Nico Rosberg

WARNING: This section may contain jokes or topics of an offensive nature.
Recommended for over 18's only. Send Admin a PM to request exclusion.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Shade
The new F1 champion retires at 31, less than a week after winning the title. I can't help but think he's only quit because he knows he will never win a second title and will probably be made to look very ordinary (again) next season if Lewis Hamilton doesn't have as many reliability issues with his car. I mean, if it wasn't for one dodgy nut popping off in a brand new engine in Malaysia, Hamilton would still have beaten him this season as well, despite several other penalties for having to change gearboxes and engines. Meanwhile, Rosberg didn't have a single reliability issue all season, only failing to finish when he forced Hamilton off the track in Spain, with Hamilton collecting him as he lost control on the grass.

Having said that, I can't blame him for retiring now. He's a multi-millionaire with a wife and young child who should never want for anything. In fact, being a child of privilege, I doubt he's ever wanted for anything other than the wife, kid and World Championship.

It'll be interesting to see who ends up partnering Hamilton next season as most of the top drivers already have contracts. I bet quite a few have their agents looking through them for release clauses right now!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I think they'll got a current 'second tier' driver who is good; i.e. a driver who would win plenty races in a better car and have been performing admirably in a poorer car.

I'm looking straight at Hulkenburg or Perez. Took Force India to 4th in the Constructors, with some good qualifying, a couple of podiums and plenty of top six finishes between them.

Force India use Mercedes engines, so not only will the drivers be tuned to Mercedes already, German giants could offer a hefty financial sweetener.

My money would be on Hulkenburg. He has had the podiums this season, Perez brings in a lot of sponsorship to the team, so FI would fight harder to keep the Mexican in their colours.
asl
I can't help but think summat has gone on behind the scenes. Maybe Mercedes told him that they were still going to regard Lewis as being their number 1 driver next season.
Shade
Hulkenburg has just left Force India and signed for Haas, though, a Ferrari powered team. I wouldn't be surprised if Alonso gets himself in there somehow. He's desperate for another good shot at a title and he's a tricky customer...can see another argument with McLaren in his near future.

I think Rosberg has made this decision in the heat of the moment and in a couple of months, or midway through next season, he might be thinking he's made a mistake.
Ralph
Rosberg reached the top, the only way is down from there. He sees idiot Hamilton as being the No 1 and uncontrollable by the team. Go out on a high and earn the money in GT's maybe