Going to the loo in lessons

WARNING: This section may contain jokes or topics of an offensive nature.
Recommended for over 18's only. Send Admin a PM to request exclusion.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Missrobin
I teach year 2 and don't let children go to the toilet during lessons? Would you have a problem if it was your child?
Shade
Is a lesson still an hour at that age? I'd say yes if they obviously need to go, shuffling round in the seat, etc! - if they ask, aren't allowed to go but then have an accident I'd be pretty annoyed...but then maybe no in the first half hour but yes in the second half an hour?
Missrobin
2 hours is the longest they go without a break. Today a girl asked coming in from lunch and held until hometime as I refused.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Is this a joke thread.

If it is too disruptive having them asking all the time maybe have a designated break in the middle of long lessons which is the only time they are allowed to go. Teaches them to hold it in and also telling the time and time management.
confused.com
I was hoping this thread was just a joke, seems it may not be. Exactly how old is year 2? If anything less than c9, I as a parent would be most pi55ed off (pardon the pun), if my children at that age, were denied the ability to go to the toilet when they needed to. Note, not when they wanted to, but when they needed to.
Pity your children when they need to go to the toilet on , say, a two hour road trip. What will happen, pull over at services or just let them do it in the car, followed by a stern lecture on it is a good lesson for them to learn?

Would be interesting to know if you teach in state or private education. I have my suspicions.....
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
confused.com wrote:I was hoping this thread was just a joke, seems it may not be. Exactly how old is year 2? If anything less than c9, I as a parent would be most pi55ed off (pardon the pun), if my children at that age, were denied the ability to go to the toilet when they needed to. Note, not when they wanted to, but when they needed to.
Pity your children when they need to go to the toilet on , say, a two hour road trip. What will happen, pull over at services or just let them do it in the car, followed by a stern lecture on it is a good lesson for them to learn?

Would be interesting to know if you teach in state or private education. I have my suspicions.....
Better not be Berkhampstead. One of the classrooms probably still not recovered from a 5 year old RCS peeing himself. Had been waiting/queueing 20 mins for my turn in the play corner and need to pre, but didn't want to lose my place in the queue so held it in until too late.

Had a teacher made it clear I could have left the queue and returned to the same place rather than the back and/or I wouldn't have missed my turn it wouldn't have happened.
confused.com
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
confused.com wrote:I was hoping this thread was just a joke, seems it may not be. Exactly how old is year 2? If anything less than c9, I as a parent would be most pi55ed off (pardon the pun), if my children at that age, were denied the ability to go to the toilet when they needed to. Note, not when they wanted to, but when they needed to.

Better not be Berkhampstead. One of the classrooms probably still not recovered from a 5 year old RCS peeing himself. Had been waiting/queueing 20 mins for my turn in the play corner and need to pre, but didn't want to lose my place in the queue so held it in until too late.

Had a teacher made it clear I could have left the queue and returned to the same place rather than the back and/or I wouldn't have missed my turn it wouldn't have happened.
Ah Berkstinkers ! You needed that lesson in time management and task prioritisation. It does seem to have expanded somewhat over the years, so the unacceptable wait for the play corner, should now have been addressed. Often wondered how that place survived given the economies of scale. However, good to see it is expanding and feeding rounded children into the next level of education.
Si Robin
Year 2 is my son's age, so 6/7 years old.

Frankly, stopping a child going to toilet, when they need to, is tantamount to torture as far as I'm concerned, and whilst I get they have break time and lunchtime, the fact remains that when you've got to go, you've got to go. I do find that some teachers seem to have a cynical view of children that they are always trying to mess around or waste time.

Last year at the Tewkesbury Primary Schools athletics tournament I witnessed my (then) 9 year old absolutely bursting for the loo and everytime he tried to grab his teacher's attention he was immediately shoo-shooed away. He tried about 5 times in a few mins and the teacher couldn't be more dismissive. It got to the point where I actually had to walk across the track to where his school group were sat and actually pull him away myself because if he'd been forced to wait any longer he would have wet himself in front of hundreds of people. It also resulted in a complaint to his school and an apology being provided. But it shouldn't have had to get to that.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Well done for good observation and taking action Si!
confused.com
The dumbing down of the teaching profession is a scandal imho. We have mothers doing a few stints as an assistant now becoming defacto teachers, people teaching who are not trained teachers, teachers teaching subjects of which they have little knowledge. It can be a coincidence that we are churning out kids ill prepared for the work place.
Private schools don't really need to pay much in the way of advertising, state schools do it all for them.
Ralph
Si Robin wrote:Year 2 is my son's age, so 6/7 years old.

