Register    Login    Search    FAQ



CTFC.com Official Site Cheltenham Town FC 500 Club

Other Useful Links:     Leo's Blog    Robins Trust    CTFC Chatter    Football Ground Guide    This is Gloucestershire    News Now    CTFC History Site

Board index » THE NEST » NON FOOTY/JOKES ETC




 Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 



Author Message
 Post subject: Just one year to go for FREEDOM.
 Post Posted: 29 Mar 2018, 14:14 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 13:26
Posts: 11731
Location: The Death Star.
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 0 time
Remember all the Project Fear lies.

Check out @JonathanArnott’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/JonathanArnott/stat ... 05952?s=09

Sent from my Lenovo TB2-X30F using Tapatalk


Top  Share on FacebookShare on Twitter
 Post subject: Re: Just one year to go for FREEDOM.
 Post Posted: 29 Mar 2018, 16:13 
Offline

Joined: 27 Dec 2015, 15:19
Posts: 831
Location: Stroud District
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Let's not forget the biggest lie of all throughout the campaign, though:

Image


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Just one year to go for FREEDOM.
 Post Posted: 29 Mar 2018, 16:59 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 27 Sep 2010, 14:02
Posts: 9236
Location: Cheltenhamshire
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
What figure is sent to the EU each week?


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Just one year to go for FREEDOM.
 Post Posted: 29 Mar 2018, 18:21 
Offline

Joined: 27 Dec 2015, 15:19
Posts: 831
Location: Stroud District
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Depends who you ask. Everyone has their own agenda so will happily pluck figures from thin air, such as the above.

My comment was referencing their statement that implied that instead of sending £350m to the EU each week, they would instead spend £350m per week more on the NHS. A total and utter lie.

"Brexiteers who claimed the NHS would receive an extra £350m after Brexit have been condemned for voting down an amendment demanding an analysis of the impact of exiting the EU on the health service.

The amendment to Government’s bill – voted down in the Commons by 337 to 288 votes – would have forced Theresa May to probe the effects of Brexit on the NHS if it had been successful.

Among the prominent Brexiteers who voted against the amendment included Michael Gove, the then-Justice Secretary, Boris Johnson, who is now the Foreign Secretary, and Priti Patel, who is now the International Development Secretary.

Chuka Umunna, the former shadow Business Secretary who tabled the amendment, said those who campaigned to leave the EU and voted the amendment down should “hang their heads in shame”.

“For them to promise £350m more a week for the NHS, and then turn round and oppose an amendment that would have set out how they will deliver their pledge is utterly shameless and disgraceful,” he added.

“Voters can now see very well that pro-Leave Tories made that pledge cynically, without ever thinking about how it might be achieved.
"


https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 70336.html


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Just one year to go for FREEDOM.
 Post Posted: 29 Mar 2018, 18:41 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 04:27
Posts: 17580
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
Mal, hate to break it to you, but we have 21 months of status quo / transition starting in April next year.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Just one year to go for FREEDOM.
 Post Posted: 29 Mar 2018, 19:36 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 13:26
Posts: 11731
Location: The Death Star.
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 0 time
Johnsons Red Army wrote:
Let's not forget the biggest lie of all throughout the campaign, though:

Image


Not a lie.
“Let’s fund our NHS instead”
That’s exactly what’s going to happen.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Just one year to go for FREEDOM.
 Post Posted: 29 Mar 2018, 19:36 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 13:26
Posts: 11731
Location: The Death Star.
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 0 time
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Mal, hate to break it to you, but we have 21 months of status quo / transition starting in April next year.


A transitional period no one wanted.


Top 
 Post subject: Just one year to go for FREEDOM.
 Post Posted: 29 Mar 2018, 19:37 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 13:26
Posts: 11731
Location: The Death Star.
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 0 time
Johnsons Red Army wrote:
Depends who you ask. Everyone has their own agenda so will happily pluck figures from thin air, such as the above.

My comment was referencing their statement that implied that instead of sending £350m to the EU each week, they would instead spend £350m per week more on the NHS. A total and utter lie.

