Ashes

WARNING: This section may contain jokes or topics of an offensive nature.
Recommended for over 18's only. Send Admin a PM to request exclusion.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

asl
Never in doubt. Arise, Sir Ben!

Makes the end of the WC Final look tame.
SHANDY VOR
What a. G a me.

Had TMS on all day in the garden as I toiled on my vegetables in the heat, my unreasonable optimistic punctured at junctures during the day, and by the end I was just looking for them to get as close as possible and come away with some pride. As in the World Cup some incredible bits of luck at key times towards the end of the game when just one against us would have been the end. Almost as if fate, the gods etc. dictated we should win. Oh for some of that rub to go with the football team!

I think we'll go on to win the Ashes now, not sure the Aussies will be able to pick themselves up after that one, the weather will be the only thing that will stop us. The match will go down in history in the same breath as the previous Headingley spectacular.

God I love cricket!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
When Leach had to face the over with two needed...I was beginning to question whether the luck would hold.

Stokes a hero.
Shade
I've just about recovered. Very glad I decided to stick it out as I watched wickets 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 fall when we were still so far from home. 99 times out of 100, I would have turned the TV off and done something else with us in that position, especially on such a nice day, but I just had a feeling that while Stokes was still in there was a glimmer. However, I thought it was in the stars that Jofra would be the one to help Stokes across the line, but he didn't have the patience (or skill) required. Jack Leach. Balls of steel. Luckily the Aussies didn't bowl too many at his stumps...

I put a comment on an England cricket facebook post basically saying a miracle was going to happen. The mocking replies have filled me with much amusement.
Nesty
Jason Roy will never make a test cricketer - just dropped another catch -
Ihearye
That chap Smith seems a decent player
asl
Has a weakness when sweeping spin in the 200's....
SHANDY VOR
Draw this one and then nick the decider.
Nesty
lets pray for rain or a plague of locusts.
asl
Stokes (207*) and Leach (20*) to see us home.
Shade
Shame we couldn't win it but at least we got the series draw. If only it hadn't rained so much in the second Test, we could have won it 3-2.