MayDup government confirmed

WARNING: This section may contain jokes or topics of an offensive nature.
Recommended for over 18's only. Send Admin a PM to request exclusion.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Circa 1887
Fair enough.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Looks like the Linfield DUP branch of the DUP turned out in force for the Champions League minnows round match vs Celtic last night:

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40581146" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
confused.com
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Looks like the Linfield DUP branch of the DUP turned out in force for the Champions League minnows round match vs Celtic last night:

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40581146" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It seems the agreement between the Conservatives and the DUP (an elected political body), seems to so angered you that you seem determined to drag it in to any issue. Please explain how the violence at a football match has anything to do with the DUP ? I am presuming your logic is that DUP majority supporters are Protestant, majority of Linfield supporters are Protestant, QED the DUP MP's were throwing missiles? Members of the DUP were throwing missiles ?
I hope you therefore attribute any and all crimes to the political parties the perpetrators may or may not support ? No you don't, because you are by definition an intolerant bigot.

I myself would look upon the Labour parties support for those who kill citizens in the UK and members of the UK security forces, as slightly more reprehensible to not supporting abortion or same sex marriage. But hey ho that's only my view of morality. You seem to think it is so the worst evil ever - hence your stupid remark in Handmaidens tale thread.
I used the term labour parties support, because I was applying your logic, if more than on person has done it, the whole party has done it (Corbyn and Abbot). It also covers yours and your fav friends the Guardians declaring the DUP denies climate change. One of the MP's holds that view, not the party.
You really need to get off your left wing bandwagon. IMHO fair play to the DUP, they managed to get more money for NI, NOT the DUP. The got us all the triple lock pension, they got us all winter fuel allowance. What exactly is your problem with that ? You rant on as if they got £1bn in their back pocket !!! They have just as much say as to where it is spent as SF or Alliance do. You seem to prefer to ignore this.
PR or any other alternative forms of election, will usually give you hung parliaments and thats when the horse trading starts. Just ask a student who the lib dems bargained away Uni fees.

I hope to God that Mr Chalk uses any powers of persuasion he has, to get some money spent here, no doubt that would be met with your ire. No more spending monies in marginals by either party, we will not be held ransom by Stoke LOL. Take a look at yourself man.

Then you hoist your standard for minorities, bless the oxbridge elite that is St Diane. I would argue that the most victimised and forgotten people in this country over the last 40 years are those that you pour scorn on regularly. Be in no doubt, the UK government would have left the IRA to murder and destroy at will, if they had kept their activities to just the Unionist population of NI. They like you listen to MP's and give some defacto belief that if goats have beards anyone with a beard is a goat, so deserves what they get.

For a man of intelligence, I fail for the life of me to see how you leave reality and facts behind, to trot out bigoted rubbish. Just because it is in the Guardian does not make it right. Some may argue it could mean the reverse. You complain about SKY, Fox etc, teh Guardian is not different and no better. It has its own agenda and writes to that agenda
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
TLDR.
Circa 1887
Great post, Confused.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
confused.com wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Looks like the Linfield DUP branch of the DUP turned out in force for the Champions League minnows round match vs Celtic last night:

It seems the agreement between the Conservatives and the DUP (an elected political body), seems to so angered you that you seem determined to drag it in to any issue. Please explain how the violence at a football match has anything to do with the DUP ? I am presuming your logic is that DUP majority supporters are Protestant, majority of Linfield supporters are Protestant, QED the DUP MP's were throwing missiles? Members of the DUP were throwing missiles ?
I hope you therefore attribute any and all crimes to the political parties the perpetrators may or may not support ? No you don't, because you are by definition an intolerant bigot.

I myself would look upon the Labour parties support for those who kill citizens in the UK and members of the UK security forces, as slightly more reprehensible to not supporting abortion or same sex marriage. But hey ho that's only my view of morality. You seem to think it is so the worst evil ever - hence your stupid remark in Handmaidens tale thread.
I used the term labour parties support, because I was applying your logic, if more than on person has done it, the whole party has done it (Corbyn and Abbot). It also covers yours and your fav friends the Guardians declaring the DUP denies climate change. One of the MP's holds that view, not the party.
You really need to get off your left wing bandwagon. IMHO fair play to the DUP, they managed to get more money for NI, NOT the DUP. The got us all the triple lock pension, they got us all winter fuel allowance. What exactly is your problem with that ? You rant on as if they got £1bn in their back pocket !!! They have just as much say as to where it is spent as SF or Alliance do. You seem to prefer to ignore this.
PR or any other alternative forms of election, will usually give you hung parliaments and thats when the horse trading starts. Just ask a student who the lib dems bargained away Uni fees.

I hope to God that Mr Chalk uses any powers of persuasion he has, to get some money spent here, no doubt that would be met with your ire. No more spending monies in marginals by either party, we will not be held ransom by Stoke LOL. Take a look at yourself man.

Then you hoist your standard for minorities, bless the oxbridge elite that is St Diane. I would argue that the most victimised and forgotten people in this country over the last 40 years are those that you pour scorn on regularly. Be in no doubt, the UK government would have left the IRA to murder and destroy at will, if they had kept their activities to just the Unionist population of NI. They like you listen to MP's and give some defacto belief that if goats have beards anyone with a beard is a goat, so deserves what they get.