"Brexiteers who claimed the NHS would receive an extra £350m after Brexit have been condemned for voting down an amendment demanding an analysis of the impact of exiting the EU on the health service.

The amendment to Government’s bill – voted down in the Commons by 337 to 288 votes – would have forced Theresa May to probe the effects of Brexit on the NHS if it had been successful.

Among the prominent Brexiteers who voted against the amendment included Michael Gove, the then-Justice Secretary, Boris Johnson, who is now the Foreign Secretary, and Priti Patel, who is now the International Development Secretary.

Chuka Umunna, the former shadow Business Secretary who tabled the amendment, said those who campaigned to leave the EU and voted the amendment down should “hang their heads in shame”.

“For them to promise £350m more a week for the NHS, and then turn round and oppose an amendment that would have set out how they will deliver their pledge is utterly shameless and disgraceful,” he added.

“Voters can now see very well that pro-Leave Tories made that pledge cynically, without ever thinking about how it might be achieved.
"


https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 70336.html



How much glue have you been stiffing, snowflake.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Just one year to go for FREEDOM.
 Post Posted: 29 Mar 2018, 19:42 
Offline

Joined: 27 Dec 2015, 15:19
Posts: 831
Location: Stroud District
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Having to resort to insults already??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Can't handle the facts?


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Just one year to go for FREEDOM.
 Post Posted: 29 Mar 2018, 19:45 
Offline

Joined: 27 Dec 2015, 15:19
Posts: 831
Location: Stroud District
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Malabus wrote:


How much glue have you been stiffing, snowflake.


Btw, what is "stiffing"? Are you that wound up you can't spell any more? :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Just one year to go for FREEDOM.
 Post Posted: 29 Mar 2018, 21:04 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 04:27
Posts: 17580
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
Johnsons Red Army wrote:
Malabus wrote:


How much glue have you been stiffing, snowflake.


Btw, what is "stiffing"? Are you that wound up you can't spell any more? :lol: :lol: :lol:


We are Britain. We spell how we want. Taking back control of our dictionary.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Just one year to go for FREEDOM.
 Post Posted: 29 Mar 2018, 21:17 
Offline

Joined: 27 Dec 2015, 15:19
Posts: 831
Location: Stroud District
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
:lol:


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Just one year to go for FREEDOM.
 Post Posted: 30 Mar 2018, 00:43 
Offline

Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 10:37
Posts: 4091
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 2 times
According to my Tax Summary, just 0.7% of my not-inconsiderable tax bill was spent on the UK Contribution to the EU Budget. 0.7% :shock: Just over a fifth of the total was spent on Health and almost a quarter on Welfare. Hmm...I think I see where most of my tax gets spunked - and it's most definitely not on the EU. I also doubt whether the extra 0.7% will make much of a difference to the NHS - oh, silly me: it's going to be shared with Education (currently just 12.3%) - oh, and making sure the farmers don't go out of business without their EU subsidies (Agriculture doesn't currently get a mention, so presumably it's less than the paltry sum I'm paying to the EU.)


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Just one year to go for FREEDOM.
 Post Posted: 30 Mar 2018, 06:33 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 04:27
Posts: 17580
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
Plus the government has promised to continue supporting all of the regional economic development activity funded by the EU, which is vital to SMEs around the country who have to cope in the face of Tory anti-small business agenda.

For example the 2025-2020 ERDF fund is €3,628,260,303, and given the jobs and GVA that results in each year, it needs to be replaced.

Obviously the fear is that rather than going equally around the UK the Tories will do what they can to cut the funding in the areas which rely on EU money most (Cornwall, Wales, etc) and transfer it to the South East like they have with a Local Authority funding, and thus won’t be replaced.

Gloucestershire LEP currently distributing €41m of ESF funding around the county (http://www.gfirstlep.com/projects/) I doubt even Gloucestershire could be confident of the current government replacing the money lost.


Top 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
 Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 




Board index » THE NEST » NON FOOTY/JOKES ETC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

cron