PB is a fantastic chairman.........but

WARNING: This section may contain jokes or topics of an offensive nature.
Recommended for over 18's only. Send Admin a PM to request exclusion.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

paperboy
.....he royally cheeses me off.

Our paths often cross as he makes his way home in the evening.

There is a busy pedestrian crossing in College Road near to the London Road with three lanes of traffic.

He routinely ignores the signals and crosses as it suits him.
These lights are very pedestrian friendly and change within a few seconds of being activated-unlike some where the poor pedestrian is a third class citizen.

Well none of us is squeaky clean,but this total stupidity from a mature,intelligent man.

He should really understand that being a local councillor and a high profile person in the town his standards need to be much higher.

Rant over.
horlickfanclub
When the council block up Boots corner the traffic will be stationary in College Road between 3 and 7 so crossing will be easier. Perhaps he is practising.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
The crossing actually on the London Road junction walking down the London Rd to town is awful for peds, takes so long to change.

The one linking the two parks is fine as you say, but I know people who use the other entrances to the parks (to avoid the cycle) path which are not linked by a crossing so just cross as hoc.

I mix and match depending which entrance I fancy and how busy it is.

I generally view that street as pedestrian territory given it dissects the park. I'd make it 20mph limit, and get rid of the crossings and road markings, with a raised up section to pavement level in a different colour from Bath Parade to where the toucan crossing is (ie the width of the park) so it is more tailored towards peds walking through the park, perhaps with a tiger crossing (a zebra but which bikes/horses also use) where the toucan crossing currently is.
Shade
Is this thread a f#!$ joke? Chairman crosses road...
horlickfanclub
Road safety is not a joke. What if Trialist A or Trialist B came to town and got knocked over? The squad would be decimated.
Shade
I think it's a joke being on this forum. This isn't a road safety forum.
Ralph
This should be in jokes and non footy. Not CTFC related
everyman
Shade wrote:Is this thread a f#!$ joke? Chairman crosses road...
Answer;To get to the other side,avoiding Dale Vince ?