Phone upgrade

WARNING: This section may contain jokes or topics of an offensive nature.
Recommended for over 18's only. Send Admin a PM to request exclusion.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

asl
Phone upgrade time cos my wife is anxious to get my cast-off Samsung S7 Edge. I went into the shop expecting to come out with the new S9+ but became distracted by the Huawei P20 Pro that is almost half the price, still runs Android and has a frankly-astonishing camera. The screen res is slightly lower than the Sammy - but I wonder if I'll notice. The CPU benchmarking on the P20 also scores (significantly) lower.

Anyone got any views on the choice? NB I'm not interested in your views on a shitty iPhone - I don't want one, sorry!
Shade
I've gone Cubot the last 3 years (2 phones - 1 lasted 2 years but I dropped it in the shower and somehow it still worked for another year before the battery gave up, the other is a year old and doing fine). £130 and can do everything the others can. The only thing that lets my current Max down a bit is that the video recording isn't very good, but there are other models that have better recording abilities. However, if money was no object, I'd go for a Huawei as everybody seems to have Samsung's and I'm up for a bit of being different.