Frankly, stopping a child going to toilet, when they need to, is tantamount to torture as far as I'm concerned, and whilst I get they have break time and lunchtime, the fact remains that when you've got to go, you've got to go. I do find that some teachers seem to have a cynical view of children that they are always trying to mess around or waste time.

Last year at the Tewkesbury Primary Schools athletics tournament I witnessed my (then) 9 year old absolutely bursting for the loo and everytime he tried to grab his teacher's attention he was immediately shoo-shooed away. He tried about 5 times in a few mins and the teacher couldn't be more dismissive. It got to the point where I actually had to walk across the track to where his school group were sat and actually pull him away myself because if he'd been forced to wait any longer he would have wet himself in front of hundreds of people. It also resulted in a complaint to his school and an apology being provided. But it shouldn't have had to get to that.
And this is the problem in the school system today. Teachers doing their job and yet apologies have to be provided for the slightest thing. :lol:
Never happened when i was a kid. you learned how to hold on.
Shade
Meh, I just wazzed against the classroom wall when I wasn't able to go. I was only about 4 though...and I never did it again (in daylight) after my mum was told...I didn't sit down for a couple of days, either.
Malabus
Most high school education is false. They still teach kids that the earth is global when it has never been proven. We live on a flat earth.

Sent from my Lenovo TB2-X30F using Tapatalk
Johnsons Red Army
Malabus wrote:Most high school education is false. They still teach kids that the earth is global when it has never been proven. We live on a flat earth.

:lol:
asl
I've seen a lot of flat earth conspiracy theories lately, for some reason (usually in the comments on some science article about one of the flurry of space exploration missions that have come to fruition, lately) and the thing that never gets explained by the nutters is WHY NASA and all the World's governments and airlines (they have to be involved in order to trick people into thinking you can fly East OR west to reach a destination) have gone to the time and expense to 'perpetuate the myth' that the Earth is a globe? What possible benefit do they get from it?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I always assume most flat earthers are wums, or at least use the issue as a metaphorical symbol of why not to believe what 'they' tell you.

Of the few that genuinely believe it. Would be a good experiment to scan some of their brains when alive and cut their brain open when dead. Must be something in their to explain why they think the earth is flat. A yet undiscovered mental illness or brain disease I imagine.
Malabus
asl wrote:I've seen a lot of flat earth conspiracy theories lately, for some reason (usually in the comments on some science article about one of the flurry of space exploration missions that have come to fruition, lately) and the thing that never gets explained by the nutters is WHY NASA and all the World's governments and airlines (they have to be involved in order to trick people into thinking you can fly East OR west to reach a destination) have gone to the time and expense to 'perpetuate the myth' that the Earth is a globe? What possible benefit do they get from it?
Because science would lose its influence and control, then religion would replace it as the flat earth is in the core of the many beliefs. There would be millions of job loses and the global economy would take unreversed beating. Imagine how much NASA would lose regarding funding e.t.c.

Plenty of erudite videos regarding the subject on YouTube to view with a open mind Here is one of the many : https://youtu.be/C1DsMTwEX54" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We are told lies from the global elitists from the moment we enter the deplorable educational system.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Flat earth is at the core of many religions? Downright offensive to religious people!
Malabus
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Flat earth is at the core of many religions? Downright offensive to religious people!
Do your Google searches and research the truth.

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Malabus wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Flat earth is at the core of many religions? Downright offensive to religious people!

I can't. Some uniformed lizards came and stole my computer and the Greys have taken me to the mothership. Good news though is we are on the way to the film studio where they filmed the moon landings and 9-11 so might be able access Google there.
Malabus
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Malabus wrote:

I can't. Some uniformed lizards came and stole my computer and the Greys have taken me to the mothership. Good news though is we are on the way to the film studio where they filmed the moon landings and 9-11 so might be able access Google there.
The global elitists have destroy you. You cannot be reasoned with, you are a victim of their lies.

You are a victim of the educational system.
asl
Is Nibiru a flat disk, too, Mal...? Will it crash into disk-Earth liken intergalactic game of air-hockey...?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Wonder how thick the earth disc is. People have dug beneath the oceans and not popped out the underside of the earth yet, whatever that looks like. I assume the bottom of the earth is a big tank of magma, or are volcanoes made up scientists as well? And as for how it is night in Australia when day time here and the Ashes will in their summer and our winter....must be a big disc. Maybe scientists use big mirrors and things to create the illusion of seasons.

