This is NOT cricket

WARNING: This section may contain jokes or topics of an offensive nature.
Recommended for over 18's only. Send Admin a PM to request exclusion.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

asl
Absolutely shocking.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/43526870" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Expect so much better from an ex-Gloucestershire man.
Johnsons Red Army
Hopefully the book is thrown at all involved.
asl
Smith and Warner have stepped down as captain and vice captain for the remainder of the test. Surely, a lengthy ban is the least they can expect? The 'leadership team' must be named and shamed but obviously includes those two, plus Bancroft, and all need to face punishment.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
There is no precedent for big punishments. Within a match the punishment is 5 runs and a ball change! And a level 2 offence a maximum of one test match ban and at least 50% of match fee.
Ralph
Just been catching up with this. How the hell Bancroft thought that he would not get spotted by a camera is beyond me. He was up on the big screen playing about lol
Ralph
Looks like Bancroft tried it in the Ashes too http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ASHES.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
asl
Expunge the last Ashes series from the record books and show England as the current holders.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
If only there was a big island somewhere the authorities could ship these miscreants to.
asl
A one match ban for Smith. Shockingly lenient. Not even that for Bancroft. Cricket Australia should have all who knew about this on a plane back to Oz the same day the current test ends.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
asl wrote:A one match ban for Smith. Shockingly lenient. Not even that for Bancroft. Cricket Australia should have all who knew about this on a plane back to Oz the same day the current test ends.
As per earlier post, one match ban and 100% match fee fine currently the max punishment option.
asl
Maybe the maximum for the ICC - but I do wonder if Cricket Australia will add something.
Malabus
asl wrote:Maybe the maximum for the ICC - but I do wonder if Cricket Australia will add something.
Listening to TMS in the early hours they suggest the Aussies will punish very hard, they are renowned for a tough stance on such things.
Shade
I've been laughing all weekend. This is the best thing to happen in cricket for a long time, as the Aussies will finally be put in line. They've been a law unto themselves for the last few years. The only shame is no life ban for Warner. Yet.
Ralph
I see talk about an issue with Warner and a bandage on his hand that he kept playing with a lot ( i think in the Ashes) Probably cheating then too
Shade
Wouldn't at all surprise me. The best thing I saw over the weekend was Dominic Cork going off on one about Darren Lehmann putting in an official complaint about the fan that "abused" Warner. He was being asked about the whole Australia situation and was getting more and more irate, then mentioned Lehmann and looked straight down the camera and said something along the lines of "really? REALLY? Have you ever been to the MCG, as an Englishman, and had to put up with the level of abuse we get in the field all day long" before having a nice rant about hypocrisy. At the time I, nor he obviously, forgot about Lehmann calling for the Aussie fans to abuse Stuart Broad as much as they could during the Ashes.

And Michael Vaughan on twitter and facebook has been having an absolute field day. Even had a spat with Warner's wife. He said something about the abuse and Warner should get over it, she replied with "so you'd condone someone abusing your wife and kids then?" To which Vaughan replied "No, but maybe you should look a little bit closer to home as to why there is abuse". It's been brilliant.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:Wouldn't at all surprise me. The best thing I saw over the weekend was Dominic Cork going off on one about Darren Lehmann putting in an official complaint about the fan that "abused" Warner. He was being asked about the whole Australia situation and was getting more and more irate, then mentioned Lehmann and looked straight down the camera and said something along the lines of "really? REALLY? Have you ever been to the MCG, as an Englishman, and had to put up with the level of abuse we get in the field all day long" before having a nice rant about hypocrisy. At the time I, nor he obviously, forgot about Lehmann calling for the Aussie fans to abuse Stuart Broad as much as they could during the Ashes.

And Michael Vaughan on twitter and facebook has been having an absolute field day. Even had a spat with Warner's wife. He said something about the abuse and Warner should get over it, she replied with "so you'd condone someone abusing your wife and kids then?" To which Vaughan replied "No, but maybe you should look a little bit closer to home as to why there is abuse". It's been brilliant.
LOL. F*ck Lehmann.

I still remember the awesome Benson and Hedges Cup semi-final vs Yorkshire when Glos and Jack made an absolute pillock of Lehmann.

Here is a narrative including Jack's description:

"There was a superb example of this harassing in the B&H semi-final, when Yorkshire's key player, Darren Lehmann, was freakishly run out. 'One of the guys hurled the ball back at me - quite legitimately - after Lehmann had played a shot and he had to sway to get out of the way,' Russell said. 'That riled him a little. Two overs later he cracked the ball straight to mid-off, who threw it back to me. He was still thinking about the previous incident and stood there in macho style, taunting us.' The trouble for Lehmann was that he was still five inches out of his crease at the time and Russell whipped off the bails - the match-winning moment."

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2001/ ... ershireccc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shade
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Shade wrote:Wouldn't at all surprise me. The best thing I saw over the weekend was Dominic Cork going off on one about Darren Lehmann putting in an official complaint about the fan that "abused" Warner. He was being asked about the whole Australia situation and was getting more and more irate, then mentioned Lehmann and looked straight down the camera and said something along the lines of "really? REALLY? Have you ever been to the MCG, as an Englishman, and had to put up with the level of abuse we get in the field all day long" before having a nice rant about hypocrisy. At the time I, nor he obviously, forgot about Lehmann calling for the Aussie fans to abuse Stuart Broad as much as they could during the Ashes.

LOL. F*ck Lehmann.

I still remember the awesome Benson and Hedges Cup semi-final vs Yorkshire when Glos and Jack made an absolute pillock of Lehmann.

Here is a narrative including Jack's description:

"There was a superb example of this harassing in the B&H semi-final, when Yorkshire's key player, Darren Lehmann, was freakishly run out. 'One of the guys hurled the ball back at me - quite legitimately - after Lehmann had played a shot and he had to sway to get out of the way,' Russell said. 'That riled him a little. Two overs later he cracked the ball straight to mid-off, who threw it back to me. He was still thinking about the previous incident and stood there in macho style, taunting us.' The trouble for Lehmann was that he was still five inches out of his crease at the time and Russell whipped off the bails - the match-winning moment."

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2001/ ... ershireccc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:lol:
Shade
With a bit of luck, Warner's going to be thrown under the bus
http://www.skysports.com/cricket/news/1 ... -australia" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Johnsons Red Army
Australia cricket captain Steve Smith and vice-captain David Warner have been banned from playing for Australia for 12 months following the ball-tampering scandal, according to reports.

https://news.sky.com/story/david-warner ... m-11306764" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shade
Just confirmed. :lol:
asl
Means Smith will be available for the next Ashes tour - though I cannot see Warner being selected again.

Well done CA - but I'm unsure as to how Lehman was exonerated. At some point, he's going to have to face the press.
Shade
asl wrote:Means Smith will be available for the next Ashes tour
Good. Can you imagine the crowds reaction, especially away from Lords? I can't wait.