A Royal marrying a simple commoner from the hood.

WARNING: This section may contain jokes or topics of an offensive nature.
Recommended for over 18's only. Send Admin a PM to request exclusion.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Malabus
This marriage won't last 12 months. The father bankrupt and moved to Mexico and is a alcoholic.
The Queen and Prince Phillip must be going through a very stressful period, they don't need this at their age. Phillip will have another bladder infection.

Sent from my Lenovo TB2-X30F using Tapatalk
Red Duke
I feel sorry for the guy. He is a recluse living in Mexico. He has become unwittingly part of the media circus that goes with the Royal Family. I was listening to the news this morning and there was some Royal Commentator saying he couldn't "hack it". Why should he have to hack it.

I can't beleive the amount of air time that is being spent on a complete non-event. An irrelevant white man marries a woman.of mixed race. Is this so unusual that it is news? I am sure it has happened before.
asl
A British royal has even married an American before now. Not like that caused a constitutional crisis or anything.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Surprised Mal cares about the Royal Family.

What a waste of tax payers money. Still, convenient for the government and media to distract millions from genuine problems with nonsense hype and tacky bunting.

Hope the couple and immediate family are happy. The hangers on can do one. The vermin hacks will have their moment feeding on whatever they can nibbling away in the sewers. No doubt the Echo will be all over it.
Malabus
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Surprised Mal cares about the Royal Family.

What a waste of tax payers money. Still, convenient for the government and media to distract millions from genuine problems with nonsense hype and tacky bunting.

Hope the couple and immediate family are happy. The hangers on can do one. The vermin hacks will have their moment feeding on whatever they can nibbling away in the sewers. No doubt the Echo will be all over it.
Wonderful establishment for the foreign tourists. The Chinese never stop snapping their cameras and they like to spend big.
We must thank the monarchy for the amount of money they generate.
God save the Queen.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Malabus wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Surprised Mal cares about the Royal Family.

Wonderful establishment for the foreign tourists. The Chinese never stop snapping their cameras and they like to spend big.
We must thank the monarchy for the amount of money they generate.
God save the Queen.

Yes, I am sure the eighth cousin twice removed 900th in line to the thrown who lives a life on benefits in a country house in goodness knows where funded by taxpayers is a great draw for tourists. Cut the subsidies for these hangers on and the financial argument for the core Royals becomes a lot stronger.
Red Duke
I believe it to be a myth the benefits to the economy about the Royal Family put about by Royalists to justify the amount of money spent by the UK Taxpayer.

I have no problem for the Queen and her husband. However, the rest should get some real jobs to pay for their keep.
kora
Phil the Greek is good value for money; rivals Clarkson as the funniest racist in the realm.
Shade
The fact is that we don't know exactly how much the Royal Family costs compared to how much the country makes because of them, but all the estimates seem to think that they make more than they cost. The Queen and Prince Charles also pay millions per year in tax on their lands. In the grand scheme of things, the numbers are a drop in the ocean compared to what the country makes in tourism but overall they probably aren't costing us anything, so let the Royalists have their fun.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:The fact is that we don't know exactly how much the Royal Family costs compared to how much the country makes because of them, but all the estimates seem to think that they make more than they cost. The Queen and Prince Charles also pay millions per year in tax on their lands. In the grand scheme of things, the numbers are a drop in the ocean compared to what the country makes in tourism but overall they probably aren't costing us anything, so let the Royalists have their fun.
It was also (don’t know if still is) the case that the Queen and Prince Charles were the two biggest recipients of Common Agricultural Policy funding in the UK for their lands.
Red Duke
Shade wrote:The fact is that we don't know exactly how much the Royal Family costs compared to how much the country makes because of them, but all the estimates seem to think that they make more than they cost. The Queen and Prince Charles also pay millions per year in tax on their lands. In the grand scheme of things, the numbers are a drop in the ocean compared to what the country makes in tourism but overall they probably aren't costing us anything, so let the Royalists have their fun.

Yep, all the estimates are done by people who have a vested interest to skew the facts to suit the pro-Royalist agenda.

If they are to have state benefits, let them be the same as everyone else. See if they could survive on Universal Credit.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Red Duke wrote:

Yep, all the estimates are done by people who have a vested interest to skew the facts to suit the pro-Royalist agenda.

If they are to have state benefits, let them be the same as everyone else. See if they could survive on Universal Credit.
Bedroom tax on Buckingham Palace.
Red Duke
Just watching 6 pm on BBC News. I just don't believe it - the Lead Story - Man may not go to Daughter's wedding. There are more important things going on in the world than non-event wedding.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Red Duke wrote:Just watching 6 pm on BBC News. I just don't believe it - the Lead Story - Man may not go to Daughter's wedding. There are more important things going on in the world than non-event wedding.
OK magazine tat on the national broadcaster.

Really is about time the BBC was abolished, or at least the license fee optional so one can opt out.

Third top story (after two ‘celebrity’ deaths) on BBC homepage is “Backlash after New York Times Yorkshire pudding feature”.

The BBC website must be the most bloated labyrinth of guff on the .co.uk domain. They could delete half the content and cull half the staff and I doubt anyone would notice.
theidlerich
Quote " Really is about time the BBC was abolished, or at least the license fee optional so one can opt out."
No RCS - merely the monarchy!
Shade
Red Duke wrote:

Not at all. I was mainly reading an article that seemed skewed against the Royals, which was backed up by other sources.
Malabus
Old Phillip at it again.

Meghan Markle's half-sister, Samantha Grant, 'injured in car crash' after 'confrontation with paparazzi' - The Telegraphhttps://apple.news/A5__RzB-OQwmYikQNjc6MlA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
The vermin hacks I referred to.
Malabus
Get your merchandise here.
https://www.wholesaleclearance.co.uk/pr ... -error.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sent from my Lenovo TB2-X30F using Tapatalk
Ihearye
Red Duke wrote:Just watching 6 pm on BBC News. I just don't believe it - the Lead Story - Man may not go to Daughter's wedding. There are more important things going on in the world than non-event wedding.
By the amount you post about it, it would appear not