Unbelievable ignorance from new Secretary of State.

WARNING: This section may contain jokes or topics of an offensive nature.
Recommended for over 18's only. Send Admin a PM to request exclusion.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Karen Bradley on becoming Secretary of State for Northern Ireland:

“I freely admit that when I started this job, I didn’t understand some of the deep-seated and deep-rooted issues that there are in Northern Ireland,” Bradley told House magazine, a weekly publication for the Houses of Parliament.

I didn’t understand things like when elections are fought, for example, in Northern Ireland – people who are nationalists don’t vote for unionist parties and vice versa. So, the parties fight for election within their own community.”
kora
Fecking hell, but then have any of Ms May's cabinet understood their jobs. Because she's not the brightest, she puts people in jobs that will fail and therefore be no threat to her as big boss. Davies on brexit and Boris at foreign office for example, and brings back f#!$ like Gove and Fox. She then feels safer to blunder on regardless.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shows how screwed our society and political system is that someone lacking such basic knowledge of the UK, let alone the World, can rise to this level of office.

I personally would struggle to converse with someone so ignorant, let alone offer them a job, so really is galling to see such stupidity in high office of Government.
Red Duke
Unbelievable!! Does Karen Bradley ever watch the news? She is 48 years old and not 8 years old. Yet another incompetent promoted to a high position.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Red Duke wrote:Unbelievable!! Does Karen Bradley ever watch the news? She is 48 years old and not 8 years old. Yet another incompetent promoted to a high position.
This book by, in my opinion, one of the very best journalists/commentators in the country may help explain how we have ended up with thick sh!ts in power.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/178239 ... 1782399739" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
One of my other faves on good form.

https://amp.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... ary-tories" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;