Record fine for Google

WARNING: This section may contain jokes or topics of an offensive nature.
Recommended for over 18's only. Send Admin a PM to request exclusion.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Google fined over £2 billion by the EU for distorting/fixing the retail market and blocking access to the retail market for businesses looking to sell their products (even good innovative businesses), reducing competition and choice for consumers.

A decision heralded by free-market campaigners like myself.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-40406542" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Time to end market failure and market fixing; fine and break-up the market rigging monopolies.
ctfc-fan
Think they got this wrong. If you go to Google you want to find something in as least clicks as you can. If they match a product you're searching for then they show it at the top of the page and you find it quickly = happy customer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
ctfc-fan wrote:Think they got this wrong. If you go to Google you want to find something in as least clicks as you can. If they match a product you're searching for then they show it at the top of the page and you find it quickly = happy customer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This isn't Soviet Russia where one company or government chooses what products a customer can access.

Think of the thousands of dynamic and good businesses who are being blocked from the market, and customers who are blocked from being able to access them.

You may be happy with Google promoting a limited choice and for 'happy customers' to be ripped off and denied choice, but free-marketeers would like to see consumers be able to access the best products for the best prices.