Register    Login    Search    FAQ



CTFC.com Official Site Cheltenham Town FC 500 Club

Other Useful Links:     Leo's Blog    Robins Trust    CTFC Chatter    Football Ground Guide    This is Gloucestershire    News Now    CTFC History Site

Board index » THE NEST » NON FOOTY/JOKES ETC




 Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 



Author Message
 Post subject: Back
 Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017, 00:18 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 27 Sep 2010, 14:02
Posts: 8611
Location: Cheltenhamshire
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Mitchell and Webb fronted comedy series that's been on 4 for a few weeks. Set in Stroud. Represents them up there quite well, right down to the mad old sod in a balaclava beating up a chavvy yokel...erm, local...with a baseball bat in a Nailsworth car park...


Top  Share on FacebookShare on Twitter
 Post subject: Re: Back
 Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017, 07:30 
Online
User avatar

Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 04:27
Posts: 15715
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
Not seen it but will check it out.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Back
 Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017, 11:18 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 27 Sep 2010, 14:02
Posts: 8611
Location: Cheltenhamshire
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Be warned, it's got some pretty fruity language.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Back
 Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017, 12:32 
Online
User avatar

Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 04:27
Posts: 15715
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
Shade wrote:
Be warned, it's got some pretty fruity language.


No warning needed - I'm not easily offended.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Back
 Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017, 12:59 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 27 Sep 2010, 14:02
Posts: 8611
Location: Cheltenhamshire
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Neither am I but some people I might occasionally watch TV with are.


Top 
 Post subject: Back
 Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017, 13:26 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 13:26
Posts: 11505
Location: The Death Star.
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 0 time
Good programme, but the back drop in scenes doesn’t indicate that it’s filmed in Stroud, looks like Dursley.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Back
 Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017, 17:13 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 27 Sep 2010, 14:02
Posts: 8611
Location: Cheltenhamshire
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Can't find where it was actually filmed, but they've mentioned a few times that their pub, the John Barleycorn, is in Stroud and that they were meeting someone in a car park in Nailsworth as well.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Back
 Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017, 00:27 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 13:26
Posts: 11505
Location: The Death Star.
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 0 time
Shade wrote:
Can't find where it was actually filmed, but they've mentioned a few times that their pub, the John Barleycorn, is in Stroud and that they were meeting someone in a car park in Nailsworth as well.


Yes, that was mentioned at the pork scratching factory and in the pasty shop. The scenes in the shopping areas isn’t that of Stroud.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Back
 Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017, 18:19 
Online
User avatar

Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 04:27
Posts: 15715
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
Just watching now. The first scene with Mitchell is in Stroud, with the old Market Traders pub in the background and a vacant grand building which is now the Stroud Ale House. Walked up and down to that establishment a few times over the summer.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Back
 Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017, 19:17 
Online
User avatar

Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 04:27
Posts: 15715
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
High street with the bookshop is Stroud - shop is owned by a chap called Mike. Been trading for years.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Back
 Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017, 23:13 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 13:26
Posts: 11505
Location: The Death Star.
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 0 time
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Just watching now. The first scene with Mitchell is in Stroud, with the old Market Traders pub in the background and a vacant grand building which is now the Stroud Ale House. Walked up and down to that establishment a few times over the summer.
So it must be Stroud if you recognise the buildings.

Sent from my Lenovo TB2-X30F using Tapatalk


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Back
 Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017, 23:22 
Online
User avatar

Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 04:27
Posts: 15715
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
Malabus wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Just watching now. The first scene with Mitchell is in Stroud, with the old Market Traders pub in the background and a vacant grand building which is now the Stroud Ale House. Walked up and down to that establishment a few times over the summer.
So it must be Stroud if you recognise the buildings.

Sent from my Lenovo TB2-X30F using Tapatalk


I have only seen ep 1 and 2 so can’t vouch for later episodes.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Back
 Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017, 00:17 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 13:26
Posts: 11505
Location: The Death Star.
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 0 time
I've just started ep5, great series.


Top 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
 Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 




Board index » THE NEST » NON FOOTY/JOKES ETC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: RegencyCheltenhamSpa and 7 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

cron