Thank god for that, about time.

WARNING: This section may contain jokes or topics of an offensive nature.
Recommended for over 18's only. Send Admin a PM to request exclusion.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Phase 1 introductory parts of negotiation finally complete.

So easy bits (agreeing not to deport 3m people, agreeing not to build a wall, and adding up spending commitments in a spreadsheet) done in 8 months. Sorting out the future of trade and unprecedented changes to our economy should be a doddle.
Malabus
3 million is far too much compared to our 1 million in the EU states.
Transition period is far too long, but can understand that it would help businesses.
My concerns are the EU dictators extortionate attitude towards the leaving fee.

Sent from my Lenovo TB2-X30F using Tapatalk
kora
If you are a member of a club and decide to leave, you have to pay what you are due. If you don't, other clubs will be very unwilling to let you join with them in the future. I can't see what is so difficult to understand in that. As far as nationals of other countries being here, large sections of our economy eg farming, catering and health want borders kept open or their futures are in severe doubt. All basic economics even you should be able to grasp.
Malabus
kora wrote:If you are a member of a club and decide to leave, you have to pay what you are due. If you don't, other clubs will be very unwilling to let you join with them in the future. I can't see what is so difficult to understand in that. As far as nationals of other countries being here, large sections of our economy eg farming, catering and health want borders kept open or their futures are in severe doubt. All basic economics even you should be able to grasp.
We liberated Europe in 1945 with many lives lost - we paid more than enough.

Stop being incredibly foolish and keep watching your fake news.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Malabus wrote:
kora wrote:If you are a member of a club and decide to leave, you have to pay what you are due. If you don't, other clubs will be very unwilling to let you join with them in the future. I can't see what is so difficult to understand in that. As far as nationals of other countries being here, large sections of our economy eg farming, catering and health want borders kept open or their futures are in severe doubt. All basic economics even you should be able to grasp.

Good to hear you praising one of the greatest triumphs of liberalism over fascism the world has ever witnessed.
Malabus
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Malabus wrote:

Good to hear you praising one of the greatest triumphs of liberalism over fascism the world has ever witnessed.
Whilst communist Stalin murdered 60 million.... people tend to forget that...ohh I know why..Russian were allies. Victors will always record history to favour themselves.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Is a shame of Britain that our liberation only extended over Western Europe leaving the East to suffer the tyranny of Stalin's fascism.

Britain does have a history of such compromises and allowing a brutal ally to dominate a region in turn for support in another. Always leads to problems, whether enabling the USSR, the West Bank conflict or the first Gulf War. We should have had the Commie fascists as soon as they blockaded Berlin and nipped 45 years of dictatorship and oppression in the bud.

Much like your support for Assad to stop ISIS in fact. To truly liberate Syria from oppression and tyrannical slaughter Britain should crush both Assad and ISIS rather than backing one to support the other.