Corbyn - how long.

WARNING: This section may contain jokes or topics of an offensive nature.
Recommended for over 18's only. Send Admin a PM to request exclusion.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Malabus
Shocking leader and in a total communist fantasy ugly word.
He will be gone in a matter of weeks.
Labour are breaking up [old and new] and enjoyable to see their demise.
asl
I agree with two out of your three points - I only doubt he'll be gone any time soon.

At a time when the Government are carrying a poisoned chalice, tasked with delivering something 48% of the country did not want and which the other 52% simply will not get what they want because that's frankly undeliverable - Labour should be at their strongest, tearing holes in the Government at every single turn and just waiting for the next General Election, at which point they should stroll to power. Instead, they have even more turmoil than the Conservative Party, no effective leadership, no coherent policies and no alternative plan for what May is ultimately going to fail to achieve.

I have to wonder if Bo Jo saw the bulk of this coming and is simply playing the long game.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
He'll go when the Tory BBC and Newspapers want him gone, so whenever the current Government thinks his going is best for them.
Joey
No chance of him going.
confused.com
Joey wrote:No chance of him going.
I hope and pray you are right, last thing we need is that lot back in power
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Indeed Confused.com, as we keep getting told, the British People no longer want compassion in our society, so any party which supports NHS and welfare for the most vulnerable is not welcome.
confused.com
RCS, from what I remember your family has experience of the NHS it's recruitment policies and it's general day to day runings. You can't be telling me that this was any different under the Lab party? No party has worked out how to get the NHS working and with our ever expanding population, it will only get worse. I have yet to see or heart how Mr Corbyn plans to finance or improve the NHS. We need more than the sounds of a left wing action group. Saying things does not get them done
Malabus
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Indeed Confused.com, as we keep getting told, the British People no longer want compassion in our society, so any party which supports NHS and welfare for the most vulnerable is not welcome.
"We are getting older".....that old chestnut to cover up mass uncontrollable health tourism.

Keep hearing and reading that FAKE NEWS.
confused.com
Malabus wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Indeed Confused.com, as we keep getting told, the British People no longer want compassion in our society, so any party which supports NHS and welfare for the most vulnerable is not welcome.
"We are getting older".....that old chestnut to cover up mass uncontrollable health tourism.

Have to say, was watching the Hospital documentry on BBC, spending time in St Mary's in London (mainly because my son was a junior doctor there). One episode focused on the treatment of non eligible nationals. Most reluctantly agreed to sign up to pay (emergency treatment was always given free irrespective). However after recovering and going home, not one of the patients had paid any money to the NHS.
There is definitely something wrong. The NHS can not be expected to pick up the slack. As far as EU people are concerned, I believe a fairer way is for the home country to be billed, as opposed to free treatment in the country. Thus, the country that'exports' most nationals, pays for their healthcare. Likewise, any UK national treated in the EU, should have their costs covered by the NHS.
Malabus
confused.com wrote:
Malabus wrote:

Have to say, was watching the Hospital documentry on BBC, spending time in St Mary's in London (mainly because my son was a junior doctor there). One episode focused on the treatment of non eligible nationals. Most reluctantly agreed to sign up to pay (emergency treatment was always given free irrespective). However after recovering and going home, not one of the patients had paid any money to the NHS.
There is definitely something wrong. The NHS can not be expected to pick up the slack. As far as EU people are concerned, I believe a fairer way is for the home country to be billed, as opposed to free treatment in the country. Thus, the country that'exports' most nationals, pays for their healthcare. Likewise, any UK national treated in the EU, should have their costs covered by the NHS.
BBC's Hospital a brilliant series, a great insight how the hospital is generally run.
Red Duke
A simple solution for reducing health tourism - Ensure health insurance is in place before issuing a visa.