Still, no wonder my satnav always takes me to the wrong address, the blasted thing is using GPS triangulation designed for a spherical world.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Took Mal's advice and did some research online. I used the real internet controlled by Mercer, Bannon and Farage rather than the fake internet normal people use. This highly technical analysis convinced me of the truth:

Malabus
asl wrote:Is Nibiru a flat disk, too, Mal...? Will it crash into disk-Earth liken intergalactic game of air-hockey...?
Pseudoscience......? Whilst there is solid evidence for a flat earth.

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Comedy gold.
Shade
This all reminds me of a scene from It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia

Mac: Now, this is all about making myself credible in your eyes again, and I'm gonna do that by admitting that evolution... is a lie!
Frank: God damn you, Mac!
Dennis: Yes, please do, Mac.
Mac: Now, as you can see, this is the Evolution Meter. And I've put God, the creator of everything, on the right side. And evolution... on the left. I went ahead and put you guys all on the fence, 'cause of course you're gonna... Actually, no. Let's start where I would start. No matter. I'm righteous. I'm not gonna stand here, present some egghead scientific argument based on fact. I'm just a regular dude. I like to drink beer. You know, I love my family. Rock, flag, and eagle, right, Charlie?
Charlie: He's got a point.
Dennis: No, he doesn't.
Dee: What?!
Mac: See, Charlie? These liberals are trying to assassinate my character. And I can't change their mind. I won't change my mind, 'cause I don't have to. 'Cause I'm an American. I won't change my mind on anything, regardless of the facts that are set out before me. I'm dug in, and I'll never change.
Dennis: Mac, look. You're wasting our time. You're not gonna get us to not believe in evolution.
Mac: And why is that?
Dennis: Because the smartest scientists in the entire world all agree that it's real.
Mac: I'm glad you brought that up, because, Mr. Reynolds, science... is a liar sometimes. (bell tolls)
Dee: Oh, boy.
Mac: This... is Aristotle. Thought to be the smartest man on the planet. He believed that the Earth was the center of the universe, and everybody believed him, because he was so smart. Until another smartest guy came around, Galileo, and he disproved that theory, making Aristotle and everybody else on Earth look like a... bitch. (bell tolls) 'Course, Galileo then thought comets were an optical illusion, and there was no way that the moon could cause the ocean's tides. Everybody believed that because he was so smart. He was also wrong, making him and everyone else on Earth look like a bitch again. And then, best of all... Sir Isaac Newton gets born, and blows everybody's nips off with his big brains. 'Course, he also thought he could turn metal into gold, and died eating mercury, making him yet another stupid... bitch! (drums sound) Are you seeing a pattern? No. Mr. Reynolds, these were all the smartest scientists on the planet. Only problem is, they kept being wrong. Sometimes. (bell tolls)
Dennis: This is insane, you fool.
Mac: I'm a fool because I have more faith in the saints that wrote the Bible?
Dennis: Yeah, because you just read the words of a bunch of guys that you never met, and you just take it on faith that everything they wrote was true.
Mac: Hm. And what makes you think what your scientists are writing is any more truer than my saints?
Dennis: Because there are volumes of proven data. Numbers. You know, figures. Th-There are fossil records.
Mac: Oh, fossil records. Ah! I didn't even think about the fossil records. I guess I'll concede. Oh, wait, uh, one more thing before I do, Mr. Reynolds. Have you seen these fossil records? (bell tolls)
Dennis: Have I... huh?
Mac: Have you pored through the data yourself? The numbers? The figures?
Dennis: Well, no. I'm-- no.
Mac: Oh. Interesting. So let me get this straight, Mr. Reynolds. You get your information from a book written by men you've never met. And you take their words as truth, based on a willingness to believe, a desire to accept, a leap of... of, dare I say it? (laughs) Faith? (bell tolls)
Dennis: Come on, come on. Look, I mean-- I don't even know how I'm supposed to respond to that. (bell tolls) Like... oh, come on. That is a... that's a false equivalency. (bell tolls)
Mac: Just answer the question, Mr. Reynolds.
Dennis: (derisively) Sure. Yeah, okay.
Mac: I rest my case.
Charlie: Well, that got me.
Red Duke
Malabus wrote:
asl wrote:I've seen a lot of flat earth conspiracy theories lately, for some reason (usually in the comments on some science article about one of the flurry of space exploration missions that have come to fruition, lately) and the thing that never gets explained by the nutters is WHY NASA and all the World's governments and airlines (they have to be involved in order to trick people into thinking you can fly East OR west to reach a destination) have gone to the time and expense to 'perpetuate the myth' that the Earth is a globe? What possible benefit do they get from it?
Because science would lose its influence and control, then religion would replace it as the flat earth is in the core of the many beliefs. There would be millions of job loses and the global economy would take unreversed beating. Imagine how much NASA would lose regarding funding e.t.c.

