Meanwhile in Gloster.

WARNING: This section may contain jokes or topics of an offensive nature.
Recommended for over 18's only. Send Admin a PM to request exclusion.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Malabus
Shocking that the home of Hogwarts has been invaded by the Barton Street/Tredworth posse.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/756360 ... c.outbrain" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Makes sense to have all faiths practice in the same building - keeps them all in one place and frees up more space for housing, recreation and business.
Malabus
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Makes sense to have all faiths practice in the same building - keeps them all in one place and frees up more space for housing, recreation and business.
We need more places to worship. The godless society thirst for it but they don't know it.

I promote all faiths (that includes Islam)that are there for god and to help people on the right path to god.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Malabus wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Makes sense to have all faiths practice in the same building - keeps them all in one place and frees up more space for housing, recreation and business.
We need more places to worship. The godless society thirst for it but they don't know it.

I promote all faiths (that includes Islam)that are there for god and to help people on the right path to god.
WR is my church, GJ is my God, RNF is my Bible.
confused.com
Happy to be corrected but I doubt if a similar offer would be reciprocated?
Note that it was not in the cathedral but in offices belonging to the cathedral. Fiem believer that ignorance breeds fear and animosity. However, it has to be a two way street
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
confused.com wrote:Happy to be corrected but I doubt if a similar offer would be reciprocated?
Note that it was not in the cathedral but in offices belonging to the cathedral. Fiem believer that ignorance breeds fear and animosity. However, it has to be a two way street
Maybe so, but all as bad as each other imo.
confused.com
Would be a sad world if you were mot entitled to your opinion.
However your posts on this topic and similar, give the suggestion that you are trying to belittle those that hold a religious view of any kind. Many find a solace and peace out of their beliefs. Whether I have the same views or not, I recognise their right to have these views without ridicule. For someone who is so set against groundshare, it seems an odd stance to be preacing, church share. Just think of all the houses that could be built on WR if we moved down to FGR!! Surely your compassion for your fellow human and the shortage of housing would see the sense in that move?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Confused, apologies for the offense, and not my intention to belittle in anyway.

I respect all religions and as you say I believe in the right and freedom for people to believe and follow any faith.

What I do not respect and do belittle is any religous person who starts violence against different religions (ie most wars in history), or who hand me leaflets in the street saying I will go to hell, or who do not respect human rights and health in the name of religion (abortion, homosexuality, women driving, etc).

A lot of the social and spiritual morals I agree with.

Granted, my religious premises remark was off colour and wrong and stemmed from a desire to wind up Malabus than a thought through statement or belief. Wherever I go in the world the places of worship are always the greatest architecture and provide a space to ponder and reflect. Long may that diversity continue in the UK as well.
confused.com
It is not me you are belittling RCS but you do tend to belittle people per se on this topic.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
confused.com wrote:It is not me you are belittling RCS but you do tend to belittle people per se on this topic.
I do I guess, though my use of the term 'religious nutjobs' is reserved for those who fight other religions or try and impose policies against the rule of law and human rights.
confused.com
And what is the argument about putting THEM all in one place so as to save space? Hardly very enlightened or understanding of others peaceful views as I said, put all football teams in one placve and save space???
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
confused.com wrote:And what is the argument about putting THEM all in one place so as to save space? Hardly very enlightened or understanding of others peaceful views as I said, put all football teams in one placve and save space???
I explained, a thoughtless and glib remark which was wrong, and driven from a desire to wind up Mal for which I apologise.

However, if there two teams in Cheltenham it would make sense to have one stadium with a 4G pitch used every weekend rather than two stadia which are both empty other weekend.
confused.com
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
confused.com wrote:And what is the argument about putting THEM all in one place so as to save space? Hardly very enlightened or understanding of others peaceful views as I said, put all football teams in one placve and save space???
I explained, a thoughtless and glib remark which was wrong, and driven from a desire to wind up Mal for which I apologise.

However, if there two teams in Cheltenham it would make sense to have one stadium with a 4G pitch used every weekend rather than two stadia which are both empty other weekend.
heartening to see your integration principles have strict boundaries ;)
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
confused.com wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:

heartening to see your integration principles have strict boundaries ;)
Indeed, I think every religious group should have a place of worship in their community.

So, whether in seperate buildings or one multi-faith building, everyone in Town X should be able to gather, worship and pray in their town. Don't think there is anything controversial there!