Tyson Fury Drug Cheat its alleged in papers

WARNING: This section may contain jokes or topics of an offensive nature.
Recommended for over 18's only. Send Admin a PM to request exclusion.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Ralph
well that's him out of the way thank god. He was a disgrace to the heavyweight div anyway.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Yup. Good riddance. Does coke count as cheating, or just illegal, lol.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/gene ... 39851.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ralph
get that new lad from London in against Vlad.. whats his name? Joshua or something
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ralph wrote:get that new lad from London in against Vlad.. whats his name? Joshua or something
Anthony Joshua, been IBF Hw champ since April.

That would be a good bout. Get on the phone to the MGM Grand Ralph!
Malabus
I think the sport should be fazed out. It's a rather ridiculous; violent and life threatening. Not a sport.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Malabus wrote:I think the sport should be fazed out. It's a rather ridiculous; violent and life threatening. Not a sport.
It certainly has risks, as the tragic events of this week reminded us.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/ ... after-bout" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
kora
Totally agree Mal, the only "sport" where the object is to hurt your opponent. People get hurt in all sports but this is not the prime objective. On the other hand how many would die/be maimed if it went underground?
asl
kora wrote:On the other hand how many would die/be maimed if it went underground?
That's exactly right. I'm not a huge boxing fan and wouldn't miss it if it were outlawed - but at least it has rules and medical supervision and serious injury or deaths like this one are thankfully rare as a result. Just because dog-fighting is illegal and isn't on Sky Sports, it doesn't mean it doesn't continue to take place.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
[quote="asl"][quote="kora"]On the other hand how many would die/be maimed if it went underground?[/quote]
That's exactly right. I'm not a huge boxing fan and wouldn't miss it if it were outlawed - but at least it has rules and medical supervision and serious injury or deaths like this one are thankfully rare as a result. Just because dog-fighting is illegal and isn't on Sky Sports, it doesn't mean it doesn't continue to take place.[/quote]

Look up Gypsy Boxing on YouTube - plenty of unregulated bare knuckle fights.
Shade
Have you ever watched UFC? Because that sport is barbaric by comparison. When fighters are knocked down and basically unconscious, the other fighter will jump on them and keep punching them in the head until the ref stops it, which is never soon enough. At least in boxing, you're not allowed to hit them round the back of the head, or kidney punch and when someone goes down, even onto a knee, you're not allowed to hit them again until the ref is satisfied he can continue. In UFC you can basically do whatever the hell you want, kicking and punching anywhere, no matter what state or position your opponent is in.

I'd be slightly disappointed if we never see Tyson Fury in a ring again, but only because I want to see AJ give him the absolute battering he deserves. And without that battering he will argue he was never beaten when he held the belt.
Malabus
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
asl wrote:
kora wrote:On the other hand how many would die/be maimed if it went underground?
That's exactly right. I'm not a huge boxing fan and wouldn't miss it if it were outlawed - but at least it has rules and medical supervision and serious injury or deaths like this one are thankfully rare as a result. Just because dog-fighting is illegal and isn't on Sky Sports, it doesn't mean it doesn't continue to take place.
Look up Gypsy Boxing on YouTube - plenty of unregulated bare knuckle fights.
Let the gypsies kill themselves.