote:Very boring spectator sport.
Didn't impress me too much either. Maybe it's better to watch on a steep hill where they don't whizz past at 100 mph with little chance of identifying who is who.
Won't knock it too much though as we are all different.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I like watching on the TV, but you can't dip in and out of a multiple day race, action on any day is only exciting in context of the overall race and team tactics. Once you get to understand the team tactics it becomes a completely different sport to watch.
Shade
The Gloucestershire roads...did half of them come off due to potholes, or were the roads that were used suddenly re-surfaced last week?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:The Gloucestershire roads...did half of them come off due to potholes, or were the roads that were used suddenly re-surfaced last week?
Looked OK on TV, though the commentators did point out they were rougher than the newly tarmac'd roads you get in the Tour de France or Giro d'Italia.
asl
I remember going all the way to Lincoln when I were a lad to see the end of one of the stages of the old Milk Race. It finished at the top of Steep Hill, near the cathedral. Almost half a km at a 1:7 gradient - an absolute bugger to walk up (but you could always stop off half way and browse the second-hand book shop.) Pro cyclists are absolute animals where hills are concerned while I struggle with my bike on anything steeper than my driveway.