For a man of intelligence, I fail for the life of me to see how you leave reality and facts behind, to trot out bigoted rubbish. Just because it is in the Guardian does not make it right. Some may argue it could mean the reverse. You complain about SKY, Fox etc, teh Guardian is not different and no better. It has its own agenda and writes to that agenda
Was just a joke about nutjobs at the footy match throwing bottles at footballers just because they have a bit of green on their shirt. Of course I don't actually think the DUP was anything to do with it. As for scorn, I will always pour scorn on any group who do stupid things in the name of religion or culture, whether Muslim, Buddhist, Christian or whatever.

If the power sharing can be restarted then SF and Alliance will be involved in spending the cash. Until then Westminster civil servants are making decisions for NI.

As for the Guardian I am aware of their agenda and disagree with a lot of it; mainly their London/middle class focus, anti-war agenda, anti-internet censorship agenda and anti-free market agenda. A lot of pie in the sky poncey nonsense.

I don't complain about Sky News - the best during the election campaigning. Which is why I hope the CMA don't allow Murdoch/Fox to take it over.
confused.com
Sorry RCS your constant sniping lays bare your 'it's just a joke' claim. You drag the DUP argument into any thread or story you can. The atmosphere for this match was stoked uup as soon as the draw was made, when ex celtic player Joe miller went to press explaining nobody should go to Windsor park as he was targeted for violence when he played there. The facts show he had never played there in his life! But that doesn't make the left agenda.
As for SF and direct rule etc, what part of you thinks that SF want NI to be a success?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
confused.com wrote:Sorry RCS your constant sniping lays bare your 'it's just a joke' claim. You drag the DUP argument into any thread or story you can. The atmosphere for this match was stoked uup as soon as the draw was made, when ex celtic player Joe miller went to press explaining nobody should go to Windsor park as he was targeted for violence when he played there. The facts show he had never played there in his life! But that doesn't make the left agenda.
As for SF and direct rule etc, what part of you thinks that SF want NI to be a success?
I think SF do want success - just that their view of success differs from that of you or I.

Interesting that nationalist parties had more than 50% vote share on June 8th.

I just hope it gets sorted out. Unfortunately, with both SF and DUP being thugs in suits it is looking unlikely an agreement will be found.
confused.com
They want no part of NI to be a success, only a fool would think otherwise! June vote I believe was highlighted by all unionist parties in the general election as a kick in the ass for unionist voters to engage and it seems they did.
Fail to see how could can equate the DUP with SF, indeed how you can equate ant political party with SF. Can't think of any other prty that contains terrorists or suports terrorisim. The forgotten are still forgotten because SF won't release details as to where they are.
You obviously have a very narrow view of NI politics. Being married to a Armagh catholic, she and her family vote DUP for their stance on education, abortion, same sex marriage and not wasting money on the Irish language agenda
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
confused.com wrote:They want no part of NI to be a success, only a fool would think otherwise!
They want NI to unite with Ireland. Whilst not necessarily a success in the eyes of you and me, it would be a success in the eyes of SF and their voters.

Are you denying the DUP ever had any links or shared platforms with the UVF, UDA, or that they didn't arrange any Ulster Resistance events where Ian Paisely played a prominent role.

I personally couldn't give two hoots what happens as I am completely neutral. As long as there is peace and an end to paramilitary activity and segregation then I am happy.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
confused.com wrote: You obviously have a very narrow view of NI politics. Being married to a Armagh catholic, she and her family vote DUP for their stance on education, abortion, same sex marriage and not wasting money on the Irish language agenda
About time these religious fundamentals adopted and integrated into British culture, value and laws.

I am all for religious freedoms and beliefs but feel that human rights and equality should take precedent. Same way by law one cannot discriminate against someone on the basis of their religion, one should not be able to use religion as an excuse to discriminate against others.

And sorry to say your wife and family's views seem to be more in the minority: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/ ... orm-survey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
confused.com
So as to save RCS having to post how people object to a team just because they wear green LOL http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-40788465" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Yup, IRA nutters by the look of it. Both sides in the NI conflict as bad as each other as I have always said. On a level with the neo-Nazi football hooligans seen in Eastern Europe.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Some more scum behaviour from the Celtic IRA (after provocation from UK neo-Nazi Tommy Robinson).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... Rigby.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

At least it won't be too long until Europe doesn't need to worry about their fans this season :D
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
confused.com wrote:They want no part of NI to be a success, only a fool would think otherwise! June vote I believe was highlighted by all unionist parties in the general election as a kick in the ass for unionist voters to engage and it seems they did.
Fail to see how could can equate the DUP with SF, indeed how you can equate ant political party with SF. Can't think of any other prty that contains terrorists or suports terrorisim. The forgotten are still forgotten because SF won't release details as to where they are.
You obviously have a very narrow view of NI politics. Being married to a Armagh catholic, she and her family vote DUP for their stance on education, abortion, same sex marriage and not wasting money on the Irish language agenda
Looks like the tide is turning against the anti-human rights DUP and other discriminatory Unionists judging by this research from Liverpool University Institute of Irish Studies https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... ants-study" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

This quote sums up the need for politicians to get with the times:

"I don’t feel I have any real choice when it comes to voting in elections,” he says. “I am a unionist, I am socially liberal, I believe in equality but who can I vote for?

By opposing equality the DUP are discarding and ignoring people like myself who want to remain in the UK, inside a multicultural, tolerant society. My sister is 17 and will soon be of voting age. She asks me all the time who can she vote for if she is pro-union but believes in treating people equally. What do I tell her?”
confused.com
One person is a tide. Must remeber that one lol
confused.com
As for anti human rights, those who fought for real human rights would laugh at your comparison. Hardly the greatesy breach of human rights to not be allowed a same sex civil marriage. Especially as hetrosexual couples are denied the same right!!