Plenty of erudite videos regarding the subject on YouTube to view with a open mind Here is one of the many : https://youtu.be/C1DsMTwEX54" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We are told lies from the global elitists from the moment we enter the deplorable educational system.
I decided to watch some of the video on the link that Malabus provided.

It was certainly eye-opening.

They claim that in the Flat World that Australasia and South America are separated by a huge distance as they are on opposite sides of the disc.

Their proof is:

1) there are no direct flights between the two continents and the only way is to change flights in the centre.

2) all the flights are towards North America and Europe.

A load of old cobblers!

1) A quick check on Skyscanner shows there are direct flights between Auckland, New Zealand and Santiago Chile.

2) Most flights are in northern hemisphere as there most people live and the greater land mass.

Me thinks Malabus it just a WUM.
Malabus
Red Duke wrote:
Malabus wrote:

I decided to watch some of the video on the link that Malabus provided.

It was certainly eye-opening.

They claim that in the Flat World that Australasia and South America are separated by a huge distance as they are on opposite sides of the disc.

Their proof is:

1) there are no direct flights between the two continents and the only way is to change flights in the centre.

2) all the flights are towards North America and Europe.

A load of old cobblers!

1) A quick check on Skyscanner shows there are direct flights between Auckland, New Zealand and Santiago Chile.

2) Most flights are in northern hemisphere as there most people live and the greater land mass.

Me thinks Malabus it just a WUM.
Comments taken onboard and as usual us flat earthers are always rediculed by the brainwashed in society.
Regarding Skyscanner, can they be believed? afterall they are just a business/company like many more who receive instructions from the elite globalists/bankers.
I just yearn and ask that more of us question our reality and do more research, please Google 'Admiral Richard E Byrd'.
Get out there and ask the real questions haunting your deep sub concious.

Red Duke
Malabus, there is flight leaving Auckland, New Zealand on 22nd November at 05:05 going to Santiago, Chile.

https://www.aucklandairport.co.nz/flights" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Interesting that Mal keeps telling us to Google things yet tells us we can't believe what the big companies controlled by the elites show us online.

Is the classic disinformation tactic which Russia have been amazing at for 25 years. Their policy was if there are two news stories reporting the same incident two different ways then they can't both be true. And if neither are true then how do we know either is?

Posting links to flat earth bonkers he knows is a load of nonsense gives us proof the internet cannot be believed. So when he says Skyscanner cannot be believed, some may start to doubt. And once you doubt everything and dismiss everything you end up electing people like Trump and handing over your money to Mercer, Bannon, Farage etc without even realising. I guess Mal thinks it increases his chances of being able to slaughter any non-whites and non-christians.

I suspect all the prominent flat earth names think it is nonsense but are also fascist nutters using flat earth as hook to build their cult. It won't take gullible types who are attracted to flat earth too long to stumble across campaigns which are pro-misogyny, anti-gay and pro-white supremecy and get entranced by that too. And because society ridiculed these people for thinking the earth was flat it means they get more passionate when society criticises their Nazism.
Johnsons Red Army
Red Duke wrote: Me thinks Malabus it just a WUM.
Let's hope so, as the only other option is a nutter!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Johnsons Red Army wrote:
Red Duke wrote: Me thinks Malabus it just a WUM.
Let's hope so, as the only other option is a nutter!
Or someone with an agenda to subvert truth for more sinister reasons.
Malabus
Red Duke wrote:Malabus, there is flight leaving Auckland, New Zealand on 22nd November at 05:05 going to Santiago, Chile.

https://www.aucklandairport.co.nz/flights" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Red Duke.....this great interview will be an interest to you regarding flights in the Southern Hemisphere.
https://youtu.be/x-G2aiVoeu8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Question everything.

Malabus
Just to add....
If I took a flight from Sydney > Auckland it would take 3 hrs....now on the return journey it would take around the same flight time...so (important bit) if the ‘global’ earth is spinning on its axis at 1038 mph at the equator why would the aircraft (which is independent of the earth spin) take the same time to return.....

Answer that Globalists!!