Lord Kinnock and his 1.7 million EU pension.

WARNING: This section may contain jokes or topics of an offensive nature.
Recommended for over 18's only. Send Admin a PM to request exclusion.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Malabus
Wonder which way he will be swinging regarding EU amendments, slowing (or stalling) Brexit.

Kinnock and his wife have a lot to lose when the United Kingdom eventually leaves the evil European Union just like the rest of the unelected House of Lords, it's all about greed,,desire and money worship and NOT for your best interests.

Hindus call this age 'Kali Yuga', a time of quarrels, corruption and material [money] worship. How the ancient Vedas are so very truthful, meaningful with its valid message that we must shelter and devote our lives to God for protection.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Nigel Farage will have an EU pension of almost £65,000 a year for life.
Malabus
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Nigel Farage will have an EU pension of almost £65,000 a year for life.
Not when we leave.
confused.com
Has to be said that the house of Lords has no place in a democracy. Why do they believe their opinions are any more valid than me or anyone else on this forum. Ditch a second chamber and let the elected government get on with their job and the opposition get on with theirs. Can't believe we pay these pompus arses 300 a day
Malabus
confused.com wrote:Has to be said that the house of Lords has no place in a democracy. Why do they believe their opinions are any more valid than me or anyone else on this forum. Ditch a second chamber and let the elected government get on with their job and the opposition get on with theirs. Can't believe we pay these pompus arses 300 a day

300 notes just to quickly show ones face and leave. People accept this? This establishment needs to be torned down and rebuilt under supervision from no left wing loony.
confused.com
Just torn down will do me
Red Duke
Malabus wrote:
confused.com wrote:Has to be said that the house of Lords has no place in a democracy. Why do they believe their opinions are any more valid than me or anyone else on this forum. Ditch a second chamber and let the elected government get on with their job and the opposition get on with theirs. Can't believe we pay these pompus arses 300 a day

300 notes just to quickly show ones face and leave. People accept this? This establishment needs to be torned down and rebuilt under supervision from no left wing loony.
This is not a new story. It has been going for decades. Why bother reporting it now?
Malabus
Red Duke wrote:
Malabus wrote:

This is not a new story. It has been going for decades. Why bother reporting it now?
In all fairness it's all related to the thread topic.
confused.com
Red Duke wrote:
Malabus wrote:

Mal mentioned House of L in his OP, so I feel completely justified in responding. If you have a problem, just read and ignore, no need for irrelevant comments tbh
Red Duke
I was referring to £300 /day and not to the relevance of the Lords.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Fully agree the Lords needs to be reformed.

Scrapping it and replacing with an elected chamber based purely on PR. So then UKIP, Greens, etc would at least get some of the parliamentary members their vote share deserves.
confused.com
Only problem with PR is that a half organised political party can organise it's support to vote correctly and very very few actually vote further than their own first pick, unless they have more than one candidate from same party standing
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
confused.com wrote:Only problem with PR is that a half organised political party can organise it's support to vote correctly and very very few actually vote further than their own first pick, unless they have more than one candidate from same party standing
I said PR, not AR. Still only one pick, and only one candidate per party per constituency. Keep it simple.

So in Cheltenham Alex Chalk was elected as MP to represent the town in the Commons. And Tories won the Commons majority.

All of the votes from the town are also combined with all the votes nationally. If across the country Conservatives get 30% of the vote, they choose 30% of the second chamber.

Party have to have minimum 1% national share to get a seat.

Second chamber has 100 seats, to prevent one party having too big a majority.