The great vile EU threats.

WARNING: This section may contain jokes or topics of an offensive nature.
Recommended for over 18's only. Send Admin a PM to request exclusion.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Malabus
About this mysterious fee about leaving the shitting system. They are threatening £60 billion leaving fee and for what and why don't we say we ain't paying or better still every British person that died for liberating these EU states we charge a billion sterling.

Sick and tire of the EU corruption from the top, vicious spiteful statements and threats that will back fire.

Now you know why the intelligent amongst ticked LEAVE.
asl
I wonder how many of those intelligent ones are thinking "Hmm...the Leave campaign never mentioned this possibility...they just said we'd walk away, be able to negotiate new trade deals to our advantage without an issue, scrap all those pesky European rules like the working time directive and other things that help stop employers taking advantage, give all the money we save to the NHS, have our cake and eat it. They never mentioned it might actually be a bit more tricky or that Europe might play hard-ball and insist on payments to leave the community or to trade within the single market or accept free-movement principles."

Maybe they're thinking "Can you ask me that original question, again...?"
Malabus
asl wrote:I wonder how many of those intelligent ones are thinking "Hmm...the Leave campaign never mentioned this possibility...they just said we'd walk away, be able to negotiate new trade deals to our advantage without an issue, scrap all those pesky European rules like the working time directive and other things that help stop employers taking advantage, give all the money we save to the NHS, have our cake and eat it. They never mentioned it might actually be a bit more tricky or that Europe might play hard-ball and insist on payments to leave the community or to trade within the single market or accept free-movement principles."

Maybe they're thinking "Can you ask me that original question, again...?"
You seem a bit foolish for voting remain, the reason for this rant it seems.

All will come to light when the negotiations start and during the progression.
kora
This has been the situation since we joined so why complain about it now. The leavers did manage to evade the point during the campaign though, a bit naughty.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Once Article 50 happens we leave in two years. What we have to pay or concede is subject to negotiation. If we can't agree after two years we leave with no agreement and WTO rules. Out of our hands now as citizens and over to the EU leaders (unelected) and May and her team (also unelected!!).

Everyone who voted knew this is the case! And if they did not then it is a flaw in democracy.
asl
I voted to remain. However, I'm also of the opinion that, as the majority of those who voted said to Leave, we should get on with it and suffer the consequences. Who knows? Maybe we'll make a great success of it. Unfortunately, the answer is that nobody knows - and that's my problem: 32% (or whatever the figure is) of the country voted to spin the wheel and take that giant leap into the dark. Fine if it's only them - but, unfortunately, they're happy to take that risk with *my* future, too.

This notion of a second referendum to ratify the terms of the exit deal is clearly nonsensical: how would it work if it was voted down? We'd be 'negotiating' for the next hundred years!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Too many Remoaners been too complacent about our failed society for too long.

Government, media and corporations have been pursuing division and inequality for their own financial gain for decades. Yet anyone who questioned MPs shady finances, Murdoch bribing PMs or corporations avoiding tax and driving down wages called a lefty loony. Where else would struggling businesses and struggling families turn to when policy makers benefit from their demise?

Many people voted Leave due to genuine hardships in modern feudal Britain. Yes, you could question if immigrants/EU was the right cause of those hardships (evidence shows it is not) but you can't deny the hardship.

Just a shame for those facing hardships that Leave resulted in the most feudal and inequality pursuing government since the 1800s, who will only make the lives of the masses even harder.

Most of society probably won't care. TVs, lager, chicken nuggets and Primark will be the same price after Brexit/May, regardless of how many businesses close or move, or how many families May forces out of B&Bs on to park benches.
confused.com
ASL don't come at us with working conditions etc etc, the majority of which were active in UK long before the EU. What kind of lunacy is it that thinks laws developed by UK governments will be destroyed. Re the 60 billion as RCS says all in the negotiation and as my grandmother used to say, you can't get feathers off a frog. We are leaving, live with it and get on with it or are you going to carp on about it until your dying day? Maybe you should join up with that nice man Tony and tell us al we were stupid last June and give us another go! Oh wait the man who lied to us about Iraq, who lied about doing secret deals with the IRA. Yep he has a fine track record
confused.com
RCS and they still have not learnt their lesson. You only have to watch their demonisation of pres trump. No matter what you may think of him, it is the establishment and the resenting off it that got him were. He is. But Tey just don't get it as they print the papers and do thier newscasts, roll out te usual educated experts etc etc
confused.com
ASL just as you spun the wheel and voted to stay having no idea what the EU would look like in 5, 10 years time. Absolutely no difference. Apart from the fact that if we f#!$ it up its our own fault, not greece, Italy, Romania etc
confused.com
Dodgy 4g on train made me post twice if I knew how to delete this one I would lol