Battle of the Severn Vale

WARNING: This section may contain jokes or topics of an offensive nature.
Recommended for over 18's only. Send Admin a PM to request exclusion.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

SHANDY VOR
When the inevitable day comes and the people of Gloucester rise up against you, geography will play a key part in the battle of the Severn Vale.

The key to victory for Gloucester will be a blitzkrieg push along the Golden Valley with troops deployed north along the M5 to prevent being outflanked to the west. At the same time the heavy artillery would be moved up Birdlip Hill and onto the Devil's Pulpit, providing an attacking position over the Shurdington Road, and within easy shelling distance of the Eagle Tower. I would place one of my battalions on Chosen Hill as a defensive position between the two main attacking thrusts.

Cheltonians would be forced north hemmed in by Cleeve Hill to the east and squashed from the west by the M5 forces. There would be panic on the streets of Bishop's Cleeve.

What would your military response be, where would you deploy your defensive lines?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
SHANDY VOR wrote:When the inevitable day comes and the people of Gloucester rise up against you, geography will play a key part in the battle of the Severn Vale.

The key to victory for Gloucester will be a blitzkrieg push along the Golden Valley with troops deployed north along the M5 to prevent being outflanked to the west. At the same time the heavy artillery would be moved up Birdlip Hill and onto the Devil's Pulpit, providing an attacking position over the Shurdington Road, and within easy shelling distance of the Eagle Tower. I would place one of my battalions on Chosen Hill as a defensive position between the two main attacking thrusts.

Cheltonians would be forced north hemmed in by Cleeve Hill to the east and squashed from the west by the M5 forces. There would be panic on the streets of Bishop's Cleeve.

What would your military response be, where would you deploy your defensive lines?
GCHQ know what you are going to do before you do it. Tactical drone strike deployed by a computer geek in level -5 of the doughnut.
Shade
Right, that's it, no males between 16 and 60 from Gloucester are allowed across the border into Cheltenham.
Sprout Picker
SHANDY VOR wrote:When the inevitable day comes and the people of Gloucester rise up against you, geography will play a key part in the battle of the Severn Vale.

:lol:
We cannot give away our strategy.
theidlerich
Sadly not; Glos Highways would win any battle decisively as far too many potholes which would claim untold fractured ankles and broken axles! No contest really!