Register    Login    Search    FAQ

CTFC.com Official Site Cheltenham Town FC 500 Club

Other Useful Links:     Leo's Blog    Robins Trust    CTFC Chatter    Football Ground Guide    This is Gloucestershire    News Now    CTFC History Site

Board index » THE NEST » NON FOOTY/JOKES ETC

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: strange world
 Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017, 09:32 

Walking down Pittville Circus and at 7 in the morning and road is lined with new prestige cars and parents leaving babies off at nursery's! How about downsizing the cars etc and give the children someting more important... your time

Top  Share on FacebookShare on Twitter
 Post subject: Re: strange world
 Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017, 11:24 

I'm afraid we live in a world where the neighbours remarking on your nice car is seen as being preferable to commenting on your nice child. Prestige is everything I'm afraid.

Post subject: Re: strange world
 Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017, 11:36 

kora wrote:
I'm afraid we live in a world where the neighbours remarking on your nice car is seen as being preferable to commenting on your nice child. Prestige is everything I'm afraid.

Indeed, which is why lack of respect and concern for other people is rare to see. Many view other people as enemies trying to buy the next TV or phone before they do.

When the economic system and political elite is propped up by consumer spending (consumer credit card debt almost back up to 2007 pre-crash levels) and low wage shop workers there is no incentive for politicians to change it. In fact they encourage it and then divert the blame for the misery caused to immigrants, unemployed and opposing political parties.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Board index » THE NEST » NON FOOTY/JOKES ETC