This Elm Park non-sense and farce.

WARNING: This section may contain jokes or topics of an offensive nature.
Recommended for over 18's only. Send Admin a PM to request exclusion.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Malabus
Well I hope they realise that approximately 17:00 this evening Tewkesbury Road was jammed packed so I presume this proposed Elm Park non-sense project (on greenbelt) and Tewkesbury Borough Council must have already a plan with 5000 homes to be built to tackle the problem of more lazy; polluting and car obsessed motorists on the road. One rule for one and another for motorists, I can't pollute the atmosphere with a fine cigar in a bus shelter incase it offends the elite liberal establishment but a motorist can pollute whenever he or she wishes.

http://m.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/live ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Simple, reopen and rebuild the local railway lines and run a light-rail or tram network.

Takes investment and bravery, but that is what elected politicians should stand for.

If Cheltenham/Gloucester wants to be a thriving, dynamic, and vibrant economy for people to live, work and enjoy themselves then this is the type of infrastructure needed.
ctfc-fan
Agree RCS. I've said for ages there needs a raised monorail from Bishop's Cleeve via the racecourse/GWR station, following the old railway line to Waitrose and the train station then following the Gliucest Rod and A40 stopping at GCHQ and the airport, Elmbridge Court and then into Gloucester. Stick a super hospital along the Golden Valley somewhere and stop there too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nesty
its the same at Aschurch, takes you 1/2 hour sometimes to get from Tewkesbury to Teddington Hands, yet our MP says more should get out of cars and use the railway !! where is the railway station ? yup Aschurch!
Malabus
ctfc-fan wrote:Stick a super hospital along the Golden Valley somewhere and stop there too
I presume this "super hospital" will be privately funded. The NHS can't fund what it has now.

Ripping into greenbelt is heading in the wrong direction. I will oppose.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Malabus wrote:
ctfc-fan wrote:Stick a super hospital along the Golden Valley somewhere and stop there too
I presume this "super hospital" will be privately funded. The NHS can't fund what it has now.

Yes, the valuable and biodiversity and unique ecosystems of the fields along the A40 Golden Valley. :roll:
ctfc-fan
Malabus wrote:

Who said Greenbelt? There's plenty of fields along the GV that aren't in the Greenbelt.

Anyway, with my suggestion of a super hospital, I mean it more from a suggestion that stops the people of Cheltenham having to go all the way to Gloucester for treatment/maternity etc. Cheltenham won't have a hospital soon.