Moviepass $9 a month, as many films in cinema as you want

WARNING: This section may contain jokes or topics of an offensive nature.
Recommended for over 18's only. Send Admin a PM to request exclusion.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Ralph
Apparently, you have a UK company trying the same thing. Costs more than ours but if it moves out of London, it might work http://deadline.com/2018/03/moviepass-c ... 202335798/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We have Moviepass and it works well. $9 a month (6.52 pounds)
You check in with the Moviepass app (have to be 100yds or less from the cinema) and then go in and pay with the Moviepass debit card that they send you.

No idea how long this thing is going to last but it's a great product. We see films now that we would never have paid to see. Cinemas get the full price of the cinema ticket every time and more money in concessions.
Keep an eye out for it. Cinema tickets are overpriced in UK
asl
Cineworld have done something similar for a while. Good value if you have the time.
Ralph
There are a couple of chains here that do their own thing, but it's not as good as the Moviepass product.
Shade
I pay £17.40 a month for Cineworld Unlimited. Usually got once a week so it saves me double that. Also gives me 25% off food and drink, and also 25% off at several restaurants and other places. Personally, I think that's pretty fair. It's cheaper than a ticket for one game at WR, and often more entertaining the last couple of years?
Ralph
We don't get the discounted food etc with ours but i know Moviepass wants to do something on that. They have more than 2million subscribers in less than a year. I think the 17.40 pounds is still high compared to the US. It's just so expensive there. Cinema tickets here are $8 which is about 5.50 pounds
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ralph wrote:We don't get the discounted food etc with ours but i know Moviepass wants to do something on that. They have more than 2million subscribers in less than a year. I think the 17.40 pounds is still high compared to the US. It's just so expensive there. Cinema tickets here are $8 which is about 5.50 pounds
Tell the powers that be on your side of the pond to lower the film distribution and licence fees and we may get cheaper tickets here.