and the next one please

WARNING: This section may contain jokes or topics of an offensive nature.
Recommended for over 18's only. Send Admin a PM to request exclusion.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

confused.com
Relieved to see the luvvies have found another # to get worked up about. Metoo. How about not working for them after such trauma?

Add to the list
#blacklives matter
#impeachtrump
#takethe knee
#metoo

Paddy power should do a book on how long this one lasts and what is the next one
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Me too isn't just for artists. Providing a platform for ordinary women and girls to highlight their experiences.

If thousands of UK women and girls saying 'me too' annoys you so much, I suggest you blame the perpetrators rather than victims!
confused.com
Sad indictment of the celeb infatuated culture. That they need a hash tag to speak out. Go to the police instead of making random claims on social media. Who policies this to confirm any or wht portion of yoour thousands is accurate and not false? Society has ways of dealing with crimes, so use them. The term thousands is easily thrown around. Report it and stop it happening to others,
Shade
Sexist. Tom Jones can say #metoo as well.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
confused.com wrote:Sad indictment of the celeb infatuated culture. That they need a hash tag to speak out. Go to the police instead of making random claims on social media. Who policies this to confirm any or wht portion of yoour thousands is accurate and not false? Society has ways of dealing with crimes, so use them. The term thousands is easily thrown around. Report it and stop it happening to others,
The whole point of the #MeToo is to encourage people o speak up and report it. Many people are sharing things for the first time, including people I know/am aquatinted with.

You dismiss the psychological and engrained reasons why so many people don't report incidents, now something has grown up to offer support for then to speak up and you want them to be quiet.

Dismissing victims... blaming them for not reporting it... telling them to pipe down when they are finally able to share.. nice.

Obviously, as you say, hashtags alone won't solve the problems in society, however this one is raising awareness which is the first step.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Data and insight on barriers to reporting and the impact #MeToo is having:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/ ... -minefield" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
confused.com
would love to know what that study took as sexual harrassment, for 50% of women to say they were vicrims. I have asked in my friends and family circle and not one person has felt they have been sexually harrassed. I suppose if some see put an arm round someones shoulders then they have been. But in saying that, I do that to plenty of male friends and colleagues so is that sexual harrassment ?
not trivialiasing it, but it is not something that should be gauged by twitter 'likes'.

Are the diet coke adverts a form of sexual harrassment ? not physical but mental ?
It must just be me, bit I lisrened to some woman on teh radio describe, how she stood on a train, let a man dry hump her ass and ejacualte all pver her. she did not say anything or report it because she 'had a busy schedule that day'. Now it seems she was so abused by it that years later she is on twitter and in the radio. Who is to say it ever happened and if it did , who would stand on a train and let someone doe it without telling them to fvck off or at the very least moving? Let alonbe reporting it to the police.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ah I see. People you know have told you nothing has happened to them so woman on the radio must be making it up.
asl
How many people have grown up with Carry On films showing you that that's how you behave...?
confused.com
RCS, what on earth are you on about? One comment was relating to the survey finding that 50% of women had experienced sexual harassment. Nothing to do with the lady on the radio. My comment re the lady on the train was made to highlight a) her reasons for not reporting the crime when it happened b) her reluctance to either say something or at the very least move. If you choose to link the two comments that is entirely up to you.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
To try and fill your knowledge and empathy void, here is a first hand account of why someone has not reported the times they have been harassed on public transport: https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... -transport" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
One of my friends and former colleagues was harassed by a manager in a former organisation I worked for. She was put on performance review because she wouldn't go for a drink with him, amongst other things. After ten years of being a great employee she left. After a rather insipid HR enquiry he stayed. Me and several others left. Eventually, after two more complaints to HR from other women he was given the chop. Now works in the civil service for government and my friend hasn't worked in research since after a bout of depression and anxiety. As things like this are deemed as a HR matter not criminal he is free to keep doing it. Having left an interim job under a cloud it is likely he has and will. If #MeToo encourages victims to speak up and employers take it more seriously that's a good thing in my view.
confused.com
Jesus I am not debating that it doesn't happen! Give the articles stats half of your female colleagues wil have similar tales to tell, that is what I am dubious of. Will read your articale later. But for every sadly true story with what could be deemed a valid reason for no action, there is not defaco a relationship to the numbers of twitter warriors. There are help grouups out there who will always listen. Surely best to use those at the time than take to twitter years later?
confused.com
I take it none of your 'amongst other things' was covered by any criminal tort? Laying your hand on someone anywhere on their body, can be reported if it is against your will.
Why have you not named the person reponsible in your recounting of the event. Could it be fear of legal retribution?
As I have said. I am not attempting to trivialise anything or lack empathy. Just this insesant need to hash tag every event and give free reign to any accusation. Such as the sick people who post pics of alledged missing victims after every terrorist attack or natural disaster.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Men and women surveyed on their experiences:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41741615" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
confused.com
Fearing I may be out of step and living in a bubble, I decided at the tail end of that week, to get an independent female counsellor into my company for half a day, to address the female staff and have any follow up 1:1 they wished to have. On this issue. Of a staff of 42 I have 18 skilled intelligent females. In my follow up after the half day the feedback was that 2 had had experience of this (not in my company - hasten to add). This just added to my concerns over such stories of 50% which I see from your post has been repeated. The feedback was so positive from the staff we have now broadened out to both sexes and holding similar every 6 months. Of course maybe only 2 wanted to voice their experiences in private, but 15 took up the offer of 1:1 sessions with the counsellor. They discussed a variety of issues that impact us all, debt, relationships etc etc. So feel confident being sexually harassed would have been discussed. All in all a thought provoking thread
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Interesting Confused.com and cheers for sharing. A good approach, and one which in my previous role of sustainable supply chain development would certainly have scored you highly in worker treatment elements of the assessment tool we developed.

Two out of 15, so around 13% disclosed back to you. Not as bad as the 50% headline but a worrying statistic!
asl
"...broadened out to both sexes" Hee! Now that's guaranteed to trigger someone!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
There are only two sexes (plus people born with both or no genitalia). I think you are mixing up sex (biological) with gender, the latter of which sees individual identify with a whole range of.
Shade
I don't think he is.
Malabus
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:There are only two sexes (plus people born with both or no genitalia). I think you are mixing up sex (biological) with gender, the latter of which sees individual identify with a whole range of.
Nothing about genitals...it’s about estrogen and testosterone.